Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:16 am 

#1, thanks Sir Morgan for posting a comprehensive working Dues Paid list. I know there are kinks and they'll get worked out.

#2, why the big turn off from being dues paid?

#3, did a little spreadhseet work (too much work for this lazy bugger, this early on a Sat. morning) and came up with the following stark realization.

Of almost 200 'eligible' signed in names, there are only 49+- dues paid members.

I realize that another 1/4 of the names on that list are tourist Amtgarders with over-ridding mundane lives or a passing interest in the game.

I can also understand that another 1/4 of those are probably not working or in school and money isn't that easy to come by.

So what's the big turn off for the last 1/4 to become dues paid.

What exactly is the benefit of being dues paid?

A question for all you 'older than JW's grass stained loin cloth', what made being dues paid worth the trouble back in the day?

As per Queen Reine, eligible members who are NDP will be allowed to become so today/tommorow. I hope many more of those who can, do.

SYATAT (See ya at the All-Thing.)
Sutra

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:53 am 

First off... I totally agree with what Sutra may be trying to say. For such a large amount of people who have at least made the unconsious effort to attend our "meetings" enough times to qualify to vote, and yet still don't care or remember to pay their dues, I'm a tad disappointed. Of course the action of allowing the unpayed to "pay today to vote today" sucks for those of us who are prompt to pay and want to pay. Kinda kills the whole point for those of us who are already payed up. But then again, maybe... just maybe, all those folks that can't remember to pay their dues, are more willing to vote for and not against TODAYS ITEM brought forth by TODAYS monarch .

But hey... its her reign and I suppose its her rules. TODAY.

As to Sutra question as to what do I get for being dues payed.

I get a copy of the everchanging Rules and Corpora.
I'm suppose to get a copy of a newsletter.
I get to run for higher club office.
I get to vote on Club related stuff.

I think that pretty much covers it.

Now what do I really get....

Not much.
I normally have to beg, borrow, or ground score any paper changes.
I hardly ever see a newsletter, until recently.
I would rather pay not to be a club officer.

And my one vote will be countered today by the masses of unpayed members given new Life by TODAYS monarch. I see it as ... any votes over 49, were bought and payed for by the monarch and her cohorts.

So tell me... anyone... are all these deadbeat members going to be able to pay 1$ and then get to vote or will they be required to pay a full 6months worth.? Shouldn't the Kingdom get something out of this obvious disregard for our Corpora?

:x

I swear, Delphos and Brennon really just remind me of a couple of bad Spock and Bones impersonators.

"Nevron disagrees with and dislikes me. He is, however, rational".- Brennon

"I'll admit, I trolled the smack forum." - Shady Troll

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:21 am 

Instead of having an emergency allthing, set it for the next one and those wanting to vote can pay.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:34 am 

49 is actually pretty good, historically. During the boom years of the mid 90s, we were lucky to have 150+ playing Amtgard every weekend, and probably a fourth of those voting (someone can back up or dispute that estimate).

Most Amtgarders do not want to vote or get too stressed about it to care. "Get out the vote" rarely works without partisan backing.

If you want more votes, you'll need more recruits.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:48 am 

Why pay dues...
I am not allowed to vote on anything since the kingdom is forcing me to go to the parks and just sit there. I can't play and just sitting around and watching other people hit each other is more than I can bear. I want to get up and hit people aswell, I find myself trying to make up excuses on why I could do it... This is all the participation I get anymore. So tell me

Why pay dues?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:50 am 

Sir Falamar,

Pardon me for my ignorance. You're not banned from playing right? Is it health related?

Well, I can't play the 'cause it'll help contribute to the game you love and will make your spirit happy' card, or the 'pay dues, get a nifty newsletter' bit.

I've seen your name in the history that is the Emerald Hills. From the crazy stories I've been lucky enough to hear of the past, you and a slew of other vet's have contributed heaps of positive things to the kingdom over the years.

Granted, eveyone will have the good tales and the really bad PR about them. But I see your dilema and offer a sincere 'I really don't know.'

Regards
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:08 pm 

falamar";p="3393 wrote:
Why pay dues...
I can't play and just sitting around and watching other people hit each other is more than I can bear. I want to get up and hit people aswell, I find myself trying to make up excuses on why I could do it...

James, if there was anything at all I could do to help you I would do it in a heartbeat. I've been injured enough to know that if I can't fight, I better not go out.

Is there a research fund for your type of diabetes that people can contribute to?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:10 pm 

Neuro-Damage to my feet from Diabetes

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard