Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:08 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:35 pm
Posts: 1201
As a reminder, the new Procedure for rules revisions means that proposals will have to be presented at Clan, voted on to allow playtest and feedback for a whole year, and voted on again at the next Clan to be made permanent.

Approve all playtests from last year:
Changes to Brutal Strike
1.a Make Cursed permanent: "E: Victim is Cursed. Victim is also Suppressed for 30 seconds."

1.b. Change Brutal Strike in the ability block of Barbarian and Anti Paladin from "(m)" to “(ex)".

2. Remove Shield width (Shape) limitations
Delete Item 10 and renumber other items appropriately.

3. Allow Peasants to (choose to) use a Single Dagger or a Single Short.



Clan 2016 Rules Revision Proposals
Housekeeping issues:
1. Add “Common Misinterpretations Made Easy” to the rulebook.
Document created by RRO and Representatives addressing commonly raised
issues. Can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/17681264 ... 937248768/

2. Roll all RRO clarifications/errata in to the rulebook.
This would place all the clarifications within the rules they address rather
than having a separate errata sheet.

Class Entries

3. Replace Paladin and Anti-Paladin with classes open to all players.
a. The classes in the rulebook that are restricted to knights only (i.e.
Paladin and Anti-Paladin) should be removed, and replaced with
options that are open to all?
If yes to a.:
b. The rules rep organizer shall convene a committee to create and
balance two new classes to replace Paladin and Anti-Paladin, for
presentation at the next circle of monarch's meeting at Clan 2017 as a
rules change proposal?

4. Change garb entries to make clear garb is always required to play a class.
Replace each classes Garb entry with: "Garb: medieval/sword and sorcery
looking garb and X" with X being the current entry.

General Rules changes

5. Add Reserved Symbols for all masterhoods
Add the following as restricted symbols under the Masters section on page 3:
Rose: Gold Phoenix on white background
Smith: Gold Phoenix on grey background
Lion: Gold Phoenix on purple background
Owl: Gold Phoenix on brown background
Dragon: Gold Phoenix on green background
Garber: Gold Phoenix on blue background
Warrior: Gold Phoenix on red background

6. Require announcing end of certain states
Add the following to the “States Defined” section on page 51:
“If a State which prevented a player from moving expires due to its duration
ending, the player it affected must declare "No longer [State that ended]".
This must be audible out to 20 feet”

7. Prohibit throwing shields.
Remove shield rule number 11.
Rationale: This is the only instance where tossing equipment is not illegal.
This is a very strange and incredibly specific exception to how everything
else works. You can't throw your sword, ever. Heck you can't even swing
your sword at an arrow, but you can toss your shield at an arrow. It is
dangerous, counter intuitive, and only effective for a small subset of players
who know how to do it well, and who use specific subtype of shield.
Whenever it happens the opponent's first reaction is almost always
confusion, with a disbelief that this is a legal tactic. It seems unfair to be able
to completely avoid any repercussions, with no loss of usability for the user
of this tactic. With the overall nerf to spellballs and archery that accompanied
V8, I think this tactic is not needed, and makes a confusing exception to an
otherwise monolithic rule.

Ability Changes

8. Remove Strip requirement from COP
Pg. 55 - Circle of Protection – Remove Enchantment Strip requirement
Rationale: This brings CoP more in line with Bard Songs and similar abilities.
Award Standardization Changes

9. Make Award Standardization changes Easier
a. Make award standardization changes require a 75% super majority
rather than a 100% unanimous vote.
b. If a. Passes: This ruling shall apply to this year’s proposals

10. Add Kingdom GMR to Knight of the Crown qualifications
Change the requirements for Knight of the Crown from:
Crown: A player may become eligible for Knight of the Crown after serving
with excellence, and completing, four terms in any of the following offices, in
any combination, at kingdom level: Monarch, Regent, Prime Minister, or
Champion. A player may become eligible for Knight of the Crown after
serving with excellence, and completing, six terms in any of the following
offices, in any combination, at duchy level or higher: Monarch, Regent, Prime
Minister, or Champion. Note: The position of Kingdom Monarch counts as
two offices. The position of Champion can only be counted once toward these
qualifications.
To:
Crown: A player may become eligible for Knight of the Crown after serving
with excellence, and completing, four terms in any of the following offices, in
any combination, at kingdom level: Monarch, Regent, Prime Minister,
Champion, or Guildmaster of Reeves. A player may become eligible for Knight
of the Crown after serving with excellence, and completing, six terms in any
of the following offices, in any combination, at duchy level or higher:
Monarch, Regent, Prime Minister, or Champion. Note: The position of
Kingdom Monarch counts as two offices. The positions of Champion and
Guildmaster of Reeves can only be counted once each toward these
qualifications.

11. Add consultation of the CoK to Knighthood standards and description.
a. On page 3 under knighthood add “The Kingdom Circle of Knights
should be consulted prior to the grant of any Knighthood according to
the granting Kingdom's traditions.” (this is a rules change, not an
Award Standard change, but is included here for consistency)
b. On page 69 at the end of the knighthood section add: “The Kingdom
Circle of Knights should be consulted prior to the grant of any
Knighthood according to the granting Kingdom's traditions.”

_________________
Brennon wrote:
The V8 mindset is not about "what is the minimum I can get away with doing" but rather "how can we all use these rules fairly so the game runs smoothly and we all have a good time."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:16 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:35 pm
Posts: 1201
Circles of Monarchs Meeting 2016

Transcribed by Promethea and Petra


1.Kingdom Pre-Bids (Northreach, Winter’s Edge)
2.Kingdom Bid (Polaris)
3.Playtest Rules
4.Award Standardization
5.Additional Proposals
6.Olympiad Committee
7.Ombudsman Report
8.Ombudsman Appointment (Leah)
9.Amtgard C.A.R.E.S.
10.Technical Report (Meggido)
11.Amtgard Sexual Harassment/Assault Policies Proposal
12.AIBOD Update
13.Executive Committee
14.New Contracts
15.AIBOD Elections
16.Trademark Dispute Guidance



Circle of Monarchs meeting starts at 10 AM.


Kingdom Pre-Bids


Northreach goes over the contents of their booklet. It is a very short presentation, and they remind all monarchs that they’re very accessible for questions both at the event and afterwards.


Winter’s Edge brings Prince Payum before the CoM. This is their second pre-bid, and they’re hoping that this one will go much more smoothly. The main issue in the previous pre-bid was their numbers being low, which has changed. They are in the process of registering as an NPO.

Their monthly unique player average is 82.5.


Kingdom Bid


Polaris brings their prince before the court. The formation of Polaris was in 2012, a principality formed out of groups after the splinter of Rivermoor and Olympus in 2008. Polaris runs four events per calendar year, including being involved with Keep on the Borderlands. Their monthly unique player average is 122.3. The PL Knights circle is made up of knights from DS, WL, BL, IM and RW as well as a homegrown PL knight. Knights are required to wait 9-12 months before they can be Knighted in Polaris.


Kaads expresses how proud he is of Polaris, saying that their events are excellent.


Kalevra asks why monarchs don’t get to say when a person is Knighted and is wondering if that’s a limitation in their corpora (if the 9-12 months is mandatory, taking that decision away from the monarch). Raphael says that their monarch could choose to Knight at any time, but that they strongly recommend going with the timeframe and the CoK’s decision.


Vote is called. Vote passes unanimously (17 yes, 0 no).


* * Hail Polaris, the 18th Kingdom of Amtgard! * *


Playtest Rules


Note: Votes in this section require 75% approval or better to pass.

Playtest proposals from 2015 are brought up. It’s suggested that the CoM opt to vote for them as a package. This includes:


•Changes to Brutal Strike
•1.a Make Cursed Permanent: “E: Victim is Cursed. Victim is also Suppressed for 30 seconds.”
•1.b Change Brutal Strike in the ability block of Barbarian and Anti Paladin from “(m)” to “(ex).”

•Removing Shield Shape Limitations
•6.a Delete Item 10 and renumber other items appropriately.

•Allow Peasants to use a Single Dagger or a Single Short


Vote is called. Vote passes unanimously (17 yes, 0 no).


Rules Revisions


1.Add “Common Misinterpretations Made Easy” to the Rulebook.
Passed (16 yes, Burning Lands votes no).


2. Roll all RRO clarifications/errata into the rulebook.
Passed unanimously (17 yes, 0 no). Medryn suggests that it’s possible to put out a new rulebook revision by the end of 2016, though he acknowledges that requires getting in touch with the designers of the book if anything needs to be changed in the layout.


3. Replace Paladin and Anti-Paladin with classes open to all players.

1.The classes in the rulebook that are restricted to knights only (ie. Paladin and Anti Paladin) should be removed and replaced with options that are open to all.


2.The rules rep organizer shall convene a committee to create and balance two new classes to replace Paladin and Anti Paladin, for presentation at the next circle of monarch’s meeting at Clan 2017 as a rules change proposal.


Randall jokes that if we vote yes to a) and no to b) Medryn should write classes himself.


Vote is taken on a) and fails (Goldenvale, Golden Plains and Rising Winds vote yes, 14 no.)


Kaads really is a fan of the classes but doesn’t like that they’re limited to players with Knighthood status. He would love to see unique abilities for both classes in addition to the possibility of new classes.

Kalevra reminds the CoM that P/AP use medium to heavy armour and removing them would be extremely unbalancing.

Barrage seconds this, and suggests that adding classes will also unbalance the game, which is what Kaads is proposing.

Nim’Ruin says that this version of V8 is very accessible to new players and that he found the game extremely easy to learn in this state. He is not in favour of large changes to this version at this time.

Brennon adds that this is two questions:
- Do we want Paladin and Anti Paladin in the game?
- If we don’t, what do we want instead?

Meggido is allowed to speak from the audience and points out that Paladin and Anti Paladin are a large part of our culture, and that this would be a large change to our culture that we would be making on a political level.

After this discussion, a second vote on a) is called. Vote fails (Goldenvale, Golden Plains and Rising Winds vote yes, 14 no.)

Since proposal a) fails, a vote on proposal b) is not called and the discussion is tabled.


4. Change garb entires to make clear garb is always required to play a class.

Replace each class’s garb entry with: “Garb: medieval/sword and sorcery looking garb and X”, with X being the current entry.

Scary points out that the terminology in this proposal could be considered to be very limiting. Medryn counters that the terms used (medieval, sword and sorcery) are already included in the rulebook and we would be changing how they’re displayed rather than adding anything new.

Vote is called. Vote passes (14 yes, Desert Winds, Neverwinter and Burning Lands vote no.)


5. Add reserved symbols for all Masterhoods.

Add the following as restricted symbols under the Masters section on page 3:

Rose: Gold phoenix on white background
Smith: Gold phoenix on grey background
Lion: Gold phoenix on purple background
Owl: Gold phoenix on brown background
Dragon: Gold phoenix on green background
Garber: Gold phoenix on blue background
Warrior: Gold phoenix on red background

A reminder is made that this is is for ladder award masterhoods, not class masterhoods.

Vote is called. Vote passes unanimously (17 yes, 0 no).


Nexus seems grumpy and when asked why, replies that he voted the way the people wanted him to vote. There is a round of applause.


6. Require announcing the end of certain states

Add the following to the “States Defined” section on page 51:

“If a State which prevented a player from moving expires due to its duration ending, the player it affected must declare, “No longer [State that ended]”. This must be audible out to 20 feet.

Vote is called. Vote passes unanimously (17 yes, 0 no).

There is some discussion about whether or not a person should also be required to call out a count when they're returning from Nirvana into the game. Barrage suggests that a player should call down from five audibly.

Second vote is called. Vote passes unanimously (17 yes, 0 no).


7. Prohibit throwing shields
Remove shield rule number 11.

Vote is called. Vote fails (6 yes, 11 no).


8. Remove Strip requirement from COP
Pg. 55 - Circle of Protection - Remove Enchantment Strip requirement

Vote is called. Vote passes (16 yes, Celestial Kingdom no).


Award Standardization


Note: Votes in this section require 100% approval to pass.
9. Make Award Standardization changes Easier
1.Make award standardization changes require a 75% super majority rather than a 100% unanimous vote.
2.If a) passes: this ruling shall apply to this year’s proposals.

Vote is called. Vote fails (13 yes, Celestial Kingdom, Burning Lands, Wetlands, Golden Plains vote no.)


There is discussion about the number required for a majority.

Nexus thinks that one person voting to stall a proposal is an issue. TERMUS thinks that 75% is too low, since 25% is a quarter of Kingdoms. Brennon points out we can vote out a monarch in the Bylaws. This can be used as a repercussion for someone stalling votes repeatedly.

Caliana says that when a representative isn’t sent this can also stall a vote.

Nim’Ruin says that there are few 100% votes required on anything in the world. This type of vote is not progressive.

Second vote is called. Vote fails (12 yes, Celestial Kingdom, Burning Lands, Westmarch, Wetlands, Golden Plains vote no)

10. Add Kingdom GMR to Knight of the Crown qualifications

Vote is called. Vote fails (11 yes, Burning Lands, Westmarch, Tal Dagore, Wetlands, and Golden Plains vote no. Rising Winds abstains.)

Ormar feels that GMRs are of note and deserve recognition, and that in his Kingdom GMRs are very hard working.

Barrage feels that they don’t have enough responsibility. Ormar agrees and says that we should discuss it. Kaads says they have lots of responsibilities in overseeing smaller parks and in organization at a Kingdom level.

Clalibus is called on from the audience. He feels this change would make Crown belts a lot easier and dilute the quality of the belts that exist.

Second vote is called. Vote fails (10 yes, Burning Lands, Westmarch, Tal Dagore, Wetlands, Rivermoor and Golden Plains vote no. Rising Winds abstains.)


11. Add consultation of the CoK to Knighthood standards and description.

1.On page 3 under knighthood add “The Kingdom Circle of Knights should be consulted prior to the grant of any Knighthood according to the granting Kingdom’s traditions.” This is a rules change, not an Award Standard change, but it included here for consistency.

2.On page 69 at the end of the knighthood section add: “ The Kingdom should be consulted to the grant of any Knighthood according to the granting Kingdom’s traditions.”

Vote is called on a). Vote fails (12 yes, Desert Winds, Celestial Kingdom, Burning Lands, Tal Dagore and Golden Plains vote no.)

Vote is called on b). Vote fails. (9 yes, 6 no, 2 abstain.)

Yes - Neverwinter, Dragon Spine, Iron Mountains, Goldenvale, Crystal Groves, Northern Lights, Emerald Hills, Blackspire and Wetlands.

No - Desert Winds, Celestial Kingdom, Burning Lands, Westmarch, Rivermoor, Golden Plains.

Abstain - Tal Dagore and Rising Winds.


Additional Proposals


a) Rules changes from the above section will be added “today”, meaning the CoM will not wait a year to put them into place. They will be added to the rulebook in the next revision.


BS requests changing the rules revision page to reflect the actual processes followed at the CoM

Medryn agrees to begin the process, asking whether non-substantive changes just voted in should be included in the impending revised rulebook release. Also asks whether changes added last year should be voted on for ratification per current procedure.

Promethea asks for clarification on the actual proposal being voted on

The way the rules are set up, theoretically revisions are presented at one CoM, playtested, then ratified the next year- for substantive changes. Last year, the CoM said that playtested revisions would follow that, but that non-playtest revisions would be added directly. These were changes Medryn probably could have made in his capacity as RRO, but the CoM decided to make them official immediately. Do we want to do that again this year, or follow the process in the back of the rulebook that would require another vote next year?

Casca: updating involves a lot of layout work that our volunteers may not be able to handle a year from now, but they are very able to accomplish it if work begins in the near future.

Changes will be officially included in the rulebook and released immediately.

Vote is called. Vote passes unanimously (17 yes, 0 no.)


b) A moratorium on changes to the rulebook. No changes will be made to the rulebook for 3 years (until 2019). This can be overturned by a vote of the CoM at any time in the case of a game-breaking issue, and certain types of changes (typos, capitalization, grammar) can still be made.


Medryn: When we started this process, we wanted the rules to be flexible. We're two years in and the rulebook is tight now- clarifications are working. Change fatigue is dangerous- learning new rules and changes every year is exhausting both for players and volunteers burdened with the logistics of those changes. Should we be looking at any more major changes, or leaving it alone a while?

Medryn predicts that no major changes would need to be made for at least 3 years

Straw poll for discussion – Tabled


Vote is called. Vote passes (12 yes, Desert Winds, Celestial Kingdom, Black Spire, Golden Plains and Wetlands vote no.)


LUNCH - 12:28 Meeting reconvenes


Olympiad Committee


Barrage, Petra, and Kat will be the team overseeing Olympiad moving forward. Should the Circle of Monarchs decide that they want ownership of Olympiad, the Burning Lands is willing to work on getting permission from its populace to create a timetable for turnover.

Olympiad will be moving to a bidded system ASAP.

The committee submits its Bid Process document and solicits feedback and changes from the Circle within three months. Should the bidded system not be implemented in time, Olympiad will be awarded to Polaris for 2019.

There is a suggestion of moving the owner status of Olympiad to the CoM from Burning Lands. This new system will allow Kingdoms to bid for Olympiad to take place at an event of their choice, though ideally the events will be 7-12 months apart.

The team is asked what happens if a Kingdom bids two years in a row. Petra explains that ideally that Kingdom would not be the only Kingdom to apply in the second year, so another location would be chosen.


Ombudsman Report

The report is presented by Kiara and Sindari.

17 complaints for the last team for one year. Thus far 25+ complaints for this year

•Trends and themes: Bullying and cronyism
•Blind eye being turned to bad behavior
•unavailable or unhelpful officers
•“unfair” bans- kingdoms not following CoC or Corpora


Sindari: If I'm stepping in, that person has already tried. This is how we lose players. Full report is available and will be made available online

Kiara: Unfair bans and lack of due process has been a major theme. Another to look at is what is the role of the moderator on the Amtgard page, and is there a standard of behavior there that the CoM wants to enforce.

Kelbo: is there a record of how problems have been resolved and can that be made available?

Yes

Sponge: Are there recurring solutions to go with the recurring problems?

Yes

Medryn: Can a best practices document be established for kingdoms to look at and adopt for how to handle management of populace concerns?

Yes


Ombudsman Appointment (Leah)


An appointment of a third Ombudsman is required as Promethea has become the interim ExComm Secretary.

WMM: Leah is already the person you go to when you need discreet council and sensitive action in Westmarch, and can carry that into the national role. Both Sindari and Kiara give their endorsements.
Randall: Leah has confirmed both her time and interest

CK: Are monarchs ever asked for their recommendations to eliminate the possibility that the pool for election is too small?

IM: We selected the ExComm to do this research on our behalf knowing that they are able to select a qualified candidate, and that they have a history of doing so successfully.

BS: More materials need to be provided in advance so that monarchs can do their due diligence.

Promethea: We all had to put forth resumes. There is and has been the ability to read those or contact all of these people.
Brennon: This isn't an emergency vote. It can take place online later if the majority of monarchs are not comfortable confirming this candidate today.

Vote is called. Vote passes (12 yes, Celestial Kingdom, Burning Lands, Goldenvale, Crystal Groves vote no, Blackspire abstains. )

Leah of Westmarch is now the third Ombudsman on the Ombudsman team, alongside Sindari and Kiara.

RM: is there a max number of ombudsmen?

Sindari: 3 is a manageable number because the team has to work both internally and externally.


Amtgard C.A.R.E.S


We've taken steps to legitimize ourselves as a game, but we've never really established ourselves so far as our values with regard to knightly values like character within the game. This is a grassroots program to promote the positive values of Community, Acceptance, Respect, Encouragement, and Support.

Anyone interested in this can contact Goldcrest directly to lend a hand.


Technical Report (Meggido)

Policy so far has been to encourage self-governance, as each part largely came with its own team already.

We are only stepping in for things like personnel issues.

Moving forward, there are groups on Facebook that we use for coordinating these efforts, like ORK Updates. The Amtgard Technical Resources group is viewable, if not joinable.

There is an issue with the Twitter account, that it may or may not be owned by an Amtgarder already. Twitter requires a registered trademark to seize the account.

The resources for Amtgard.com and the ORK are quite modest, and the ORK takes up a large chunk of the .com servers. Goal is for Megiddo to take ownership of the actual domain from Rakhir, and to improve our available resources. Cost is to the tune of $300/year. This will allow for AmtWiki transfer and upgrades.

Primary goals for the next year include trademark resolution for Twitter. Governance and continuity policies need to be created as well.

What platform are you planning to use? Looking to move to a VPS, possibly on Dreamhost or Digital Ocean because they cap costs in the case of things like DdoS attacks.

Randall: There is no means by which the CoM or ExComm can compel funds

IM offers $100

WM offers $100

Medryn interjects to ask for a specific vote. Asking for funds for every single instance of need is untenable. Megiddo is or will be an employee of Amtgard International, so it makes sense that governance of digital resources should be considered part of the corporate goal of AI. Then any monies sent to AI can be directly managed from the AI bank account. Ownership would then be retained by AI to prevent the potential issues involved with individual players owning Amtgard resources.

Vote is called. Vote passes unanimously (17 yes, 0 no).


Amtgard Sexual Harassment/Assault Policies Proposal

Item 1. Sex offenders: Upon gaining knowledge that a player is a RSO, they are completely dissociated from the game immediately, and that information is spread to other kingdoms.

CK: There are an extremely broad range of offenses that get you on the RSO list, and there is no way to differentiate. This may open us up to discrimination claims.

Sho (Northern Lights): By the end of the year, we hope our Bod and officers will have access to free background checks through police resources. We will have questions for felony conviction and sexual nature on our waivers and compare those against our resources. Similar local resources may be available.
Medryn: This is asking AI to create a national policy. There's not a problem with that, but if you're going to ask it, ask us to look into it and find a legally appropriate proposal, rather than approving specific language now that may prove legally problematic.

Medryn suggests that if this is something all Kingdoms are interested in, this is something that the AIBoD can investigate and restructure the language of so it suits all Kingdoms as legally as possible. Promethea asks if there can be a timeline on this, even if that is two years away. Medryn suggests 6 months.

Vote is called for Item 1, with the caveat that this is an investigation. Vote passes unanimously (17 yes, 0 no.)

CoM is asked if Item 2 can be added to item one, with everything to be done as a package. CoM agrees ( no voting ).

AIBOD Update

•Incorporated in CO
•Bylaws completed
•Trademark dispute initiated
•Bank account established with initial funds
•Rulebook copyright transferred this morning
•Federal EIN received
•Freehold corpora/contract completed


New clause: All bylaw changes by AIBOD must be ratified by CoM vote before they become official.

The question is asked “On the license agreement it says we have the sole and exclusive ownership of the trademark - is that true given this trademark dispute?”

Medryn says yes, because of how trademarks work. But from a bylaws perspective, it's us saying that we all as signatories agree to this concept of sole ownership by AI.

Contracts – Tabled until a new draft of the contract can be assembled and released.

Brennon wants to talk about what things we feel should be national level issues vs local level issues.

The contract should reflect the things we actually care about. If we think there are areas of flexibility and inflexibility, we need to identify those and codify them in a way that still allows kingdoms to feel comfortable signing

Note: At this point, it is proposed that Polaris be included in the votes going forward. There are some details of positions and contracts that will affect them directly.

Vote is called. Vote passes unanimously (17 yes, 0 no.)

Further votes will now be out of 18, to include Polaris.

Certain items set down by the CoM or AIBoD should be national, but the CoM is in agreement that there are other things that should be handled Kingdom by Kingdom.

CoM dictates cannot infringe on anything that has been reserved for the local level, unless there is a higher-majority (75% or better) vote to revise those standards.

Brennon asks that each Monarch take a second to write down three things that they think should be set at a National level, and three things that should be set at a Kingdom (Local) level. Every Monarch turns over a piece of paper with their items and Sponge proceeds to summarize them and break them into topics that are mentioned multiple times.

With that done, Brennon lists off the items and starts a series of straw polls where Monarchs raise their hands if they feel an item should be set at a certain level.


Topics that should be dictated at a Local Level

Awards: 18 hands
Scheduling of reigns and events: 18 hands
Quest: 18 hands
Corpora: 15 hands
Garb standards:18 hands
On the subject of dues, Kingdoms agree Amtgard should be free to play but dues can be variable.
On the subject of event rules, 16 Kingdoms feel that you should be able to alter or suspend non-safety Amtgard rules for specific games or events.

Topics that should be dictated at a National Level
Equipment Safety: 18 hands
Non-equipment safety (grappling, checking, touching while casting): 18 hands
Rules Revision process

Credits per month: 9 hands
•Brennon asks if Kingdoms agree you can only take one field credit per day, everyone agrees.
•Brennon asks if Kingdoms agree that you can issue special event credits at will, everyone agrees.
Credits at your level (play only the level that you have credits for) 15 hands
•There is discussion that level tests should still be taken even if you’re playing above your level.
•Brennon asks if Kingdoms agree that as a hardline, you should play at your level all the time without exception: 0 hands.
•As a general rule, exceptions can be made with notice and reason, most seem to agree.

Should there be a national policy for event running and organizational safety: 5 hands
•Brennon asks if Kingdoms would like some policies covering critical areas like children, minors, banned members: 15 in hands
•Brennon asks if Amtgard should prepare and circulate a policy that deals with these items but not details: 13 in favor


Board of Directors Policies and Powers

Should Amtgard dictate standardized boards and policies: No
Would Kingdoms like basic guidelines for structure of a BoD: 10 hands
Should we set BoD member term definitions and limits: 3 hands
Should we limit consecutive terms: General disagreement.
Should we dictate who elects the board: 4 hands
Should we limit scope of authority (BoD can’t change Corpora): 4 hands
Should there be a minimum # of board members: 5 hands
Should there be transparent BoD meetings (public minutes): 11 hands
Someone asks if the CoM would like a guide to best practices: 16 hands


On the subject of waivers, Medryn says it's not really possible to have a good national waiver. You should consult with an attorney in your own jurisdiction to draft an appropriate waiver. He recommends this very highly, saying that it is the smartest and safest legal action to take.


Executive Committee


Both Randall and Promethea have straw polls in favor of staying in their current pro-tem positions.

CK raises concerns about any indefinite terms. Asks that ExComm be removed and replaced, or that definite term limits and requirements be put in place.

BS raises concerns about positional inertia and dependency upon single individuals

RW calls for votes on Randall, Promethea, and to stop talking about this topic.

Vote is called to elect Randall in as the Presidency of the ExComm. Vote passes (15 yes, Celestial Kingdom, Burning Lands, and Golden Plains vote no.)

Vote is called to elect Promethea in as the Secretary of the ExComm. Vote passes (16 yes, Celestial Kingdom and Burning Lands vote no.)

Vote is called to table all further discussion of the ExComm. Vote passes (13 yes, Celestial Kingdom, Neverwinter, Burning Lands, Westmarch and Wetlands vote no.)


New Contracts


With the creation of Amtgard International, there will be new contracts made for every Kingdom to sign. These will replace the existing contracts, and will be what every new group signs when they start participating in Amtgard and become a registered group.

The goal is to get the contract you want that everyone can sign. Nothing is being forced on anyone. Medryn asks if there are questions about parts of the contract.

TD: Clarify indemnify section

TD: Make sure that the doc says Amtgard International, Inc. at every instance and not Amtgard, Inc., AI, or any other permutation.

No other substantive changes or suggestions.


AIBOD Election


This year there is a transitionary board that is technically outgoing. Elections need to be held for new members (four in total). The two highest vote-getters will be Class 1 (2-year term), others will be Class 2 (1-year term).


Kingdoms are asked to nominate members. There is no limit to the number of nominations from a kingdom.

IM: Kord, Ormar, Brennon, Sponge

CK: Kitheria

Each member stands and gives a short speech about their commitment to Amtgard, their term served, and thanks the CoM.

Vote is called. Each Kingdom needs to choose 4 members:

•DW: Ormar, Brennon, Kord, Sponge
•CK: Sponge, Kord, Kitheria, Ormar
•NW: Ormar, Sponge, Kord, Kitheria
•DS: Brennon, Ormar, Kord, Sponge
•BL: Ormar, Kitheria, Kord, Brennon
•IM: Kord, Ormar, Brennon, Sponge
•GV: Ormar, Kord, Sponge, Kitheria
•CG: Ormar, Kord, Sponge, Brennon
•NL: Sponge, Ormar, Kitheria, Brennon
•BS: Brennon, Kord, Kitheria, Ormar
•WM: Kord, Brennon, Sponge, Ormar
•EH: Ormar, Kord, Sponge, Kitheria
•TD: Ormarr, Kord, Brennon, Sponge
•RM: Kord, Brennon, Ormar, Sponge
•WL: Ormar, Brennon, Sponge, Kord
•GP: Sponge, Kitheria, Kord, Ormar
•RW: Kord, Brennon, Ormar, Sponge
•PL: Brennon, Kord, Ormar, Sponge


Ormarr 18
Kord 17
Sponge 16
Brennon 13

Ormarr and Kord will serve 2 year terms.
Sponge and Brennon will serve 1 year terms.

Kitheria is thanked for her time and excellent service. There is a round of applause.


Trademark Dispute Guidance

Medryn is asked to give us guidance on how to proceed with the trademark dispute initiated due to a conflict with a filing made by Jesus Salang. There are three options:

1.Continue to monitor and hope the trademark examiner finds properly, then file our own application. Lowest effort. Risks that we may have to go on defensive later.

2.We file our own competing application and be prepared to file a trademark objection.

3.Trademark infringement lawsuit, likely in Virginia, file our claim, proceed with litigation. Very expensive

All options cost money. Medryn is not a trademark attorney and cannot vigorously represent us in this. He recommends a trademark lawyer.

Costs

1.No immediate cost, a couple thousand moving forward
2.Couple thousand up-front for the application and probably $10,000 retainer to have an attorney monitoring and ready to file the objection.
3.$20,000+


Medryn suggests that we file to establish a competing claim and begin raising funds.

IM: What is your confidence level with each option?

We are likely to win the trademark claim, we just have to go through the process. The all-out option (3) isn't really worth it, because monetary damages aren't really being caused right now. It's a strong message, but an expensive message to send.

How soon can we start raising these funds legally?

As soon as AIBOD can sign the contract with the registration company, we will be advised how many states we need to register in and the cost of such. It will be a couple of months, but the board will move on it as fast as they can without running afoul of solicitation laws.

Funds can already be raised in Texas and Colorado, due to the nature of our filings.

Brennon advocates that we do the most fundraising possible in a single pass, both to prepare for the worst and to avoid fundraising fatigue.

Vote is called to begin fundraising for the 20k cost option to cover all possible outcomes. Vote passes (18 yes, 0 no).

Circle of Monarchs meeting concludes 4:48PM.

_________________
Brennon wrote:
The V8 mindset is not about "what is the minimum I can get away with doing" but rather "how can we all use these rules fairly so the game runs smoothly and we all have a good time."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:35 pm
Posts: 1201
Just the rules changes that passed:

Playtest changes that are now official:
•Changes to Brutal Strike
•1.a Make Cursed Permanent: “E: Victim is Cursed. Victim is also Suppressed for 30 seconds.”
•1.b Change Brutal Strike in the ability block of Barbarian and Anti Paladin from “(m)” to “(ex).”

•Removing Shield Shape Limitations
•6.a Delete Item 10 and renumber other items appropriately.

•Allow Peasants to use a Single Dagger or a Single Short

Non-playtest changes that are now in effect:

4. Change garb entries to make clear garb is always required to play a class.
Replace each class’s garb entry with: “Garb: medieval/sword and sorcery looking garb and X”, with X being the current entry.

5. Add reserved symbols for all Masterhoods.
Add the following as restricted symbols under the Masters section on page 3:

Rose: Gold phoenix on white background
Smith: Gold phoenix on grey background
Lion: Gold phoenix on purple background
Owl: Gold phoenix on brown background
Dragon: Gold phoenix on green background
Garber: Gold phoenix on blue background
Warrior: Gold phoenix on red background

6. Require announcing the end of certain states
Add the following to the “States Defined” section on page 51:
“If a State which prevented a player from moving expires due to its duration ending, the player it affected must declare, “No longer [State that ended]”. This must be audible out to 20 feet.

8. Remove Strip requirement from COP
Pg. 55 - Circle of Protection - Remove Enchantment Strip requirement

Other Votes:
a) Rules changes from the above section will be added “today”, meaning the CoM will not wait a year to put them into place. They will be added to the rulebook in the next revision (by the end of 2016).

_________________
Brennon wrote:
The V8 mindset is not about "what is the minimum I can get away with doing" but rather "how can we all use these rules fairly so the game runs smoothly and we all have a good time."


Last bumped by Elder Vermilion on Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:27 pm.

Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron