Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

What do you think about the changes made to Gate?
Poll ended at Sat May 19, 2007 11:46 am
I like it!!! 67%  67%  [ 14 ]
I hate it. Bring back the old ways. 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
What? There have been changes made to gate? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I like the Gate "List" idea but I don't feel comfortable with having an ID card. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I like the ID cards but I don't feel comfortable with my mundane information on the Gate "List" 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
Other (Please explain below) 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 21

Post subject: Tanglewood Gate
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:46 am 

All right. I guess I may be a glutton for punishment; however, it is time for feedback about gate.

The gate at Tanglewood Forest has essentially two separate systems running in tandem:

[align=justify]1. The Gate "List" which indicates whether someone already has a properly signed waiver and event contract on file. The Gate "List" only includes the following information: Amtgard and Mundane Name, emergency contact number, birthdate, and email address. Has been used since September 2006.

2. The EH Identification Cards (Membership, Visitor, Ambassador) whose very existance shows the gate staff the player already is on the Gate "List" and allows the player to just "scan and go." Has been in use since December 2006. [/align]

Please use the poll, or respond to this post, to let us Gate Keepers know what you think of the Gate changes. Also, if you have any constructive suggestions, please let us know that, too. We want to make Gate as efficient, quick, and user-friendly as possible.

Last edited by Dreanya on Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Tanglewood Gate
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:13 pm 

I think it is a great idea and it saves tons of time at gate. I still wish "someone" would let me have my card made. :wink:

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:33 pm 

This is the first time I have seen someone take an interest and provide a solution in streamlining the papertrail necessary for events, and making sure people dont wait forever at the gate in the process.

Good job.

My only request would be that all properly waivered people be listed online (Just the Amt-Name) so that all PM's can know who is papered. OOPS!
Forgot, she already did that too.

Vivat!

[/align]

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:59 pm 

Forest Evergreen";p="4698 wrote:
I still wish "someone" would let me have my card made. :wink:

And I wish "someone" would be willing to follow the rules like everyone else. :roll:

That's ok, you'll cave** when you see the latest development in the ID card system. :twisted:

LDJ

** ID cards are purely voluntary and will never be mandatory.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:11 pm 

M'Lady Dreanya,

It's an awesome development and I'm excited to be part of the bad@ss era that is the kingdom id card.

Heck, it's made comic shop discounts a reality!

And for anyone whose's received a Gamer's Guild gift card, whatcha waiting for!? Go cash it in!

Regards,
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:36 am 

Sirrakhis";p="4699 wrote:

My only request would be that all properly waivered people be listed online (Just the Amt-Name) so that all PM's can know who is papered. OOPS!
Forgot, she already did that too.

Vivat!

Thank you for the reminder. The online list is now updated from MidReign. I have about 200 people not listed because I don't have their Amtgard names.

**EVERYONE: If you're not listed on any of the three lists but you have gone to an event in the last year (June 2006 to present), please send me an email to see if I have your information.**

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard