Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: November Althing Stuff
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:57 am 

So, it's a little late and we are gonna have to squeeze things in to get this done this month, but....

If anyone has items they would like considered for Althing, please post them here. I will be taking suggestions till Friday at midnight. I will have the agenda posted the next day and we will vote the last weekend of November. This is the same weekend as Olympiad, but don't worry, I'll be at Olympiad and can take your votes there if you intend to make the event.

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:01 am 

I would like to see Fytakin's Knight's belt placed on the Althing for removal. he has been banned multiple times from the Kingdom for agressive and inappropriate behaviors.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:19 pm 

I would really like to see the issue of Fytakin's Belt resolved.

It was noted that this issue would be settled in November. Since the knights circle has postponed any vote on their part until December, I think the Althing is the only recourse.

It isn't right to push this item back any longer, for whatever reason.

It isn't fair to the members who are fed up with his behavior and brought it up in the first place.

It isn't fair to his defenders to have this hanging for so long.

And it REALLY isn't fair to Darkangel who willingly gave up his belt.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:56 pm 

It was voted on in the last Althing, that the CoK WOULD have a proposal done for the November Althing ...on : The step by step process to remove a Knight's belt and a Knight's Code.

Has that been done and approved by the CoK for inclusion in the November Althing?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:04 pm 

Elder Vermilion wrote:
It was noted that this issue would be settled in November. Since the knights circle has postponed any vote on their part until December, I think the Althing is the only recourse.

That sounds like a NO to Tigerhawke's question.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:12 pm 

Yes it does, Ailyn. I am trying to contact and talk to other ppl , more in the 'know' than I am right now, to get confirmation;) I'd rather not jump to conclusions at this point in time.

TH

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:44 pm 

The Althing in Aug. included discussion items, but did not set specifics or mandate deadlines.

Even so, the CoK is working towards creating a process as discussed in the Aug. Althing. As we only had 2 weeks between the results of that Althing and our Sept. meeting, we were unable to ensure that the wording of the proposal was set in a way that would be acceptable to the members of the CoK and all the varying opinions therein.

So the earliest we will be able to vote on the items to alter the policies within the CoK would be in Dec. at Coronation. Then the Jan. Althing will have to ratify our changes in order for them to be added to the corpora (which, if it is voted down, would cause us to redraft it). So the only way this issue can be resolved currently is to put the belt up for Althing removal (as was discussed prior to the Aug. Althing).

On a side note, if the CoK HAD been able to get the wording issues resolved by Sept., the issue would STILL have to be voted on at this Althing, since it would involve a change to the Corpora. And there is no guarantee it would pass. So even if the wording was ready, the belt issue could not be dealt with yet, and (IMO) it is important that we not let this issue go and then have to be resolved after this reign is over.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:05 pm 

CoK has been very aware that they had a dead line to meet for this up coming Althing. You speak of process ..and then disregard it so easily. You've been at this removal of two belts for at least 8 years Forest, ..and I can attest to seeing it come up for 4 of those 8.

I am seriously concerned that the CoK is going to further diminish itself in the eyes of our populace by continuing to NOT solve it's problems ...and to not uphold an Althing vote.

I want to trust that the CoK will submit a belt removal procedure and a Knight code in time for this Althing. To ignore the voting populace is not a very wise move, imho. The delay is in your court right now ....the CoK needs to act promptly, with good intentions, honor and good faith.

How is anyone going to be able to look up to you if you do not?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:11 pm 

The CoK is workign in a proposal. but we are not going to rush into anything. And the belts were given 6 years ago, so it would be hard for this to be an 8 year ordeal.

In August, it was stated that if a case existed, the belts would be placed on the Althing for removal.

IUnstead, we were given an Althing that asked if the populace wanted the CoK to adopt a policy on belt removal (a policy that was rejected by the populace when it was proposed for the most current Corpora).

So people can say what they want. The CoK has acted in good faith and continues to do so. While we are not rushing into anything, we are working to submit a proposal, but it was the populace that rejected it last time, and may do so again this time.

Fytakin's belt should be on the Althing. The CoK proposal is a seperate beast and will be done in good time.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:45 pm 

TigerHawke wrote:
CoK has been very aware that they had a dead line to meet for this up coming Althing. You speak of process ..and then disregard it so easily. You've been at this removal of two belts for at least 8 years Forest, ..and I can attest to seeing it come up for 4 of those 8.

I am seriously concerned that the CoK is going to further diminish itself in the eyes of our populace by continuing to NOT solve it's problems ...and to not uphold an Althing vote.

I want to trust that the CoK will submit a belt removal procedure and a Knight code in time for this Althing. To ignore the voting populace is not a very wise move, imho. The delay is in your court right now ....the CoK needs to act promptly, with good intentions, honor and good faith.

How is anyone going to be able to look up to you if you do not?

I was going to let this go, but no, this is way too over the top.

This post acuses the CoK of not acting in good faith or with honor. This post says we are already diminished in the eyes of the populace. This post indicates that the CoK will not be looked up to if we fail to rush a proposal through so it con go into the Nov. Althing due to an arbitrary deadline.

So who is it you will lose respect for? Myself? Rayel? Nevron? Trinity? Tangeena? Logan? Who? Which Knight will suddenly have all of his/her service and dedication wipes away becaue we were given a vague ultimatum with no reference points or guidelines to deal with an issue we had no authority to deal with.

If you want to stop respecting anyone, then stop respecting me. I, not the CoK, but Forest Evergreen asked for Kngiht's belts to be put on the Althing agenda back on Jul. 30th. It is the only time I have ever done so. You now want to bash the CoK and its members because they are taking the time to do the job right.

The CoK deserves better than your post. You should stop and take a look at what you are saying. Because in 1 post you are discrediting the very backbone of this Kingdom, and they deserve better. they deserve your respect.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:27 pm 

Way over the top? Disrepectful? Not I. If by pointing out what has taken place with the last Althing in which I was very involved in as EHPM...not only in getting the voting lists set, the ballot forms out ..and tallying that vote and reporting it. But in many days of thoughtful conversations with Docsi and others in how to proceed and word a fair Althing that addressed the issues at that Althing.

I am not being disrespectful, even to you Forest. I consider you a friend, yet it is also a friend's place to take the harder path and point out negative behavior. I'm sorry if I struck a nerve. I apologize for saying 8 years when it has been 6. You are correct there.

It is not unrealistic to want someone or a group of us to honor an Althing result. I merely pointed out MY view point. I don't owe anyone an apology for being honest.

Should you choose to take offense at my post ...that is your choice. Don't try and paint me as a bad guy ...for caring a whole lot about this issue. Nor do you have the right to bring in other names and imply that I am disrespecting them. My relationships are mine with them and not for anyone to speculate about please.

I learned long ago that respect is a two way street. I give respect to those whom I feel have earned it ...and the same goes for what ppl think about me. It is not automatically a given thing.

Do I respect the work, time and effort that goes into getting a Knighthood? You bet!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:58 pm 

I'm not calling anyone "the bad guy". I am simply looking at what your post said. The August Althing did not mandate the CoK to do anything. Multiple people pointed this out when the wording was set forth, prior to the vote.

But, the CoK decided to move forward with adopting a proposal in good faith. But your post stated that if we do not have that proposal ready by this Althing that we are somehow going to "further diminish" ourselves. That by not having it ready by Nov. is to "ignore the voting populace"

I say the CoK IS acting in good faith and is making sure that we create a well thought out proposal that is amicable to all members. We will not have it voted on and ready by the Nov. Althing.

Your post seems to indicate that not making the Nov. Althing makes us dishonorable or that we are not acting in good faith. If I am reading that wrong, then please clarify what you meant by it.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:32 pm 

It is obvious that my understanding of the yes vote on the earlier Althing is not the same as yours.

The code is clearly stated as being included in the November Althing vote (by the end of Nov) ...not so on the procedure to strip a belt though.

I just want this to proceed and I want to have faith that the CoK will continue to move forward with both areas that the populace voted on. So I will trust that this will be put to a vote at the beginning of the New Year.

And I'm still disappointed.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 pm 

Ok, apparently there is only one item up for vote in the November althing. I will try to get it done in time for the election vote.

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard