Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Old Althing Results

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:13 pm 

August Althing Results: Out of a total of 213 eligible voters ...85 voted. The final results are under each Item. ALL Items passed.

Item 1:
A onetime $200 donation to go towards a stronger Amtgard presence on the web. This is a decision that was discussed at the recent CoM. The executive committee has asked for $37 from each kingdom. Though I could make the donation out of my 10% monthly expense account, I felt that I should consult the members of my Kingdom before doing so. Celestial Kingdom and two other Kingdoms both committed to donating well over the $37 mark and I feel we should do better than them, hence my refusal to commit to the CoM until our populace has had a chance to think about this and approve/disapprove a donation. After seeing the presentation of the new ORK and the presentation of the new web presence, I think both will be of great benefit to both our own Kingdom and to the other Kingdoms of the realm. I will be asking for a donation from the Kingdom coffers in the amount of $200 towards this project that will be placed before the populace as an Althing item.

Results: 63 Yes / 18 No / 4 abstained = 85

Item 2:
Do you feel that the CoK should adopt a Knight's Code? This Knight's Code will be either included in the EH Corpora on page 20, Section I, and/or included in the Knight's By-Laws.

Results: 54 Yes / 29 No / 2 abstained = 85

Item 3:
If YES, do you feel:
Said Knight's Code should be submitted for inclusion in an Althing to take place before the end of November 2012 for inclusion in the Corpora and/or The Knight's By-Laws by the end of November 2012 for approval of the populace?

Results: 44 Yes / 29 No / 12 abstained = 85

Item 4:
If YES, do you feel:
a). The CoK should create a formal procedure that clearly defines the means to strip a Knight of a belt(s) in accordance with their Code
b). that said procedure is included either in:
the EH Corpora
c). and/or the CoK By-Laws
d) That the new formal procedure for stripping a belt be used to prove a Knight worthy of having their belt stripped?

Results: 49 Yes / 18 No / 18 abstained

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:59 pm 

as Item 3: was "If Yes..." shouldn't there have only been 54 votes on that one that counted? and Item 4: should have only had 44 votes that counted for the same reason?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:24 pm 

Geesh DT ....REALLY? I guess everyone ain't got the brains you got.

Love and Kisses,

TH

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:30 pm 

Sorry, as much as people talk about the schools in Oklahoma sucking... they did teach me to read. I'm not sure what everybody else's excuses are.

*edit* could you post what the results would be if they had only included the people who voted yes on the previous Item?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:43 pm 

Dark Tigger wrote:
as Item 3: was "If Yes..." shouldn't there have only been 54 votes on that one that counted? and Item 4: should have only had 44 votes that counted for the same reason?

Those are all independent items, people are free to vote as they wish.

EDIT: I'll add also that just because someone disagrees with a rule does not mean they are disinterested in its implementation or that their vote ceases to matter.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:15 pm 

No they are not independent items due to the fact that you should not have voted for item 3 if you voted "no" for item two and likewise no vote needed for item 4 if you voted "no" on item 3. If they were independent items, there would be no conditions for whether you could vote on an item.

Oh wait, not allowed to have an opinion, sorry, forget all this.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:13 am 

If 4 was multiple choice, how was "yes" a result?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:38 am 

Krylis wrote:
If 4 was multiple choice, how was "yes" a result?

#4 wasn't multiple choice, the 4 items were the a, b, c, & d were the things you were voting yes or no on as a complete item.

"Until we stop viewing making a knight into a non-knight a fate worse than death we'll never be able to clean up knighthood." - Glen

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:42 am 

Darkangel wrote:
Those are all independent items, people are free to vote as they wish.

Quote:
Item 2:
Results: 54 Yes / 29 No / 2 abstained = 85

Item 3:
If YES, do you feel:Results: 44 Yes / 29 No / 12 abstained = 85

Item 4:
If YES, do you feel:

It's the "If YES" that makes them dependant items, and thus if you voted no on item 2 your vote wouldn't count for the rest of the items, since Item 3 was dependant on Yes votes for Item 2, and Item 4 dependant on Yes votes for Item 3.

All in all, it really doesn't matter, because due to the wording of the initial proposal, they were just discussion items, not binding resolutions... Do you think blah-blah-blah SHOULD happen...

"Until we stop viewing making a knight into a non-knight a fate worse than death we'll never be able to clean up knighthood." - Glen

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 pm 

Since some ppl actually read the Althing posted here and on the voting ballot, I can not and will not pass judgement on anyone's ability to read, comprehend, ect. SO ppl voted exactly like they wanted to on each item. I reported exactly what was on every ballot that was returned. I turned 2 " I don't cares' into abstains ..and one monologue into an abstain, since nothing was circled on all three.

The Althing Agenda was posted up long before the vote took place ....I had ONE PM ask questions about it out of everyone in the Kingdom ...ONE person out of 212 voters and approx 620 active members of EH.

What you see is what we all get. The populace has spoken ..and I'm darn sure going to respect that!
I am not going to go back and figure what would of been IF the Althing was interpreted the way some ppl read it. I DO have a life and a list of more things to do as EHPM that need my attention far more than this, before I step down at MR. If you have ever done the EHPM job you understand ..and if you have not ...run and get your eyes opened. Cause after every post I have made on voting results ...I always see daggers before my eyes :P

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:45 pm 

So you're saying you're not going to interpret the items AS THEY WERE WRITTEN but rather as you assume people interpreted them?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:53 pm 

It was written "August Althing Results: Out of a total of 213 eligible voters ...85 voted."
---------------------------

Is it apathy or ignorance?

I don’t know, and I don’t care.

But it is what it is.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:58 pm 

the results are the same regardless of how it's interpreted. The althing passed, that should be all that is of concern.

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:20 pm 

Facts are facts. The number don't lie.

213-85=128

128 dues payed/active populace members didnt even care enough to abstain.

Sad but true.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:01 pm 

I dont think all 213 were dues paid just active enough to vote

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Old Althing Results