Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:10 am 

The PM election is coming up in 2 weeks (just under). I am now accepting declarations in this thread or via e-mail. (This will be cross posted to the EH lists when I get home)

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:23 pm 

I, Lady Crimson, do hereby declare my intent to run for Kingdom
Prime Minister of the Emerald Hills. I have been the park pm of MWG
both as pro-tem and officially since April of 2007. I have also helped
King's Point to get on the ORK and have helped update their records.
I'm not one to wait a month or more to update my records I stay on top
of things on a weekly basis. I believe I am more than qualified in
doing the job as prime minister because I care about getting folks
their credits and awards on the ORK and as accurate as they should be.
Thank you.
Lady Crimson

Mom to most of the Mourningwood Glenn Goblin Horde
Ilharess Qu'ellar Renor Cryso
Mistress of Garb aka Master Garber (I am a proud Artisan)

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:52 pm 

I, Squire Lady Trianna Allensworth, hereby declare my intentions for Prime Minister of the Emerald Hills.

After spending 3 months as an apprentice and 6 months in office I have enjoyed being EHPM and I have learned so much from the position. During the next reign I plan on traveling more now that I live in the area and look forward to working on projects in progress such as a PM manual and working to clarify the coordination of Amtcard and classic sign-in procedures.

Thank you for allowing me to be Prime Minister of the Emerald hills thus far, it has been an honor. I feel that the kingdom will benefit from my experience and knowledge of this position.

Sincerely,
Squire Lady Trianna Allensworth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:49 am 

Are the PM elections this weekend, the 23-24?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:35 pm 

Yes they are. Mourningwood Glen on Saturday and Eagleshire on Sunday.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:04 pm 

Trianna, will you be putting in Credits from Coronation anytime soon?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:56 pm 

Yes, I just received them this past Saturday. As a favor to me our treasurer was kind enough to grab everything from gate and they were misplaced.

FYI: They have been entered.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:26 am 

Trianna, they are still not showing up on the ORK. I checked at least 20 people's entries that I KNOW were at coronation and they don't show up on any of them.

Also, is there a Dues Paid/ Voter Eligibility list posted for this weekend?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:09 am 

According to the admin section of O.R.K, "Rewth broke shit" and had to restore from the back up. Which means I have to re-enter all of the event credits from both Coronation, Clan and the visitor credits from the past weekend. This will take some time and I will start on it this evening. I will make sure that the dues paid list and the voting eligibility is posted asap. You can go to the kingdom website under the PM section and see when your dues expire, but also remember you can pay your dues the day of the election.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:27 am 

Btw, which means if the park pms entered anything from Friday through Monday at 11pm they too will have to re-enter the information. :o

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:14 am 

Thanks.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:02 pm 

I have come to question the credibility and the ability of Crimson Witch to do the job of PM. She stated; "I have been the park pm of MWG both as pro-tem and officially since April of 2007" During this term, didn’t MWG almost lose their contract due to records tampering, false credit reporting and the locking out of the Kingdom PM from the MWG section of the ORK? They are still on probation for the above violations.

She also states; “I have also helped King's Point to get on the ORK and have helped update their records.” During this period of assistance didn’t KP almost lose their contract as well? I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

Additionally she stated; “I'm not one to wait a month or more to update my records I stay on top of things on a weekly basis.” And ” I believe I am more than qualified in doing the job as prime minister because I care about getting folks their credits and awards on the ORK and as accurate as they should be.” Accurate is the key phrase here. How do small children get credits and have the right to vote? What was the youngest person that “voted” for her? How was the child related to her?

I don’t feel comfortable with someone who has been, in my view, shady when it comes to the most important position in the game. We need someone who has been reliable and honest in their dealings with our records and more importantly the trust of populace in general. So I will restate my reasons against her.

1. She tried to fix an election.
2. She attempted to falsify Kingdom records.
3. She almost cost TWO parks their contract with the Kingdom.

As they say in baseball three strikes and you’re out!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:05 pm 

Wow, Krylis you are wrong on so many levels...pm and i'll tell you why.
That goes for anyone else who believes his tripe.

I feel you should apologize for starting a mudslinging campaign against a candidate. Your post was intended to inflame and should be removed to the smak talk forum as any post will start a flame war.

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:29 pm 

I have no need to private message; say what you have to say for everyone to see it. If it was wrong, tell us all why is was wrong and make your points clear and concise. I haven’t the need or desire to play the whisper game. If I wanted to start a flame war, I would start one. I have stated my opinion on the matter. If you don’t like it, then I’m sorry you feel that way. If it gets moved to the smack talk section, I will just post it again here. I don’t need you or any other censor telling me what my opinion can or cannot be. Trust me when I tell you that wasn’t mud, if you want I can start slinging mud. As far as it being tripe, that sounds more like you want to start a flame war. If you want a war then bring it and I hope you brought some tissues.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:11 pm 

Krylis";p="7930 wrote:
I have no need to private message; say what you have to say for everyone to see it. If it was wrong, tell us all why is was wrong and make your points clear and concise.

Fair enough. To accomplish this Kenta realized he needed to get someone not as close to the matter (ie. not married to Crimson) to discuss this. So I was called to answer.

There are those who don't know her well, and probably have heard the issues that you brought up. So let's talk about those for a few minutes. You said you have come here not to flame but to bring up concerns, so I'll answer those concerns.

For those that do know Crimson she has the confidence of Mourningwood Glen and many at King's Point for her work, and some have even joined Mourningwood Glen to have their records kept under Crimson's care.

Krylis";p="7927 wrote:
She stated; "I have been the park pm of MWG both as pro-tem and officially since April of 2007" During this term, didn’t MWG almost lose their contract due to records tampering, false credit reporting and the locking out of the Kingdom PM from the MWG section of the ORK? They are still on probation for the above violations.

The probation was for three months time from the time of the 20th anniversary birthday bash, (that was decided in a monarchy meeting at that event), reduced from the six months that were originally announced. The probation is served and complete. In that meeting it was realized that communication between the park and kingdom had been lacking. Both sides apologized to each other in that meeting as they realized they both could improve the communication between the park and kingdom.

Crimson reported the credits as the monarchy of Mourningwood Glen understood what was said, and as best they could determine during that lacking time of communication.

Krylis";p="7927 wrote:
She also states; “I have also helped King's Point to get on the ORK and have helped update their records.” During this period of assistance didn’t KP almost lose their contract as well?

King's Point is a whole other book. Crimson has offered & has helped them at least as far as I know in the last part of last year and time and again in this year. If you'll look back in old messages, our kingdom PM the Monday after the Althing voting weekend mentions that she had issues with how the monarchy of KP on how they were keeping their records . The current kingdom PM or the monarchy of KP (then) are not the discussion here, but just showing that Crimson was not to blame for the problems that KP faced recently. She is one of a few who have been trying to help them get onboard and approved at the kingdom level.

Krylis";p="7927 wrote:
Additionally she stated; “I'm not one to wait a month or more to update my records I stay on top of things on a weekly basis.” And ” I believe I am more than qualified in doing the job as prime minister because I care about getting folks their credits and awards on the ORK and as accurate as they should be.”

To give an example on the speed and accuracy of Crimson as our park PM:
Knight's meetings have some strict requirements to vote, and they pull the ORK records just before that weekend, and if the information is not there when the GM of knights jotted down the information, too bad! (At least this is how it was done in time's past) I have to say, my information was fine, and if I didn't have the attendance credits, it was because I was not physically there at the park to have an attendance recorded, not because our park PM (Crimson) dropped the ball.

So I have not had any worries. I can say there have been knights that I know should have been able to vote that did not get their records updated in time (they were obviously under a different PM either park or kingdom, not sure), and that made it where they couldn't vote. So I was thankful to have Crimson as my PM considering that. :)

Krylis";p="7927 wrote:
Accurate is the key phrase here. How do small children get credits and have the right to vote? What was the youngest person that “voted” for her? How was the child related to her?

Based on the people we have at Mourningwood Glen, we have multiple children, some are related to her, some aren't. At the time of the last PM elections, there was not any restriction on who could vote (that wasn't decided till later at the Althing), so anyone signing in as color and dues paid could vote. As for the youngest age of the person voting at the park, based on the youngest that would have voted, I believe that age might have been nine? It has been said that Crimson's three year old girl voted, or even their two year old boy voted but that did not happen.

Restating My Thoughts on Crimson

I've addressed the concerns of what some of you may have heard about Crimson.

Like I said before, those who have worked with Crimson as their record keeper have no complaints. And like I've said before, some have switched their records to Mourningwood Glen knowing that she was on the ball with the record keeping. There hasn't been a time that I've had to go to her and say "Where are my credits from two weeks ago?" or "My latest award, you going to get it in there soon?" I look and it's there.

My only complaint as the current sheriff of Mourningwood Glen is that I'll be loosing a trusted member of my park staff should she win, but I think the rest of you will be better for having her take care of your records like she has for us.

And really no matter who you are or where you play, I believe she will work for you as with the vigor and fairness we have seen in the reign(s) we have seen her work at the park. Give her a chance at this and I know you'll be glad you did. :)

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard