Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: Confederacy Addendum
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:43 am 

Since the BOD approved the Addendum part of the process as a step to Confederacy, I'd like to see reference to an Addendum added in at the bottom of the Confederacy Guidelines in the EH Corpora to keep it currant and so everyone knows the correct process.

Post subject: Re: Adendum
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:07 pm 

Err? Where's the initial draft? Was it posted for public viewing? Wouldn't this be something that should have been on a all-thingy ballot?

Confused?
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:17 pm 

posted in full on the Dreadmoor boards by Elder ...I have not searched on further EH sites, but saw that it passed BOD minutes at the latest meeting. Yes it should be made public imo.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:18 pm 

here's the link:
http://www.amtgard-eh.com...Confederacy_Addendum.pdf

Post subject: Re: Addendum
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:55 pm 

I parsed your suggestion as best I could and posted it in the "Upcoming Althing Items" thread.

Post subject: Re: Confederacy Addendum
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:04 pm 

Thank you

Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:46 pm 

This contract addendum? Is it something that should go to an althing vote? Elder, when you say approved - are you saying it's a draft that's been approved for voting or that it's been approved approved and is official? Trying to get my ducks in a row. What exactly is this?

What?
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:14 pm 

This addendum is a means for each park, upon choosing to join or create such a confederacy, the vehicle to do so. As such, the addendum was something required by the addition of Section 4 subsection D in the corpora last November. It has taken around 9 months to come up with the specific wording so that it would not change the park contract beyond declaring the wish to join such a subgroup.

In addition, I would like to say that I agree with Tigerhawke that this should be added to the Corpora to clear up any questions concerning the proper avenue to create such a confederacy. Thank you Elder for placing that suggestion on the floor and thanks to Tigerhawke for proposing its addition.

Just to make sure that it's out here:

Confederacy addendum

Lettusio-Rex, Dreadmoor Fey Jackalope
Member of the House of H.O.P.S.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:42 pm 

sutrasx wrote:
This contract addendum? Is it something that should go to an althing vote? Elder, when you say approved - are you saying it's a draft that's been approved for voting or that it's been approved approved and is official? Trying to get my ducks in a row. What exactly is this?

What?
S

It's approved approved.

Please do not misinterpret this document as something that was produced without an Althing, this document is the end result of months of discussion about how to enact the changes that were voted in during the November 23, 2009 Althing.

An Althing decides what the populace wants to achieve, then the high officers get together with the BOD and figure out HOW to achieve it. That is how and why this document was produced.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:25 pm 

Elder, your response manages to make me look like an instigating dumbass. Maybe just this once, I was actually confused and had no clue what was going on and wanted to get the cliff notes to bring me up to date. Thanks bro.

Impressive,
S

Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:37 pm 

In the Nov 2009 Althing vote, there was nothing in the Confederacy outline that even mentions this Adendum step. (I have both a copy of the actual Nov 2009 Althing vote and my current corpora) Yes it is the logical progression, and I have been reading the BOD posted minutes, and was aware that this next step was being discussed.
It however was NOT a part of what the populace voted on way back then. It should be voted on for inclusion in the EH corpora as I have asked for.
IMO to have a member of the BOD state that it is a done deal ..is in violation of the BOD setting precedence which via the corpora this body is NOT allowed to do. Decissions like this are a matter for the Althing, and the populace to vote on.

BOD part 4: the BOD has no power to change, alter, or otherwise affect the Rulebook or Corpora
5: the BOD has no status in the order of precedence and no jurisdiction over internal club functions.

Althings: 3a: Discussion and enactment of rule changes
3b: Revision and updating of the Corpora
3d: Discussion of the future of the Kingdom and it's priorities.

This support from EH to the EH parks that wish to form their own Kingdom IS a priority of the Kingdom. To add a step in (logical or not) goes to Althing ...hence my request for it to be included as such.
I further request that nothing further be done in regards to accepting any signed adendum until this is voted on. I do not see a problem with a vote, however it should be done in the open and in the right manner by the populace.

Sutra you are not a dumb ass, nor starting anything .... I too do not like to see what imo smacks of back room deals and having it sprung on the rest of us.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:32 pm 

I make a motion that we just trash the whole thing. You are either in the EH or not. I see no reason for it. (I couldn't vote against it last November) Parks getting together in a "confederacy" under the protection of the EH so that we can be a principality/duchy/barony/shire and do their own awards/titles without putting anything back into the Kingdom is ludacris. And lets face it parks that become their own entity will not be as committed to the kingdom. Imagine if ES/KP & MWG/AP made a confederacy... Where is the EH now? No sir I say bleed blue, green, and gold (+ company/park colors) or just Freehold it and be done with it. I do not want Kingdom resources wasted on anything other than kingdom business and confederacies are not kingdom business. Why would allow yourself to divide your own kingdom?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:04 pm 

yet it was voted on last Nov to include the Confederacy Guidelines. All future steps in the process should be included in the copora to not only protect the Kingdom, but the groups that want to break away from EH in the future. Let's face it...Oklahoma is a wide open territory that is way more than 150 miles from EH's center. Lot's of other Kingdoms have assisted other parks in forming a Confederacy/Principality. I have even proof read the corpora of one such Principality, since the writer is a friend.
Yet these parks that wish to be in the Confederacy ..are STILL members of EH. This means that like the rest of the EH parks they are under the SAME rules as the rest of us. This means that as per the corpora they send in quarterly records, which some have not since their becoming FULL members of our Kingdom. I wonder just how seriously they are going to be taken by the CoM if they get that far? I was there at the beginning of all of this, I know what was said as far as what any park had to do to even get a Confederacy, and I know it's gonna be a long haul to get there. How is it that we who believe in the Kingdom of EH can see separate rules being applied to some parks and not to all parks? makes you seriously wonder now doesn't it?
The Officers that WE voted in need to remember that we voted them in and that they serve US. We expect to play by rules, we have Reeve tests, we have GM's of classes, we have a corpora, we expect newbs to learn this stuff ...now where is the leadership?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:55 pm 

Item Two: Pass/Fail

Confederate subgroup guidelines:

Amternational culture and politics has come a long way since the birth of the Rising Winds and the fall of Tal-Dagore. While the “Floating Crown” model has been tested and accepted the birth of one has never been well documented that I’m aware of, much less standardized. If passed the following proposal would be inserted into the EH Corpora of Bylaws as a continuance of section IV Subgroup (Park) Guidelines. My goal is to offer an outline for dreamers like those banding together under the budding Dreadmoor banner to follow and as such this has been designed to mirror the established outline for the Static Kingdom model, as defined by Amtgard, Inc (the Burning Lands).

D. Confederate Subgroup Guidelines
1. Confederating Shires – A cooperative of at least three official EH subgroups with a desire to be self governing and:
a With a proposed center at least 150 miles from the Geographic Center of Duncanville, Texas
b Located in three separate cities within 75 miles of the proposed center point
2. Confederate Barony – A successfully contracted confederation of Shires that, as an entity, has met all the requirements of a regular barony and as such is allowed all Baronial level powers so long as it maintains at least two parks.
3. Confederate Duchy - A Confederate Barony that, as an entity, has met all the requirements of a regular Duchy and as such is allowed all Duchy level powers. To be promoted to this level the Confederacy of Parks shall also contain within the proposed exclusive territory at least two parks that include at least one barony.
4. Confederate Grand Duchy
a The Confederacy of Parks shall have reached an overall average attendance of sixty (60) players per weekend per month for twelve (12) months
b Shall have been a Confederacy for at least four years
c Shall have maintained within the proposed exclusive territory at least two parks including at least one barony
5. Confederate Principality
a The Confederacy of Parks shall have reached an overall average attendance of seventy-five (75) players per weekend per month for eighteen (18) months
b Shall have been a Confederacy for at least five years
c Shall contain within the proposed exclusive territory at least two parks and at least one duchy or two baronies
d Met all expectations of the Burning Lands Kingdom Contract including, but not limited to, existence of a consistent Duchy level of authority for at least two years
e Submitted, with the blessing of the EH, preliminary documentation and requested a presentation slot on the voting portion of the agenda CoM meaning they are merely waiting the required year for the next CoM meeting
f May give any non-excluded award up to level eight (8).
g Potential candidates need to enter a minimum of eight (8) entries per tournament in The Crown Qualifications as per kingdom Monarch

11/23/2009

RTDS people

Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:34 pm 

sutrasx wrote:
Elder, your response manages to make me look like an instigating dumbass.

This was not my intent. Just to be clear Sutra and I discussed this matter privately and he asked me to make a public post so that the populace could be informed. My post should be read as a public statement, not directed at Sutra personally.

TigerHawke wrote:
In the Nov 2009 Althing vote, there was nothing in the Confederacy outline that even mentions this Adendum step. (I have both a copy of the actual Nov 2009 Althing vote and my current corpora) Yes it is the logical progression, and I have been reading the BOD posted minutes, and was aware that this next step was being discussed.

I am confused, you state that it is the logical progression, you knew that it was being worked on for months, and you initial post didn't raise any issue with the legality of this, you were apparently just concerned with making sure "everyone knows the correct process." And in response to your initial post I personally wrote up an Althing item and submitted it for you. Why exactly are you objecting now?

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard