Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:07 pm 

Highlander game rules:
Game will be an ongoing game starting at approximately 8pm Friday Night, and ending shortly before Court/Feast.

Each player will sign in with me, and receive their Life Token. Tokens will be worn visibly and cannot be hidden or masked. Think Highlander the Movie, you can "Sense" when another highlander is near, this is achieved in game by being able to see the person's tokens.

Battle will be a duel. You see a highlander, you challenge them, you fight, winner takes the other person's "Head" (game token). Loose your token, you're out of the game. Upon killing your opponent you are under a 30second stun effect (this is to simulate the quickening), and are vulnerable to attack by other highlanders. The loser of the duel must turn over ALL tokens to the winner.

Tokens WILL be labeled by me so I can ensure no Counterfit tokens are introduced to the game.

Game will continue until either a)one person eliminates all other highlanders, and thus collects all tokens, or b) until right before feast/court at which point I will count everyone's tokens to determine the top 2 highlanders, who will then duel for each other to determine who "The One" is.

There will be prizes.

Also, to clear up any confusion, the Tokens I'm referencing will be something specifically used for this game, not the kingdom coin.

Any questions, PM Me or E-mail Champion@amtgard-eh.com, or just find me in person.

"Until we stop viewing making a knight into a non-knight a fate worse than death we'll never be able to clean up knighthood." - Glen

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:07 pm 

Will this be limited to Single sword as per the movie? Or is it open weapon? Is it ditch rules or militia (i.e. Armor and projectiles?)

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:19 pm 

Good catch, I completely forgot to list that. Single Short Sword, no armor, no projectiles.

Also, since I forgot to list this as well, Areas of "Holy Ground" (IE No highlander combat):
IN The TIT (though around is fine)
Feast Prep area
On the Ditch Field DURING AN ACTIVE DITCH (If no one's ditching, it's fair game)
Private Camp Sites

"Until we stop viewing making a knight into a non-knight a fate worse than death we'll never be able to clean up knighthood." - Glen

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:22 pm 

Last question (for now). If someone is "hiding out" on holy ground, will they be allowed to stay there (i.e. Can I sit in the TiT to avoid fighting all day to save the 6 life tokens I already earned?) Or will a game reeve put a time limit on such activiteis (assuming the player is not doing event work like feast prep, etc.)

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:49 pm 

Good question. The intention of Holy Ground was not to give players a hiding spot, it was to allow people who are actually working the event to not have to worry about dealing with attacks. If someone is in Holy Ground for more than 15 minutes (unless they are actively helping with event work) they can be Called out to duel. If they are called out they have 2 minutes to leave holy ground to answer the challenge. I will gladly accept volunteers to help reeve just for this type of situation, to ensure time limits are being followed. And as always, no ammount of forethought can address every possible situation that comes up, If something issue does arise that was not addressed previously I will make judgement calls on a case by case scenario taking the specific situation into account.

(as this is something I had not thought of previously, I am open for better suggestions on how to resolve the holy grounds camping issue)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:24 pm 

What if someone doesn't answer a challenge? How close do they have to be to "be challenged"? (like across the ditch field, or if someone issues a general challenge)

Campsites: put a red strip near the entrance? there are obvious signs that its an active campsite (tents, chairs). or the person could simply ask before entering...

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:40 pm 

Challenges to a duel are to a specific person. No General challenges. Person ignores or refuses a challenge they forfit their live (and all lives they've collected). Challenge must be issued within a reasonable distance and audible enough for the challenged to hear. (No standing in Feast Prep and issueing a challenge to someone in the TIT.)

With campsites, use common sense, if you see camping equipment/charis/people, assume it's an occupied campsite. Active campsites are off limits, unless the participant camping in the site chooses to allow battle inside their camp.

As always, if there's any disputes, questions, or situations the player(s) feel they cannot resolve reasonable on their own, find me and I'll handle it, but know my word is final, so I honestly suggest we all try to act like grown adults and handle things honorably.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:47 pm 

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard