Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post subject: January Althing
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:40 pm 

The January Althing will be on Jan 11th at Eagleshire. Right now there will be 3 items on the Agenda:

1.) YES / NO - The ban on Raban should be revoked and he should be allowed to play in the Emerald Hills.

2.) YES / NO - Change the attendance requirement wording as follows:

"1. Subgroup size/status is calculated by Monthly Attendance: The park day with the highest number of players above the age of 8 that sign in at a given park during the month.

2. Subgroup Size/status shall be defined as:

a Shire
i Monthly Attendance of 3
ii No time limit (any new subgroup is considered a shire)

b Barony
i Monthly Attendance of 20
ii Must have been a Shire for at least 6 months

c Duchy
i Monthly Attendance of 40
ii Must have been a Barony for at least 9 months

d Principality
i Monthly Attendance of 65
ii Must have been a Duchy for at least 12 months

3. Subgroups may be promoted by: having the minimum Monthly Attendance
required for the next group size for the preceding 6 month period; and approval of the
EH Monarch

4. Subgroups may be demoted once per Reign by joint agreement of the Kingdom
Monarch and PM for either:

a Failing to maintain the minimum Monthly Attendance required for its
size/status for 6 of the 12 preceding months or
b Failing to comply with other current contractual obligations including changes to
the corpora or joint agreements of the Monarch, and either the PM or GMR"

3.) Remove the war skills requirement from Crown Quals.

The other items that Brennon brought up will be discussed and final wording will be prepared based on ongoing discussions at the March Althing.

Any other items that people want to have on the Althing need to be submitted to me by Sat. Dec 27th at 11.59pm.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post subject: Re: January Althing
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:09 pm 

You mean December.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:13 pm 

December 11th has already passed, I assume January is correct

"Until we stop viewing making a knight into a non-knight a fate worse than death we'll never be able to clean up knighthood." - Glen

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:17 pm 

The post originally said "Jan 27th" instead of "December 27th" for the submission deadline. Submitting an althing item two weeks AFTER the althing isn't super helpful, which is why I said "You mean December."

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:27 pm 

ah, it was already corrected when I saw it.

"Until we stop viewing making a knight into a non-knight a fate worse than death we'll never be able to clean up knighthood." - Glen

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:44 pm 

2.) Changing the attendance policy to be the park day in a given month with the most sign ins instead of a weekly average. (This will be edited one the final wording is approved)

I think this is helpful to all parks.

The PM's are only "required" to post credits once a month. With this, a park will not be penalized for having a PM do this. We all know sometimes life jumps up and kicks someone in the teeth, especially PM's.

Also weekly averages hurt parks numbers. What if its a Kingdom day? That will hurt your home park, when a vast majority of your people go to that. Especially since we seem to have one of those a month lately. DM/WM not at your park? Same thing. Coronation/Mid Reign? Starting to see the trend here? Except for the first one, I know you are saying "but that is only once every 3 months at most".....but what if another park is doing something? Your calendar can fill up really fast if you are helping the Kingdom/visiting.

Once a month averages give a clearer indication on who is steadily showing up at a park. A better view of what is going on.

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:06 pm 

This is me submitting it to Forest

--------------------------------------

This item is not intended to be adopted “as written”, but to serve as a guideline of intent to be adopted into the relevant and appropriate documents using language judged suitable by the monarchy.

This item is provided “pass/fail” as many pieces only make sense when passed as a whole.

------Reign Scheduling Overhaul------
Part 1 - Move Crown Qualifications to midreign.
***Declarations would happen starting two weeks before midreign and run for a week after.
Elections would happen two weeks after midreign at local parks. This does not prevent local parks from holding their own, separate crown-qualifications for their members.

Part 2 - Remove the fighting requirement from Crown Qualifications and instead hold a Warmaster tournament at Midreign that is open to all participants.

Part 3 - Move Weaponmaster and Dragonmaster to Endreign/Coronation

Part 4 - Formally adopt a policy of holding standard EH camping events (excluding Bannerwars or anything else non-standard) in a location reasonably central to both the northern and southern population centers.
***This does not need to be Atoka, but Atoka does currently meet the guideline.

Part 5 - Formally adopt a policy that, when feasible and responsible financially and contractually, day-trippers to standard EH events (excluding Bannerwars or anything else non-standard) events will be charged a reduced rate when possible.
***This doesn’t mean it will happen every time, only that when it can be done, it will try to be accommodated. I think that’s the safest course at the moment.

Part 6 - Formally adopt a policy of having fighting tournaments be single-day events with between three and five categories. Tournaments should generally be targeted to fit within a four-hour time period so as to allow for battlegames and other activities at midreign and coronation.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:14 pm 

Details on item 1:

Raban was banned from participation within the EH for repeated incidents of physical aggression. These did not happen in the EH, but were pervasive enough that the EH felt it was an appropriate measure. The ban was for 5 years with the ability to review it after 2 years. The 2 year mark was May 2014, but at that time, there was another incident and charges were brought against Raban, so the review was tabled until the outcome of the court case. In Nov, 2014, the case was dismissed.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:25 pm 

Forest Evergreen wrote:
In Nov, 2104, the case was dismissed.

Your crystal ball is working better than expected, my liege.

---------------------------------------
"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
-George Bernard Shaw

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:42 pm 

LOL, man trying to post while dealing with students all day has not helped my spelling or detail checking lol

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:03 pm 

The way we are calculating park size now is the way that we have calculated park size for 24 of the 26 years of this Kingdom's existence (With a few minor changes back and forth as to whether or not visitors counted). It was changed in 2012 because getting average weekly park numbers from the ORK 2 required an incredible amount of work, and the rules were mostly ignored. The way we calculate it now is how the ORK 3 auto calculates attendance. There is literally no extra work that is required right now, aside from entering your park records properly.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:51 am 

Regarding Item 1... I am all about second chances, but the details as presented here do not give me enough information to feel I can make an informed vote. What could have been so awful that, when done in another kingdom, made us ban him from ours? And when he came up for review again, something else happened to make us put the review on hold? Dismissed or not, without more information, it's suspicious.

Is there nothing more that we, the voting populace, can be told, to allow us to make an informed decision?

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
-George Bernard Shaw

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:04 pm 

There were repeated incidents of Raban getting into fights at Spring War over the years. The reports were often mixed with people claiming he had started the fights to others claiming he acted in self defense. Most of them involved him headbutting someone. When the ban was up for review in May, he was stepping down as Monarch of the CK. That night, there was another incident and he again headbutted someone. This time they pressed charges so the review was tabled. The DA dropped the case last month.

The EH banned him via althing for these acts because regardless of where they occurred, it was looked at as a pattern of dangerous behavior in the game. Raban is on the EH FB page and can give you more details and his side of the situations.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:16 pm 

Thank you very much for the quick response. This, for me, is the level of detail I was needing.

-George Bernard Shaw

Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:47 pm 

BUMP. 3rd agenda item added and discussion topics.

Puppet Master of the EH

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard