Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:19 pm 

Hail Emerald Hills!

I would like to be your King, Again!

I have several great ideas I would like to incorporate within our Kingdom this reign that will help promote communication and interaction amongst our populace as well as promote growth.

One - bring back our Monthly Newsletter, Echo of the Hills, to help drive communication and interaction amongst our parks throughout our Kingdom. I feel this tool could be utilized to help our parks stay engaged, connected and stay informed of each parks activities. This will also give our artisans, poets and writers a constant outlet to ply their trade as much as our fighters do theirs every week on the battlefield.

Two – Every park and kingdom sees the ebb and flow of attendance. It is the greatest battle that we fight at park level all the way up to Kingdom level. One of our biggest struggles comes from recruiting and bringing new players into our game. March will bring Spring Muster. Started last year, Spring Muster is an Amtgard-wide initiative to increase our recruiting efforts. In an effort to encourage participation from every park, I have a challenge! If you schedule and run two demo days in your community or run a booth/fighter pit and demos at a convention/Ren Faire/Med Faire for a weekend during my reign and I will reward your park with personalized business cards and flyers to help promote your park!

I will continue to work on an inter-kingdom level with The Wetlands encouraging and promoting the park visits between our kingdoms parks as well as hosting World Banner Wars. Additionally, I will forge ahead with Rivermoor as we work to make Known World War the premier inter-kingdom event of the spring.

I would like to hold open discussions on:
-Improving our Guildmaster system/Paragon eligibility
-Joining the inter-kingdom ban treaty
-Setting up a bid process for parks to host annual kingdom CTC and Collegium
-Setting up the ability to have electronic payments at gate and pre-registration for events.

But Bjorn what about you reign theme?
My reign theme – Vikings of course! They love to drink, fight, raid, steal, drink, sing, pick fights, drink, pillage, travel...did I mention Drink and Fight!
I have a great storyline rooted in Norse mythology with some awesome battle games and quests planned out in a modular style to allow parks to run them at their leisure each month. This will allow each park the flexibility to fit the Kingdom quests and battle games into their schedules to help avoid conflict with a park’s own reign theme. Each battle game and quest will earn a park experience as well as loot in the form of gold as well as magical items like potions, wands, and scrolls to be used at park(with champion approval) and kingdom level games and quests. The experience will be tracked for each park and the park with the most experience at the end of my reign will win a custom banner and award the title of the top RP park of the EH!

Park Visits – I will continue with my tradition of visiting every park in our Kingdom as well as any park petitioning to be part of the EH.

As always I am open to your questions, concerns, and even criticism (keep it constructive of course)!

Vote for a Viking – Bjorn Banhammer for King!

In Service to The Dream
Grand Duke Sir Bjorn Banhammer the Storm Crowned

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard