Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Old Althing Results

Post subject: Althing Proposal
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:44 pm 

For the Althing on Dec 3rd-4th I propose to vote on the quals change proposal.

For 2017, this will be in addition to the current quals (i.e. you can qualify via the old system OR using the new system), then for 2018 this will replace section VIII, subsection A. Crown Qualification Tournament (AKA Crown Quals). At the end of 2018, if there are concerns, there can be another althing to look at revising this or returning to the old system.

A. Crown Qualifications (Hydra):

.....1. Only Residents of The Emerald Hills may earn a Hydra.

.....2. All Hydra requirements must be completed during the same reign (i.e. If a player started
.........the process at June Coronation or after, they must complete all requirements before or
.........during December Coronation).

.....3. A player must complete the following to earn a Hydra

..........i. Reeve a Kingdom level fighting tournament or Battlegame. (If the candidate chooses, or the
.............event organizer has already selected their reeves, they may shadow one of the reeves. They
.............would be required to stand with a reeve, assist as needed, and otherwise participate for
.............the same time as the reeve, but they would not make calls on any of the fighters.)

..........ii. Judge a Kingdom level A&S tournament or Workshop. (If the candidate chooses, or the event
.............organizer has already selected their judges, they may shadow the judges. They would be
.............required to sit with the judges, participate in the judging process for the same time as the
.............judges, and discuss entries with and provide scores for entered items. These scores will
.............not count towards the entrants final scores.)

..........iii. Autocrat or sub-crat (Feast, gate, etc.) a Kingdom level event. (If the candidate
.............chooses, or the Autocrat has already selected the event team, they may co-crat the event
.............or a sub-area of the event as determined by the autocrat. They must work directly with
.............their co-crat and fulfill all the duties expected of their position.

.....4. All qualifications listed in section 3 must be signed off on by one of the other players of the
.........same position (i.e. another reeve, judge, or co-crat).

..........i. In the case of a dispute, the person running the tournament/event (Champion, Regent,
.............Event-Autocrat, etc.) will determine if the candidate fulfilled their obligations.

..........ii. If there is still a dispute, the final decision will rest with the Kingdom Monarch.

.....5. Any qualification listed in section 3 that cannot be completed at the Kingdom level, may
........instead be done at three park level events. (i.e. Help reeve three park level fighting
........tournaments, etc.) Only one of these may be counted from the player’s home park.

.....6. It is the responsibility of the officers / players in charge of an event (tournament,
........battlegame, A&S, etc.) to make sure that those seeking to use that event as part of their
........qualifications are given the opportunity to do so if space is available. If a scheduled event is
........cancelled, an alternative offer needs to be made (i.e. If a tournament at Coronation is
........cancelled, then the person who was going to reeve as part of qualifying should be offered a
........chance to reeve another tournament or battlegame at that event if possible.)

.....7. Once these qualifications are complete, a Hydra is valid for the next 2 consecutive election
........cycles. (i.e. If a player earns a Hydra by the end of the Dec – June reign, they will be able
........to run for office during the December elections of that year, or the June elections of the
........following year without the need to re-earn a Hydra.)

..........i. If the player finishes the qualifications prior to the start of the current election cycle,
.............they may also run for office during that election cycle. (i.e. During the Dec – June
.............reign, if a player finishes the qualifications for a Hydra at least 4 weeks prior to voting,
.............they may run for office for the June elections, and are still able to run in the next 2
.............election cycles)

.....8. Park level Hydras are earned by completing the same requirements at your home park,
.........or a park of the same level or higher. (i.e. A person wanting to run for office at a barony,
.........could complete the requirements at the barony level or higher.)

B. Crown Qualifications (Running for Office):

.....1. Only Dues Paid Members may run for office.

.....2. If a player wishes to run for office they must

..........i. Declare for office at least 4 weeks prior to voting.

..........ii. Have earned a Hydra that is still current.

..........iii. Pass a current Reeves and Corpora test with a score of at least 70%.

.............1. Tests must be available at least 4 weeks prior to voting.

.............2. Tests must be passed at least 2 weeks prior to voting.

.................iv. Answer the current Statecraft Questions.

.................... 1. Statecraft questions will be selected by the highest officer not running for
.......................re-election from those submitted by the populace.

........................a. Questions should be relevant to the offices.

........................b. Different offices may have different questions.

........................c. Each candidate for a give office will answer the same questions.

....................2. No more than 3 questions may be selected.

....................3. Questions must be posted 4 weeks prior to voting

....................4. Candidates must submit answers at least 2 weeks prior to voting.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post subject: Re: Althing Proposal
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:01 pm 

I would also like to add to the GMR section (Section V, Part F):

2. Must qualify at crown quals

Change subsequent numbers to reflect this change.

Since the GMR is a high officer, and runs the PM election, assists with all Kingdom level tournaments, can ban someone with agreement of the Monarch, etc. I think they should qualify as all other high officers.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:07 am 

Is it going to change the process of PM elections? Since the PM over sees the office quals, how will they keep track of new qualification standards?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:07 pm 

Let's go ahead and add this to the upcoming althing. I like the proposal and I think it would do the kingdom some good in the long run.

=King Moose

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:14 pm 

It should have no effect on PM elections.

As for tracking things, we will need to create a list on the Forums and the PM will simply update it as people finish the requirements. Much like we track who is reeves qualified or who is level tested, etc. It will be a bit more than what we currently do, but it isn't overly complicated.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:39 am 

Question: would park tournaments/battle games/a&s competitions held at kingdom visits qualify as kingdom level for the purposes of qualifying?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:13 pm 

If the park is running something during a Kingdom Visit, it is still a park level competition. So it would not count as a qualification for Kingdom level office. As of now, Dragon Master / Weapon Master, and War Master / Kingdom A&S at Coronation are the two Kingdom Level competitions that someone could use to qualify at the Kingdom level (and Battlegames run at MR and Coronation)

Part of the process for those running for Kingdom office is to see that they are willing to, and have the ability to travel.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:15 pm 

amethyst_panther wrote:
Monarch - Bjorn Banhammer 97 Votes, Smiley Cervantes 64 Votes, Congratulations Bjorn
Regent - Dailyn
Champion - Flint
GMR - Reginald D. C.
GMoK - Forest 9 Votes, Wolvie 8 Votes, Congratulations Forest
Bod Positions - Wolvie 52 Votes, Tigger 133 Votes, Elder 102 Votes, Congratulations Tigger and Elder
GM of Barbarians - Brocktree

Althing Item 1 - Qualifications change, Yes 123, No 30 Passed
Althing Item 2 - GMR qualification requirement change, Yes 94, No 60 Passed

I would like to give a huge thank you to all of the park PM's for working so hard to get the votes and to everyone who voted.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Old Althing Results