Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Old Althing Results

Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:42 pm 

Here are the results of the March 2013 Althing.

We had 247 members of the Emerald Hills eligible to vote.
103 people voted.
IF I did the math correctly, this is 41% of our voting eligible population. (Elder and I have already established that math isn't my strong suit, so I might be wrong.)

Currently we have 15 parks plus those whose credits remain in EH-EH.
I received votes from 11 of them.

In the matter of Item 1:

Change "earn a maximum of 1¼ credits" to "earn a maximum of 2 credits"
Change "Those who attend Amtgard on both days will receive 1 (one) full credit for one day and ¼ (one-quarter) credit for the other day" to "Those who attend Amtgard on both days will receive 2 (two) full credits"

YES: 84
NO: 17
ABSTAIN: 2

In the matter of Item 2:

#2)
Make Champion a voted on position.
Page 7 strike #3 under Champion
3. “Winner of the Champions Tourney shall be Champion for the reign”

YES: 51
NO: 49
ABSTAIN: 3

In the matter of Item 3:

Make GMR an open voted on position.
Page 8 strike #3 under guildmaster of reeves
3. “Only members of the Reeves guild may vote for or run for GMR”

YES: 53
NO: 48
ABSTAIN: 2

In the matter of Item 4:

(Opting not to post the entire entry due to it's really long)

YES: 78
NO: 20
ABSTAIN: 5

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:40 am 

It was written:"In the matter of Item 1:

Change "earn a maximum of 1¼ credits" to "earn a maximum of 2 credits"
Change "Those who attend Amtgard on both days will receive 1 (one) full credit for one day and ¼ (one-quarter) credit for the other day" to "Those who attend Amtgard on both days will receive 2 (two) full credits"

YES: 84"

Your all worthless and weak. You have no idea what it took to earn a level in the early days of this game. I hope all 84 of you choke on your vote.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:02 am 

So sayi the Dark Saint of the EH. You have all been cursed!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:18 am 

Quote:
#2)

YES: 51
NO: 49
ABSTAIN: 3

Topic for discussion. Since Chump is now elected instead of fought there will be some contention that it can still count towards a sword belt. I really saw 3 viable options (there could be more I missed I admit) should we a)no longer allow it to receive defender title. b)no longer count defender as kingdom tourney win, or c)make an equivilent title for chumps who win by election.

"Until we stop viewing making a knight into a non-knight a fate worse than death we'll never be able to clean up knighthood." - Glen

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:09 am 

We can't change the defender title counting as a tournament win (but only 1 time) because that is in the rule book. I suggest that we no longer give out the title Defender to the elected position.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:41 am 

When's the next althing?

That's gotta go. Not only are we giving away a qualification for knighthood by popularity, it's just plain nonsensical. It's obvious that I'm the minority vote, and I feel bit silly for doing it but:

Definition of CHAMPION
: warrior, fighter
: a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
: one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
: a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <a champion at selling>
See champion defined for English-language learners »
See champion defined for kids »
Examples of CHAMPION

the heavyweight boxing champion of the world
Our team will play the defending champions next week.
the newly crowned national champions
He was a champion for the working classes.

Origin of CHAMPION
Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Medieval Latin campion-, campio, of West Germanic origin; akin to Old English cempa warrior

Anyone that hasn't gone, "tl,dr", we are Medieval group. How much farther are we going to step away from that? I'm as guilty as the next person for showing up in jeans, (generally because they're just cheaper and I lack sewing skills) it just seems that as time goes on, we're slowly but surely eradicating the things that made our game great.

Think of the concept of a champion, not Emmit Smith, Lancelot. El Cid. It's an ideal laden with prowess, creativity, and leadership. Tournaments were about winning the right to prove you possessed these things, not about public opinion.

*cough* How'd that soapbox get there? Oops.

Nettle

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:04 pm 

I apologize for my tone.
Nevron wrote:
You have no idea what it took to earn a level in the early days of this game.

Looks like it took 12 to 15 battlegames, from start to finish.
And 2 years for "definite knighthood consideration."

Antlers Rook
Chancellor Herald, GM Healer, Razorhills
GM Healer, Dreadmoor

Nocte Vivat

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:37 pm 

As one of the few active Sword knights sitting on the circle, I will no longer be recognizing Defender from EH towards qualification for Sword.

Likewise, I will no longer consider the title of Warlord issued to a player using a Defender title as part of the qualifications to be valid.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:51 pm 

Quote:
Likewise, I will no longer consider the title of Warlord issued to a player using a Defender title as part of the qualifications to be valid.

Now, here's my question regarding that. What are your thoughts on champions whom have received a defender but did not have a chump tourney as they ran uncontested?

"Until we stop viewing making a knight into a non-knight a fate worse than death we'll never be able to clean up knighthood." - Glen

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:46 pm 

I don't think that's an issue. The point of having it be a fought for position is that other fighters can choose to step up and stop a bad fighter from being champion.

We've removed that opportunity and as such we must decouple champion from the fighting awards.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:23 am 

Rook wrote: "Looks like it took 12 to 15 battlegames, from start to finish. and then he added a bunch of other stuff."

I really think you missed my point.

[smilie=icon_evil.gif]

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:36 am 

Well, that's pretty weird.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:25 pm 

It was voted: In the matter of Item 2:

Stupid question of the day...

So does the above mean that the future EH Champions just need to be voted in and not have to perform any sort of Quals entries like the PM does now?

[smilie=icon_cool.gif]

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:31 pm 

No, that is covered under a separate item on page 7: V.F.2. Must qualify at Crown Quals as per Monarch

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:16 pm 

Ok...Got a few more questions...

If someone completes their task to qualifiy for our future champion, and if no one else qualified, do they still need to be voted in?.

And...

If 2 (or more) people do manage to qualify for champion and one of them is a warrior of worth, and by that I mean someone who can swing a stick well enough to not hit themselfs in the head, but the other person not only had a third person fight all their war events, but the person seeking the position of EH Champion doesn't even know which end of the sword is to be used to strike at someone. Much less what makes a weapon safe or unsafe. Will a vote still be required?

And...

What if Forest and I both run for Champion and we would rather fight it out to see who wins the position does this new rule keep us from doing it by tourney and forever restrict us to just letting the populace vote who they want as the reigns champion?

[smilie=icon_question.gif]

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Old Althing Results