Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: Re: Confederacy Addendum
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:20 pm 

Read my above post ...it is something to be voted on and included in an Althing for inclusion in the process of becoming a confederacy. I only raised this issue because you posted that it basically was a done deal. I disagree and have given very valid points for it.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:11 pm 

V. E. 1. Any decision agreed upon by the Monarch and Prime Minister is law until the
next Althing. (A duration of one to seven weeks).

I do not see this as an attack (nor is it) on Dreadmoor by myself or TigerHawke. In fact it is just the opposite, this addendum needs to be ratified per the corpora to be done legally. How can any EH confederacy, be it Dreadmoor or a future confed, stand before the CoM if things are not done correctly. By having this included in an althing it only validates their(meaning Dreadmoor's) claim to be a confed under EH.

Thanks Connonr for the confed clarification but I didn't see anything about the addendum in that post....maybe I missed it but I didn't see it.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:41 pm 

It's Faunna's statement. Her goal was an outline. Not only was the outline corrected, but also a form of contract was created so that parks remained part of Emerald Hills but still had the title of Confederacy.

The Addendum is that form of contract.

Am I getting this right?

You want the actual Addendum voted on in how it is written?

By the way, Eniad's post is an attack on Dreadmoor. I know TigerHawke is anal retentive about having all I's dotted and T's crossed. But as for Eniad, it was an Attack on Dreadmoor.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:46 pm 

There is no need for this to go into the corpora. It is merely a document created by the BOD to have parks indicate if that are going to be part of a confederacy that plans to eventually petition for Kingdom status. But even by doing so, those parks are, until they become a Kingdom, part of the EH. This document is merely a formality and is fairly unecessary other than as paperwork to clarify what parks are intending to (eventually) split off.

Not sure why anyone is making a big deal out of this or even trying to make it an althing item.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:30 pm 

Elder, your original response quoting my question:

Elder Vermilion wrote:
You misinterpret this document as something that was produced without an Althing...

made it feel pretty direct. Thanks for clearing that up.

Relieved,
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:19 am 

Forest Evergreen wrote:
There is no need for this to go into the corpora. It is merely a document created by the BOD to have parks indicate if that are going to be part of a confederacy that plans to eventually petition for Kingdom status. But even by doing so, those parks are, until they become a Kingdom, part of the EH. This document is merely a formality and is fairly unecessary other than as paperwork to clarify what parks are intending to (eventually) split off.

Not sure why anyone is making a big deal out of this or even trying to make it an althing item.

Forest, I'm a bit torn about this matter myself. Revisit the Zero Tolerance Policy that didn't go into the corpora and is a stand alone document. We had an althing. Granted it still stands as a pretty important document, but none the less it went to vote.

On the other hand - almost within the same year, we (the current BOD at the time) approved the Fundraising document that never saw the light of day of an Althing vote. I myself was one of the 5-0 votes who approved it. At the time, we thought it wasn't such a big deal to be voted on, but it turned out to hurt the kingdom on how it had always done fundraisers, caused heated debates and pretty much froze any fundraising activity at the public (meaning, not underground) venue IMHO.

Heck, I even mused the thought of having to produce a food license for the pie in the face event. <--Joke.

I don't think updating petitioning park contracts has seen althing voting, but when's the last time the EH as a sponsoring kingdom actually had official documents dealing with confederacy parks? Did the EH have these documents in place for Golden Plains or Rising Winds? Did the EH even need them then?

So why now? If we need to clarify these items now, then I can understand anyones desire to stay in the loop either via info or voting. And no, I'm not accusing anyone or circle of not having properly published BOD meeting notes or Althing results. They're out there. I know this. Sadly, some info is spread across two boards instead of this one. We've been trying pretty hard to get eveyone on this board right? Why not now with such important details going down in the kingdoms history?

I personally think some of us feel that this document is important enough to go to althing because of it's significance. I swear that not everyone in these neck of the woods is against DM. A lot of us are just passionate about the kingdom and the unity it's supposed to represent. And yeah, with family, sh!t will hit the fan here and there. I just want to stay up to date with it ensure everything is being done properly to ensure that when it's go time with the CoM, they will fail to find any reason to not give DM kingdom status.

[Insert: Dreadmoor Victor rant here]

So, the original proposal went to an althing, but is this final document the same thing voted upon back in 09, or has it evolved? Cause it sounds and reads like it may have.

Just looking for a straight answer is all.

Thanks,
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:33 am 

Connor Sleight wrote:
Item Two: Pass/Fail

Confederate subgroup guidelines:...

Connor, I think the topic in question isn't the Confederacy guidelines already approved via Althing and added to the corpora; but the finalized document that is the Confederacy Addendum made to the contracting parks documents.

It's the first time I've seen this document. Again, prolly cause I'm doing a poor job of staying up to date.

Maybe?
S

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:40 am 

The only place that anyone in EH can view the Adendum is at the Dreadmoor Yuku board. It is not posted at the EH (yahoo) Announcement site ( just the BOD minutes there)

Yes! It mainly pertains to those that wish to form a Confederacy, but it should of been posted here in full as well. It is a public EH document.

So why don't we create a BOD area on this forum for info, so that ppl that are not in the know, or don't want to go to extra sites, can find this info easily?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:05 pm 

Addendum to Park Agreement/Contract
This Agreement Addendum is entered into on this day of _______________, 20___; between Amtgard: Kingdom of the Emerald Hills, Inc. and “____________”(Grantee).”Under Specific terms contained herein, Amtgard: Kingdom of the Emerald Hills, Inc. agrees to allow grantee to join
___________________ a confederation created pursuant to Section IV Subsection D of the Emerald Hills, inc. Corpora. The Center of said confederation will be ________________ and the signer hereby swears that said confederacy has a center at least 150 miles from Duncanville, Texas.

This addendum does not change any other portion of the agreement/contract currently in force for the park requesting this addendum and members of the confederation have all of the rights,
privileges and responsibilities of any other subgroup of The Kingdom of the Emerald Hills. Termination of agreement/contract also constitutes termination of this addendum though termination of this addendum does not constitute termination of the agreement/contract as a whole. The addendum may be terminated by either party by giving 30(thirty) days written notice.

Responsible Parties

Signatures recorded below are for individuals who warrant that they are officers of Emerald Hills and the chapter petitioning for this addendum. This addendum is binding on the groups represented by the individuals and shall remain in effect regardless of changes of officers or group membership.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:31 pm 

Connor Sleight wrote:
By the way, Eniad's post is an attack on Dreadmoor. I know TigerHawke is anal retentive about having all I's dotted and T's crossed. But as for Eniad, it was an Attack on Dreadmoor.

You know Connor I have sent you a few PM's on this issue. And did not think you to be a damned fool to post that I am attacking Dreadmoor.. Not once in my post did I mention Dreadmoor. In fact I mentioned my own park and a couple of other prominent parks here in the south for the pure purpose of not pointing fingers at Dreadmoor. I think Dreadmoor should be formed in the future. But I do not think that this Confederacy business is necessary just like Forest had mentioned earlier. If you want to plan on forming a kingdom then do it. But do it under the flag that you pledged a loyalty to. Or if not be a freehold there is nothing wrong with that either. I really could care less with what Dreadmoor does on its own as long as it doesnt affect the EH Negatively. I feel that this confederacy is a slap in the face to the EH. A "you are not good enough to be a part of so we are going to do our own thing and still reap the benefits of being under your care." Why should the Dreadmoor people get the opportunity to gather all of your populaces to become a Duchy or even a principality. Hand out awards that you have no experience handing out (ie lvl 7-9 i think), titles that may or may not have been earned and other shennanigans that could later reflect on the EH as a whole. No sir I do not like it. Again what would happen if you guys decided to make a confederacy (which you are that is not a secret) and then ES/KP decide they want to be a confederacy. Its just ridiculous. I am glad that you are all about helping Dreadmoor get up and running but why don't you guys run for kingdom offices and truly learn what it takes to be in a Kingdom Position and then take that experience with you into the future formation. I want to see Dreadmoor succeed not fail like a few other kingdoms (or at least one that I know of). And please do not ever accuse me on the forums like that again. If you have questions about my motives and my posts PM me. I have no problems speaking my mind and how I feel about a situation I will not hide behind a monitor. So Again I say you are either a member of the EH or not period.

In Service,

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:07 pm 

" I know TigerHawke is anal retentive about having all I's dotted and T's crossed."

Well thanks a lot Connor. How in the heck do you ever think you are going to stand in front of the CoM without dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's? It's the stupidest thing to say ...because whether you want to believe it or not I have hoped that someone there would be smart enough to GET that. Of course if you fail or it takes you guys longer to get there, then it will be the same old same old .....Red Storm's fault. STOP it! We don't care what you do, we don't create rumors and we are sick of it. I have a park full of young players that don't even KNOW about Dreadmoor, they know about Amtgard and having fun. If you can't respect the fact that we voted to not join the Confederacy movement and remain EH then go back to your sandbox and keep your mouth shut.

love and kiss my a@@

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:21 pm 

EniadNorreh wrote:
But I do not think that this Confederacy business is necessary just like Forest had mentioned earlier. If you want to plan on forming a kingdom then do it. But do it under the flag that you pledged a loyalty to.

Woah, back the train up a sec. In my short response I may have been unclear on my whole message. I think it is VERY important that the parks that want to form the Dreadmoor Confederacy are known and that they start working together now to show a history of solidarity. I think that they need to start as early as they can learning to self govern and function as a cohesive group.

I do not see that in any way detracting from them being active and contributing parks of the Emerald Hills. Golden Plains became a Kingdom and we welcomed them to being our equals. Rising Winds was a confederacy and we welcomed them as being equals. I am confused as to what the problem is with Dreadmoor doing the same thing. They are farther away from us than the borders of CK. They will eventually need to become their own Kingdom to be able to fully and appropriately recognize their members contributions.

So why all this venom? Who care who is in the Dreadmoor Confederacy and who isn't? We are ALL part of the Emerald Hills and we should all be working together to make all of our parks better. Each of you that are attacking people....why? What is gained? How are you helping the parks, the Kingdom, or yourself?

Do you think new players will read this and be attracted to a game where people spew hate if they have different ideas? I don't. But the choice on how to treat each other is up to you.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:14 pm 

I can agree with your post Forest. I am only trying to help. I have no problems with the addendum, and I have read it. I just wanted to make sure all was ok with the rules of the corpora. If so then lets move on, if it needs a vote then will one month really kill the Dreadmoor movement? No it wont.
Alby joined the BoD to learn their job and role within a kingdom, and I applaud him for taking that step. I have tried to give advice to Alby and kinda pushed for them to get this addendum in motion. Now its here. Vote/No vote doesn't really matter to me . Dreadmoor does need this addendum and its not a bad thing.
My only concern was whether or not this would interfere with anything related to a future CoM ruling. I don't want to see ANY group that goes through the trouble of doing a massive undertaking such as a confed be denied due to something so small.
That being said I'll go away so personal (or park) attacks can ensue.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:58 pm 

You know why this all started? Because a lurker on the DM board saw that Elder posted the Addendum there. Out of courtesy, he posted it there. Not through some back alley deal, but out of courtesy. No other park had mentioned it wanted to form a Confederacy. Everyone knew that Dreadmoor was aiming for it. So why blow this out of proportion?

Eniad, TigerHawke. I'll PM you my replies.

Name calling and "kiss my ass", really?

Sutra would be so proud of you guys. You're posting just like Sanyo.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:22 am 

I'm not really anything all that important with this process, but after reading all this I realized that I do have a few comments. All pretty good I think heh ^^; I'd actually like to thank ya'll for the information on all this. I'll be the first to admit all this legal talk blows my mind, believe me. I'm glad to see all the concern for Dreadmoor's confederacy even if some of it doesn't always seem supportive, which I can see is mainly just concern. Connor is just trying to defend something that he's been really involved in since the begining so he's super protective which is part of why we love him. tigerhawke and ghosttiger are just wanting to make sure its all in line so Dreadmoor doesn't fail. Eniad I do apologize, because I may be taking this the wrong way, but it actually made me wince a bit to see your first post. We do try to feel apart of the Emerald Hills, but with the distance its really hard. I know me and Logan D'nal usually don't have the money to be able to make it all the way to most of the events or gatherings. A prime example of what we go through is like when children graduate and go to college many miles away from their parents. Emerald Hills are our parents and we try to show it with (not restricted to, but including) the Dreadmoor device. I want to tell everyone in Emerald Hills wether or not they show support thank you... thank you for this oppurtunity and I truely hope that some day we can repay you.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard