Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: Updated EH 2007 Flyer
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:36 pm 

Alright:

Wanna get the local comic book shops kids into the game?
How about the paintball weekend warriors?

Print off the new 2007 EH Amtgard Flyer and get em distributed at your favorite hang out places such as:

Highschool Chess/Theatre/Poetry/Art Clubs
Amateur Sports Venues
Redneck Bars
Youth Groups
AntiFas Rallies
Goth Clubs
Comic/Anime Conventions
Tupperware Parties
the list is limitless!

Share the joys of Amtgard with your friends and family.

Need a last minute X-Mas gift? How about a cheap and easy boffer and a day at your local park!? Talk about getting out cheap!

Get the word out, or that goofy Duchy up north will have the rest of us spanked on attendance AND status!

Find the high/low res versions of the newsletter here:
http://www.amtgard-eh.com/gallery/Archi ... TriFly.pdf (low)
http://www.amtgard-eh.com/gallery/Archi ... riFlyH.pdf (high)

Regards
Sutra

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:06 pm 

The safety consciousness on the flip side photo is admirable, but I'm concerned that a flyer going out to kids (and by extension their parents) includes a picture of someone smoking a cigarette.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:24 pm 

Ha! Well done sir! I'm on it!

Amused,
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:25 pm 

YIKES!!! I am not gonna even look for it...

Yoni see alll.....Sutra mah brothah...damn that was fast!

[/align]

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:40 pm 

Updated and almost finalized.

So here's the deal:
I will be distributing 100 color copies to each park PM. They will hand them out accordingly as they see fit. Ask em to hand ya some!

What I would like to see is that they get distributed/pushed at local high schools/colleges/universities, comic book/card shops, etc.. Ask the teacher/shop owner to trade counter space for the flyers and in return they get their business card printed in our newsletter. It's that simple. Heck, some places will let ya put em on their counter, no questions asked. Just let em know first!

I will be confirming with the right sources (PM), but each park will be rewarded according to their effort in this recruiting drive.

Each park top-recruiter (must have the most continuously attending new members for a 3-month period [make sure to stay up to date on your park sign in's]) will be granted free admittance to Mid-Reign, AND we'll do it all over again for Endreign/Coronation. (TBC)

2nd and 3rd place top-recruiter's from each park may also be granted gate fee discounts!

With Comic/Anime Conventions on the 2007 horizon, we will also be using these flyers to get the word out. More to come.

Last but not least, I'd like to see a main contact # or email for each park to print on the flyers, so park PM's, let me know what info should be included with your park blurb on the flyer. Also, check the flyer and confirm time/date/directions. It'll help with getting in touch with park officials outside of the kingdom website.

MS=Missing
ES=Sirrakhis
MWG=Missing
FK=Missing

Watch for the final flyer versions real soon!

Any comments, suggestions, or changes; let me know!

Regards and thanks all!
Sutra

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:57 pm 

there really is an awful lot of information on that flyer. it's really not appealing to the average person just glancing at it. have you seen the one dreanya did a few months back?

i'd like to also suggest providing one that could print friendly in black and white for anyone looking to hand them out but who can't get to you in time for color copies or can't afford them.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:40 pm 

Alright M'lady, very good points!

So, write me some great 'punch ya in the imaginative gut' text and we'll run with that!

I am working on a B+W copy, so it'll be up ASAP!

Thanks again!
S

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:58 pm 

To add a bonus to the black and white flyer idea I'd like to donate 500 free black and white copies of that for the kingdom. Lets get some new people, all you golden oldies are starting to bore me *grin*

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:35 pm 

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Elated!
S

--------------

Teach a man how to fish, make a boat sales rep real happy.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:41 am 

(will add more as i think of it.)

instead of directions to every park, what about an address, time and link?

Locations:
Directions at http://amtgard-eh.com/parks.html

Eagleshire in Denton
McKenna Park at Bonnie Brae and Scripture streets
2 pm sundays

Midnight Sun in Garland
etc.

Finder's Keep in Wichita Falls
etc.

and so on

*edit, yeah, i'm just now seeing all the parks listed 3 times over.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:04 am 

The "In order to play the game..." paragraph in the middle of page 2 is unneccessary if the above park info is already on the flyer.

"Some Amtgardians also..." is good and that info can probably be combined with or put in the same place as "The staple of Amtgard gaming..." paragraph because that fully explains what we do and when we do it.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:49 am 

Aylinn,

The editor in you and the graphic designer in me will make this a pretty dang good flyer ya know!

Well, rewrite the flyer text and email it to me, we'll drop it in there with your photo recommendations and we'll run with that!

Right on!
S

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:36 am 

Update!

and the Black and White version:
http://www.amtgard-eh.com/gallery/Archi ... lyH-BW.pdf

These should be good to go, and we'll keep em updated, I should have the final version by next week printed and handed off to the parks to begin/bolster their recruitment drives!

Regards
S

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard