Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: Attn: Underage Players.
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:34 am 

[align=justify]After a recent review of the waivers and event contracts on file with the Emerald Hills, I have noticed that some underage players do not have proper waivers on file. Also, underage players have been signing their own event contracts when arriving at the event.

At this next event, underage players will not be allowed entrance into the event unless (1) a valid waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian*** and (2) an event contract signed by their parent or legal guardian*** is presented to the EH at gate during sign-in. A VALID WAIVER SIGNED BY THE PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT WITH YOU AT GATE, EVEN IF YOU THINK YOUR LOCAL PM HAS A COPY OF YOUR WAIVER.

*** Individuals who have waivers or event contracts signed by the "chaperone" that brought them who is not a parent or legal guardian will not be allowed entry into the event. A legal guardian must be appointed or approved by a court. For example, a camp counselor or school chaperone IS NOT a legal guardian for children under his or her supervision. A note or handshake from a parent IS NOT sufficient to establish legal guardianship. ***

I understand that the event is only a week away. The needed waiver and event contract are located at the following links:[/align]

Links for Waiver:

http://www.amtgard-eh.com/library/waiver.pdf
http://www.amtgard-eh.com/library/waiver.html

Link for Event Contract with Parent Signature Line:

http://webpages.charter.net/jajacobs/Am ... ntract.doc

[align=justify] It is not my intention to deny any player entry to the next event; however, without proper waivers and contracts, entry will not be allowed.

Players eighteen and over can sign waivers and event contracts at the time they sign-in.

Any questions, please feel free to contact me privately at sirmorgen@hotmail.com[/align]

Grand Duke Sir Morgan Ironwolf
EHPM

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:57 pm 

To Repeat:

No Minors will be let into the next EH event without a valid waiver and event contract signed by a parent or legal guardian on file (or presented at the time of entry).

You have been forewarned. If you arrive at gate without this paperwork, you will be instructed to leave. Even if you were let in an EH event without this paperwork before, you will not be allowed again.

If you have any questions, or want to check to make sure the EH has the proper documentation on file, please feel free to contact the EHPM, Grand Duke Sir Morgan Ironwolf, at sirmorgen @ hotmail.com.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

LDJ

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:51 am 

Park Monarchs and PMs, please pass this information onto your populace to make sure they are aware. Not everyone reads the forums/mailing list, so we need to make sure to spread the word.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:30 pm 

Dreanya, will those of us who requested one, have our lil EH ID cards when we get to gate?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:34 pm 

That's the plan.

Remind me again, what name do you want on it?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:53 pm 

and how are going to get the form we need if we do not have a printer

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:58 am 

I would suggest asking this question sometime in the 4 months that this posting has been on the forum and not the day of the event.

There has been plenty of notice about needing the additional waiver.

You can always hit a Kinkos.

Last edited by Larin on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:42 am 

I would suggest not responding unless you are answering the question. Some people were only notified this week that they needed ANOTHER waiver as theirs was not on file or the one they had was not appropriate any longer.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:49 am 

Because obviously protecting the club from legal action in light of the incidents of the last 3 months is a bad thing.

Its 1 more waiver 1 more time IF your underage.

Again.. if this was posted 2 days ago I could see people bitching, but the origional post was from August and reminders have been sent out.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:52 am 

I am sure they all thankl you for the help.

As to the original question, you can visit your local library or kinkos and print out a copy there.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:06 pm 

Just wondering,

There will be copies available at gate for those who can sign a waiver right?

If not, then I can bring a set of each document if required.

Regards
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:11 pm 

They could be, but the problem is it has to be signed by a parent or guardian. Not a problem if mom or dad is at the event with you, but it means a trip back to Dallas if they aren't.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:10 pm 

Point granted,

That's what I meant by those who can sign em.

I assume Duo and Hazzard are of age to be able to sign their own?

Right on.
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:03 pm 

Its only for underage players... so if they are of age to sign their own form, they no longer need one.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:22 pm 

If a waiver/event contract is already on file, then you don't need to bring another one.

The problem is that there are minors who DO NOT have waivers signed by parents or legal guardians on file with the Kingdom.

If you are a minor and want to know what is or is not on file, please email me at dreanya @ yahoo.com. I'll be glad to let you know what I will need for the next event.

DJ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard