Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: Re: Confederacy Addendum
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:36 pm 

...Alby said dont get involved....musn't get involved...cant....get....inv.....*head explodes*

Of all the dumb shit to pick fights over! What some of you fail to realize is that we (the dreadmoor parks) have only one desire. That is to play the game we all love and enjoy doing it. Ya'll are pickin fights and throwin names around over nothing. I thought our goal here was to play Amtgard, not bicker over what this or that park is doing. It seems that some have allowed the politics that inherently get involved in these situations to cloud their reasons for why we all play this game in the first place. We do this to have fun! and this bickering and crap is making it NOT fun at all.

EH took its kingdomhood from Burning Lands. We could possibly do the same but we ARE a part of the Emerald Hills and want to grow thru our kingdom, not apart from it. I whole heartedly agree with Sir Forrest. We are growing and we need the experience a confederacy would allow to continue to do so in the right manner. Face it folks, you southlanders are just too far away. Most of our parks are made up of high school kids and college kids with a smattering of adults thrown in. With the exception of Five Banners we are all in rural (ie poor) communities and don't have the means to travel 5 or 6 hours for events, its just not economically possible for many of us. We are doing our damndest to come south for every event we can possibly make but for most of us that just isnt possible. We are also doing our level best to play by the rules OUR kingdom has established. We have had our problems...but we have corrected most of them, and the ones we havn't fixed yet are being worked on diligently.

None of us have EVER stated we didn't want to be associated with EH, but face it, we are growing and have the need to care for our members beyond shire level. If we can't do so, or if our members are forced to travel someplace 5 hours away to gain the recognition they have earned, then we ALL lose when those people become dismayed that their contributions are not being recognized and leave the game.

If some of you feel that a vote on the addendum should be open to the populace, then hold the next althing up here where the members that the vote will affect the most have the opportunity to participate. Again, financially, coming south for most of our voting members is not possible so holding the vote down there seems a bit unfair and could almost be seen as a way to exclude those of us who have a vested interest in this. We have been bustin our asses to grow in the correct manner so why are some so dead set against us? We are here to play a GAME! Dont forget that.

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:50 pm 

Docsi ,

The way an Althing vote is done is that all dues paid members can vote wherever they are. Althing ballots are sent out (via e-mail) by the EHPM to all the parks so no one has to travel.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:04 pm 

thank you, Ive been a paid member for almost a year now....have never received a ballot, must not have been any calls for votes.

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:09 pm 

Last EH wide Althing was Nov 23rd of 2009.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:48 pm 

Docsi wrote:
Of all the dumb shit to pick fights over! What some of you fail to realize is that we (the dreadmoor parks) have only one desire. That is to play the game we all love and enjoy doing it.

Hehe, welcome to the side of Amtgard not mentioned on the warm fuzzy promo flyers/videos. Arguing and bickering over every detail tends to be a part of things most amtgarders don't see. Ask your local BOD member, and they'll tell you some pretty wild stories about what goes on in the underworld where friendly battlegames and scrumptious feasts do not exist. I don't think anyone has missed the point about Dreadmoor's or any Amtgard parks number one desire is. Every park has their version of what fun is. Being it z-rated quests to rib-cracking ditching. This entire issue has been coated with assumptions, and I'm no saint when it comes to this.

Docsi wrote:
EH took its kingdomhood from Burning Lands. We could possibly do the same but we ARE a part of the Emerald Hills and want to grow thru our kingdom, not apart from it.

Docs, yeah - the EH declared its independence. That was before a CoM, before loopy measures were in place for the EH to have to jump through. I don't think DM or any confed/principality can do what the EH did twenty some off years ago and declare itself a kingdom. I'm sure Artus Pass can declare itself a Grand Duchy, but that wouldn't last long.

Docsi wrote:
If some of you feel that a vote on the addendum should be open to the populace, then hold the next althing up here where the members that the vote will affect the most have the opportunity to participate.

See, what I don't get is - if it's not such a big deal to not hold vote, by is it such a big deal to hold a vote? I know for a fact it would overwhelmingly pass. Elder posted the doc out of courtesy, but it wasn't until it was posted on DM that some of us even knew it existed. Sorta felt left out of the loop. It's an Amtgard EH document. It's not a southern/northern document. It's not a 5 Banner or Eagleshire doc, it's a kingdom doc that outlines how the kingdom will contract with a sponsored Confederacy. How is this not important for all of us to be kept up to date with?

I'm not saying the doc has gone through illicit channels! Should have been announced across a broader spectrum of communications we take for granted with a brief description of what it was and how it got here and why it wouldn't require an althing. This is not the first time a doc has touched off a firestorm, won't be last. With or without an ingredient list.

And yeah, an althing is kingdom wide where dues paid members get to sound off. It's not like the DM althings that call everyone to one central location. Not saying that's bad guys. If you haven't seen any ballots, talk to your PM. They're the ones who are in communique with the kingdom PM and receive the althing agenda and ballots to present to their park populace. No long driving hours required.

Docsi wrote:
We have been bustin our asses to grow in the correct manner so why are some so dead set against us? We are here to play a GAME! Dont forget that.

I think if those folks you speak of were so dead set against DM, they'd have motioned to vote the northern parks out of the EH. That right there is dead set against 'ya'll'. Again, I personally appreciate each and every single one of ya for sticking by and wanting to get everything in order to get to where ya'll deserve to get to - a kingdom to call your own.

-Bottom line, don't give up. Don't stop having fun. Do as much of what you can by the RoP/Corpora i.e. enforcing garb requirements, ensuring weapon legality, proper credit sign in and submission to the kingdom PM, and a slew of other details that makes this a well oiled machine. You guys are new blood with growing pains! That's awesome ya'll recognize that and even better that ya'll are striving to fix any hiccups that come along.

Keep it up Dreadmoor, you'll get there!
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:58 pm 

I have to agree with Docsi. This subject of all things is not one to bicker over. It’s not worth it. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion and the forums is a place to voice that opinion but in a friendly non aggressive manner. With that said I have posted the addendum in question here in this topic just a few posts back for all to see and read. If you have an objection to the wording or the document itself then please be specific in what you object to and what you would like to see changed about it. If you feel that the addendum should be sent to althing then state that (again in a non aggressive manner) and add it to the list of items for the upcoming althing.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:52 pm 

Forest Evergreen wrote:
EniadNorreh wrote:
But I do not think that this Confederacy business is necessary just like Forest had mentioned earlier. If you want to plan on forming a kingdom then do it. But do it under the flag that you pledged a loyalty to.

Woah, back the train up a sec. In my short response I may have been unclear on my whole message. I think it is VERY important that the parks that want to form the Dreadmoor Confederacy are known and that they start working together now to show a history of solidarity. I think that they need to start as early as they can learning to self govern and function as a cohesive group.

I do not see that in any way detracting from them being active and contributing parks of the Emerald Hills. Golden Plains became a Kingdom and we welcomed them to being our equals. Rising Winds was a confederacy and we welcomed them as being equals. I am confused as to what the problem is with Dreadmoor doing the same thing. They are farther away from us than the borders of CK. They will eventually need to become their own Kingdom to be able to fully and appropriately recognize their members contributions.

So why all this venom? Who care who is in the Dreadmoor Confederacy and who isn't? We are ALL part of the Emerald Hills and we should all be working together to make all of our parks better. Each of you that are attacking people....why? What is gained? How are you helping the parks, the Kingdom, or yourself?

Do you think new players will read this and be attracted to a game where people spew hate if they have different ideas? I don't. But the choice on how to treat each other is up to you.

Ok ... I am still in agreement. I did not take it as you saying you were against Dreadmoor Sir Forest and forgive me if that is what you took from it. I merely thought that I was agreeing with the fact that paperwork is not needed. I have said time and again Dreadmoor is needed for the future progression of Amtgard. It is hard enough to travel up there and for them to travel down here for kingdom events. I told Connor in a PM these guys have hairs to split. They need to help promote the EH to greatness while at the same time promoting themselves. Then they can stand before the CoM one day and say this is what we have accomplished.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:05 pm 

Yup, Eniad cleared up a lot. I now understand with more information.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:55 pm 

Connor Sleight wrote:
Yup, Eniad cleared up a lot. I now understand with more information.

big bird barney style ftw Connor? [smilie=icon_twisted.gif]

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:15 pm 

More like G.I. Joe.

"And Knowing Is Half The Battle! G.I. JOE!"

Post Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:51 am 

So it's unanimous - we ALL want DM to succeed and do it's thing as a kingdom when the time comes - and we all agree that it's best to have all i's and t's crossed and sweetened for it to go down without a hitch.

Par for the course,
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:55 am 

DEMOCRACY!

GM or Druids
PM of Riverstone
Captain of The Shadow Chorus
Member of House Singollo

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:48 am 

Reading these posts 5 years later, I am struck by how little the rhetoric has changed.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard