Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: Inapropriate post
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:05 am 

Earlier this morning I posted to the Smack Talk section of this Forum. I am not apologizing for what I said but where I said it. It was inappropriate for me to say such things in such a public manner. It was also highly inappropriate for me an elected officer of the kingdom to say such things. As such I am resigning from my position as Guildmaster of Healers and withdrawing my name from the ballot for next reign. I also am imposing a self disciplinary action of not running for any office for 1 year. Sir Fytakin had my respect and to some measure still does. Anyone that takes the amount of BS thrown his way and continues to do what he does for the kingdom and Tanglewood Forest deserves some respect. I also stand by the following two statements regarding his being Knighted.

"People may not agree with how he was Knighted but if anyone deserves it he does."

and

"Maybe if you people would quit looking at what Sir Fytakin has done and start looking at what he is doing. You might see that he actually deserves that belt."

Sir Fytakin,
You have my heartfelt apology. Those were words of anger spoken in weakness and I truly do apologize. You have the option to accept this apology or not. I can only say that I have and do respect you you have done more behind the scenes than most people care to see or admit. Even if the words I spoke were heartfelt, which they were not, it was not my place to say them.

I do not expect this apology to lessen any of the crap I have coming my way and fully expect to be torn apart by several people. Yet I could not in good conscience allow those words to be said without making a public apology. I also would like to apologize to anyone else those words may have offended.

Sincerely,
Typhus Deathcaller

Post subject: Re: Inapropriate post
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:26 am 

Typhus,

You don't really think Sir F is gonna take any smack regarding how or why he got his belt seriously do ya?

Come on DeathC. He's gotten it from higher ups and may never live it down, but he's thick skinned like that. My guess is from the years of being part of Wrong Crowd and for doing both great and not so great things.

Now, this whole penance thing of your's, only you know the real reasons behind dropping whatever responsibilities you were deemed worthy of. Look, if it's because of mundane issues that you gotta go, then go, that's way more plausible for any of the rest of us to comprehend bro.

Again, I don't know how heavy sticking your digital tongue out at Sir F is really weighing down on your conscience, so I wish ya best for the year to come.

Too bad really, the RP you got going had some promise.

See ya round.
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:31 am 

So where is this post at? Sounds like a good read.

"Béni soit l'Éternel, mon rocher, Qui exerce mes mains au combat, Mes doigts à la bataille"[/align]

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:46 am 

Look regardless of whether Sir Fytakin takes it roughly or not is not the point. The point is I am a representative of the Kingdom and spoke in a highly inappropriate manner. It does not matter who else Sir Fytakin has gotten shit from what matters is that I could not in good conscince continue to be a representative of the Kingdom in any capacity after saying what I did. No mundane issues are keeping me from doing my job as Guildmaster I will still help in any capacity with the RP I started as it does not require me being GM to run. It does not matter what others think is appropriate or not my own feelings are what matter and what I said was wrong and since there are no official rules of punishment for such things I chose to punish myself.

Edited after reading Sir Fytakin's post in the Samck Talk section.

I will not resign my position and will keep my name on the ballot for GM of Healers. The only way I will run for any other office is if I am requested to do so by a majority of people.

Kracker Baron

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:20 pm 

Meh, you're not the only one who tends to be unduly harsh on one's self. Glad to hear you're back in it. I can't make myself care enough to take over.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:04 pm 

Jesus.... Don't take your title of GuildMaster so fucking seriously.
.....it's imaginary power ........it's low on the hit list for serving in a kingdom position.

That is what the Smak forum is for.
You used it and now you bring it out here?
This post is the Inapropriate post.

Typhus....dude.....get over yourself....

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:49 pm 

the sorry, no good for nothing wrote: "I am not apologizing for what I said but where I said it."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What?

Your sorry for talking smack-ish in the smack area?

Oh... man.... you never cease to amaze me.

and by amaze... I mean, krack me up.

8)

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard