Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: Work Weekends
 Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:09 pm 

Three Jugs asked me to post this. Due having issues posting.

ATTENTION AMTGARDIANS!

June event is quickly approaching!

Work Weekend for this event is the 4th weekend of May....that makes it May 26th and 27th. That gives you TWO WEEKS to make plans to get your butts down here to help! And since I'm busy with the bathroom/shower project, I need all of the help that I can get preparing for this End Reign/Coronation event!

First of all I need Minions! People who will stand up and handle one of these jobs FOR me without me holding their hands and having to check up on them throughout the day. I'm gonna have my hands full enough as it is...

Once we got THAT handled, here's what we have that needs to be done:

~ Campsites need to be cleared of debris (branches and stuff from the storms), firepits checked to make sure they are still a 'pit' and maybe run a weed eater around the place to keep the fire hazards low. Easy work, slow pace. Anyone can do it. (I have both a walk behind and hand held weed eater)

~ Parking lot and Battlefield needs mowing. This has to be done with the big tractor and Old Man Bobby's already agreed to handle this for us.

~ Trench Field, Feast Prep Area, Merchant Row, Feast Area and other Common Areas need mowing and weed eating. (Once again I have a lawn mower, walk behind weed eater and hand held weed eater)

~ Since we had only one wood cutting weekend in the last year, there is no wood for fires....so wood will need to be cut. Need someone responsible enough to run a chainsaw, make sure to put the oil-mixture-gas INTO the chainsaw, and check the oil and chain each time you use it. Also need minions to pick up the cut wood, throw it in trucks and haul it to the wood pile areas. Can be fun for large groups who can take turns using the chainsaw and visiting while they work.

~ Also have a 17 X 15 (or so) foot pole barn that I'm donating to the kingdom that needs to be installed for the Feast Serving Area. All we have to do is drill four holes and put in the posts. (I got those too.) The top just sets on and bolts. It's already assembled. Will need minions for this as well.

~ And don't forget that we will also be in need of help on the bathroom/shower project. Even if it's just someone to hold a board up while we take a measurement, or nail a board on. It's something that we can't do alone folks.

~~~~~~~~

NOW...as per usual, if you're out on one of my workdays I 'TRY' to always have food and drink on site to accommodate you. With all of these workdays we've been having tho, it's getting a little tight. So water's been the choice of drinks more than none.

However, McFadden makes a mean hamburger that's very filling. Those of you who don't eat meat, please inform us and we will have chicken or a veggie alternative.

Please let us know about how many to expect so that we can make sure we have enough food ahead of time. I don't do this 'rush to the store at the last minute' crap. I'm usually too busy working to deal with it by then.

From me:
Please get out there and assist if you can. The Bathrooms are moving along nicely but there are other things as well that need taken care of.

Thank You
King Alby

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:50 pm 

Okay folks, I know that this weekend is Memorial Day Weekend and all....

But I need to know who to expect out for the Work Weekend here at Tanglewood!

Wait....
You think YOU got plans?
This weekend is MY Anniversary...

And, just like I did on Mother's Day, I'm gonna be right here, working on this bathroom and shower building.
(I know, what a way to spend MY Mother's Day AND your Anniversary, huh?)

Anyway, if I'm gonna be working on the building, I'm gonna need some people to show up and help with the odds and ends that I usually get done before an event....

Like:
~ Cutting wood for fires
~ Clearing / cleaning up campsites
~ Spraying down the tavern, feast prep and public areas for bugs (takes all of about 10 minutes)

*Also have a pole barn roof that we'd like to get put up on it's poles this weekend. We already have the posts...just need the help getting the brush cleared, setting up the tractor in the right spot to dig the post holes, swinging the posts into place, packing them and aligning the top on the poles...then we just bolt it on.

This is a 17 long X 15 (I think) wide pole barn that I am donating to the Kingdom
that will be used so that we can have a covered area to serve feast. It can also be used for feast prep. With the plans and materials on hand, we think that we can actually even get electricity to it, giving us a dry place to cook and a chance at lights for cooking. The cooking will still have to be done with propane, but a dry area with lighting would be a BIG plus!

Come on guys! We even have WORKING bathrooms and showers right here on site for you to use while you're here helping us out!

If all else fails, post online that you need a ride...
You'll be surprised at who will pick you up and bring you out here for a work day.
ANY WORK DAY...

Need more info?
Contact me, Lady Samantha Three Jugs
903-340-1788
or you can text me

P.S. ~ Don't piss off a lady that has a knife and rifle target in her backyard.

Rendezvous'rs are just kids with really BIG playgrounds....and black powder toys that go BOOM!

Post subject: Re: Work Weeked
 Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:55 pm 

i can brng 3 easy 4 if they get freindly

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:55 am 

Table saw for me to play with?
Pretty please with sugar on it????
*uses her sweet puppy dogs eyes for effect*

Rendezvous'rs are just kids with really BIG playgrounds....and black powder toys that go BOOM!

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 pm 

I am offering car space for 3 people for a day trip Saturday. I live in North Dallas, and am willing to drive to pick up people.

Please contact me if you'd like to go!

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:30 pm 

i'll bring the table saw.

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:26 pm 

I can leave Saturday no earlier than Noon and I can stay as late as the person driving wants to stay. Anyone willing to give Tree and I a ride? We'd love to help, if possible!

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:48 pm 

Zelodie, you get sick again before coronation and I'll ask Stump to punish you...lol

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:29 pm 

Don't know of anyone leaving that late, but maybe we can get some takers...

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:26 am 

LOL, come on, I was looking forward to chopping wood!

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:34 pm 

Z I pm'ed you. I can come get y'all. If we leave at noon, we get there, idealy when everyone gets their second wind from the lunch break.

3 Jugs, you have my phone number? In case you need goodies brought in from town.

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:35 am 

I did get a ride for day tripping Sunday. And, after this following Wednesday, I am planning a nearly week long excursion to also assist with all that extra prep for event. Thank you sooo much, Ella for the offer for a ride! I appreciate you!

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:08 am 

Sounds great! Gonna see what we can get done between now and then. We're quickly running out of time for the completion of this job.

Deadline we're hitting for is June 7th. Because on June 8th everyone will be arriving for the start of the End Reign / Coronation Event.

I don't think we're gonna get the painting done, but we're hoping to get the rest finished.

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:39 am 

To Whoever Gives Zelodie a ride to TWF for the work weekend:

I am gathering a group to beat you and stuff yer head in the new flushers (post use).

To Zelodie:

Keep yer recovering ass at home. We need you for 6 months to be ready to go, take a weekend off and let others take this one.

That is all.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:49 pm 

Yes sir! <Salutes> :)

Tree still will be coming, though!

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard