Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:02 pm 

I've reviewed this, some thoughts:
* I like how the time to qualify is longer than a weekend. I think that is a step in the right direction. Nothing like running over to jump in war events, then run over for cultural events. Was a pain.

* I like how autocrating is being considered. Gate o'crat, feast o'crat, tourney crat. How about war-crat (battlegames) and event-crat? Essentially we are looking to recognize people running kingdom level things. (or if I read it right, three per each requirement at park levels).

* Since cultural and war events are still happening I would be up for adding the standard number entries in either as a choice for qualifying in the six month period. (example: gate o'crat, co-crat of feast, entered 10 war events)

* I agree with comments of giving this a trial period for say a year. Vote in the althing that we will try the system out and after a year's time have the vote to accept the new system. More would be willing to playtest something than to accept it right off.

It would be fun to track on here the participation as people are fulfilling their events towards qualifying. That would show how people are getting involved and how fluidly the system is working.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:46 pm 

So tracking what people do to qual would basically be a requirement.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:38 pm 

i've been reading over this, and i think given with time and patience, i think this would be a very beneficial change for EH in general. i'm totally open to an althing if need be so. once the bugs are worked out, this would be pretty awesome. and coming from someone who did spend/worry for months working on quals entries, it would be a hell of a lot less to spend financially and a lot less STRESS in dealing with getting ready to run for kingdom. this is absolutely awesome.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:20 pm 

Have there been any updates or further actions to put this proposal to an althing vote?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:09 pm 

I need to get it written up and submitted to Moose. I'll do that this week.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard