Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Old Althing Results

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:53 pm 

Number 11 about tanglewood.

If at first you dont succeed, Dick Stab the guy that does,,,,

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:24 am 

Elder, let's be honest. Park size does make a difference. And the current issue with unique sign ins is that the current ORK doesn't make it as easy to track as number of players who show up. But I will try 1 more time to show why I like the current system.

If I have 50 people who play at my park and are active, but due to real life they can only show up twice a month on average, by my calculation, we are a duchy. By the proposed change, we are a Barony. The officers still have to deal with 50 members, and visitors, and tracking awards needed, and creating games, etc. But the level is different.

Now if the players of the park go to MR, or Coronation, or WBW, or any other event, the park average drops. If we visit your park, our average drops. So players who are working on getting new players and trying to get from shire to Barony, or Barony to Duchy, have ZERO motivation to travel to other park that meet on the same day. Under the current system, we can encourage players to visit other parks, go to events, travel to Clan, etc. without having to worry about our numbers dropping and losing our status.

Lastly, how does the current system NOT work and need a change? What park has a status but the numbers are so far off that it is misleading? I put it back to those who want the change, why? what about the current system is broken?

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:14 pm 

The change I would like to see is to include non-residents in the park totals. Unique sign in per month is fine, just drop the resident requirement. Because players choose which park they wish to keep their residency in, even if they play the all / themajority of their time at another park, their attendance never counts toward the park they actually play at. I have several players that show up every week to play at KP but because they choose to retain their records at MWG or ES for whatever personal reasons, they aren't counted.

Kel

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:37 am 

I think it's sad that #9 seems so controversial.

Here are the actual numbers from the Barony that I attend.

9 of the 17 weeks, just looking at April through July, had under 12 people, total, including visitors. I would include March and February, but our previous PM ran off with all the records.

By the current system, Eagleshire is a Barony. I think that spreadsheet makes it pretty clear how pathetic this method of calculating park size is.

Perhaps I am wrong and my expectations are just too high. Are we taking the game in the wrong direction with this idea? Should we make it even easier to get to Barony or Duchy because it might hurt peoples feeling to hold high standards? How about 20 unique signatures (including visitors or not) over 6 months? or how about per year?

I've heard people say that having high standards for park size will cause people to get burned out from having to work so hard to get to Duchy. Is that because the number is too high or because people were coming out for the wrong reason?

Is it such a rough idea that people should come out to Amtgard because they enjoy the game? Not because they want to become Knights, not because of the awards, not to make their park get that next classification, but simply come out because the game is more enjoyable that whatever else they might go and do on their park day.

Just to reiterate for you (or if you didn't bother with the link above); voting "No" on #9 is equivalent to saying that these are great numbers for a Barony to have:
    April 0 9 11 16
    May 11 11 21 17
    June 5 7 14 5 10
    July 18 48 19 11

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:25 pm 

Is the PM tracking 20+ players for voting and credits? Is the park Monarchy keeping up with 20+ people for awards and award recommendations? If so, then I have no issue with the weekly numbers because the park is a Barony. If we are not dealing with 20+ players, then they should be a shire.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:17 pm 

I have to agree with Forest's points. The current system did and does work.

Even better than the old method of percentages of visitors from other parks AND percentages of players between 8yrs-13 yrs added in....which was the system EH used before the major EH Corpora changes. That system was a total failure cause basically few to none of the park PM's bothered to figure it out.

Yes there are parks that do care about numbers per month...for example: they comprise Dreadmoor and the ongoing work to stay at Principality status; pre becoming a Kingdom.

So my question can be answered by the EHPM ....Do visiting Amtgard players credits, for any given weekend or event, count towards their home park's numbers? IF they do then going "visiting" does not affect a particular park's numbers weekly/monthly.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:20 pm 

ES currently has 28 people who have played enough to be on the voters list for the PM election/all thing vote. However, the average attendance over the last 6 months is 15... about half of that is under 12 (if you look at the pretty graph on the ork you can tell which day was the kingdom visit/ bumble bee's quest). Currently visitors don't count towards your park size, only 13 of my active members are active because of attendance at their home park, which means that 15 of them are being taken care of by some other park PM on a weekly basis and not couting towards their park size. Personally, i think if your park is doing something cool enough that people are wanting to give up their own park day or go on their non-normal park day they should count for something.

Saying yes to #9 would make the chart on the ORK actually useful for the KPM and monarch when they're going through to look at the parks to determine if the park size needs to change up or down.

originally i was in favor of changing to what we have now (still wanted visitors to count, but liked it well enough anyways) however, what we have now people feel they don't need to come out more than once a month because that's all it takes to keep the park size up. So park monarchy started running something big every month to make sure people show up on the same day (maybe if they all come on the same day they'll remember how much fun it is to see everyone and come back more often) Unfortunately this means that when we do get newbies to start that day (whether we specifically invite them out or they happen to notice us that weekend) it gives them a false expectation. The next week when the new people come back out all of the people that had come out of the woodworks are now back to what ever they've chosen to do that's not park day... it's a lot harder to fold them in to the game and keep them coming when there's not as many people. Biggest complaint i've heard is from people who are traveling. They end up in the DFW area and there's several parks that they can choose from they show up to what they think is a barony and they find shire numbers...

as far as the numbers dropping for events, over the 6 months it's a wash unless you're right on the edge. as far as kingdom visits, with the visitors counting it will even out if we actually go visit each other and support what the kingdom monarchy is doing.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:21 pm 

Here's an issue with current attendance requirements the way I understand it... those who claim a dead park (IE Tanglewood - if anyone still does) or Kingdom do not currently help any parks attendance

"Until we stop viewing making a knight into a non-knight a fate worse than death we'll never be able to clean up knighthood." - Glen

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:30 pm 

That is correct.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Old Althing Results