Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: Running for BOD
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:41 pm 

As you may or may not have announced, I'm running for the BOD. The things I most want to address are:

1. The Kingdom's relationship with Tanglewood Forest in the long run, ensuring everyone's interests are protected
2. Ongoing issues with misconduct at Amtgard functions and ways of creating consistency in enforcement
3. Setting higher standards for reporting kingdom expenditures and making that information available to the populace
4. Analyzing ways in which changes in Texas statue may affect the responsibilities and liabilities of the BOD and the Kingdom
5. Pursuing greater contact with the parks where the Kingdom meets and ascertaining how we can best make use of this public space and reserve it for our use as needed

My credentials:
- Served in several Kingdom offices, including GM of Reeves and Regent
- Two terms on the BOD, plus several partial terms replacing losses
- Served on the BOD during the process of becoming a corporation

I would love to hear about any other issues the populace would like to see addressed. The BOD does not affect internal club functions, but BOD members serve an important function by addressing mundane issues.

I normally play at the Midnight Sun primarily. Very recently, I've been busy with a number of life changes, including our new baby, but I will be out at the park more, soon, as things settle. I usually respond to email within one or two days. I can be reached at pawsplay at lazykitty dot com.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard