Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:55 pm 

Quote:
It seems to me that it is difficult to predict what this system will change about knighthood. Will it actually create unity among the kingdoms, or aggravate rivalries and jealousies? Will it improve knighthood, or contribute to its stagnation?

This subject has been argued over almost as much in the last couple months as the idea of adding new classes has been hashed over the last ten years.

In truth, I dont see where this directly affects people attaining Knighthood outside of the omission of Griffin specifically. The general concensus seems to be that while many (ap 60%) of people would rather it was included as a ladder award, no one can remotely agree precisely WHICH ladder it should go to.

There is more unity between kingdoms now than ever...mainly because loads of people are working hard on it outside the normal arena of administrative postitions in each kingdom. The awards standardization makes awards means the same thing in any kingdom, thats it. I don't think that anyone is capable for foreseeing all the potential issues that may arise outside of misuse, which are concerns now just as much as they would be under any other recognition dynamic.

If the CoK is expecting this proposal to be geared to resolve long-time issues with character and awards prerequisites, this isnt precisely the proposal to do that. The rules arent really swinging in favor of or against in this proposal aside from the griffin issue mentioned above and some clarification to the Warlord (Master Warrior). As a matter of fact, in order to raise the bar as many knight seem to want in a proposal like this, all the kingdoms would first have to be under the same standard, which means that everyone would need to support some sort of awards standardization (*COUGH*like this one*COUGH*) and get it passed before the bar could be raised legitimately for the entire organization.

I see the the awards standardization as the first step towards unity, not the end result.

[/align]

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard