Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: Dailyn's Regent Platform
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:08 am 

Since Docsi was so kind as to open the platform thread for the Emerald Hills Regent, I would like to take the opportunity to post my ideas for the next reign.

As to my background, I have made no claims to being an artist, and I never will. However I do have almost 30 years experience planning various events from wedding receptions, graduation celebrations, and 4-H judging competitions. I also spent almost a year within the LARP Shattered Isles as their "Tavern Wench" planning and cooking all their food for 3 day events every month. I do have to say that cooking an entire feast over two BBQ's for 120 people was a new experience for me.

First and foremost on the minds of so many of us, Dragon Master XXX...

Dragon Master XXX has the potential to be have the highest participation of Artisans in at least the last ten reigns. Our Artisans have already been sewing, painting, working the leather and other assorted projects in an attempt to be awared the title of DRAGON MASTER XXX. I am of the opinion that the Kingdom Regent should put as much effort into presenting a ambience filled experience for the entire population. I believe that dusting off the Kingdom Banners for use at not only Dragon Master but for Mid-Reign, May Day, and Coronation will showcase each park's contribution to the Kingdom.
I would like to hold Friday night judgings for Brewers/Vintners so they can contribute their products to the Dragon Master experience.

Moving on to Kingdom events...

I would like to follow in the example of the last two Regents in keeping the court garb and feast table decoration recognization awards. I would also like to continue the full feast "hall" decorating.

Which brings me to May Day...

TigerHawke, Orchid and I are currently working to put together the 2nd Annual celebration of Spring. More Arts and Sciences. More celebration of Spring.

Thank you for your time,

Dailyn.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:54 am 

You seem to have enthusiasm, some specific and achievable goals, and considerable experience, which are all good traits in a leader. In your role as the patron of the arts and sciences guild, how would you go about seeking qualified judges for cultural events? How do you plan on filling guildmasterships?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:37 am 

Same questions as the other candidate.

1. How do you feel about the idea being tossed around by A&S types and the current Regent to hold this upcoming DM to coincide with Midreign rather than a separate weekend given its particular scope?

2. What do you think of the idea brought up of bringing in judges from outside our realm to both help assure the ideal of unbias and to allow for anyone to be able to enter, even those who are accustomed to also helping in the judging arena.

3. If you are not amenable to having this event at an event, what are your tentative plans for locations. IE. Do you have to travel down here? Do we have to travel up there?

Thank you

Dame Nightengael Bahuas
Nightmare of Artus Pass
Dragonmaster X XX XXX
Sable Pride Stormtrooper 66

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:21 am 

DameNightengael wrote:
3. If you are not amenable to having this event at an event, what are your tentative plans for locations. IE.

'Sup dawg I heard you like cultural events, so I put the event at the event, so you could be at the event while you were at the event.

Quote:
Do you have to travel down here? Do we have to travel up there?
Thank you[/color]

That's a really good question. Forgive my ignorance, but what is your home park, Dailyn?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:41 am 

If you check the Officers running for Regent, you will notice that Dailyn of King's Point no longer is on the list.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard