Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:37 pm 

Subgroup corpora now reads:
Section IX.A as follows, reads:
Subgroup size/status is calculated by highest Monthly Attendance: The park day with the
highest number of players (age 8 and older) that sign in at that Subgroup during the month.

Suggest we alter Section IX.A as follows to read
Subgroup size / status is calculated by highest Monthly Attendance: The park week with the highest number of players (age 8 and oler) that sign in at that Subgroup during the month.

Thinking: Since fighter practices are fully part of the weekly happening for every park, adding the numbers attending such practices are fully part of the overall numbers for any given week for a park.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:29 pm 

Suggest changing wording of proposal to this:

Subgroup size/status is calculated by highest Monthly Attendance: The park week with the most unique player sign ins (age 8 and older) at that subgroup in that month.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:27 pm 

I have a few concerns with this proposal. If we count the attendance from fighter practices towards park size then it could falsely inflate the estimated number for an expected park day. If a park is a shire but because of fighter practice it has barony numbers and someone shows up to a normal park day they will be expecting barony numbers, not shire numbers. Also, currently with the way the Corpora is written you can have a park day every day of the week. If a park decides to do this then the attendance will be grossly inflated. Currently with the way this proposal and the Corpora are written I do not think this is a good idea for our Kingdom.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:24 pm 

Sara Lewis, many kingdoms, many parks don’t normally have ‘official’ fighter practices. It’s normally a temporary thing that organically evolves like Skytale’s has. But temporary can mean anything from one to several years. They are subject to weather, but it’s only been in the past 5-10 years that those who tegularly attend a more distant FP won’t also do the normal park day. Yet in their numbers, their very existence, they support our land and our game. It’s time they count toward their park numbers. Tyrle in BF, about 3-5 of our folks who simply go there due to schedules/gas/work, whatever. ES Myadeeb, other knights, squires who just want to stick it out together. If we support them, then at some point, maybe we can also look at alternative answers for Amtgard overall attendance, like Wednesday night park day, fighting at Skytale’s. Doing this is only one step in telling these stick lovers that they matter.

Now to your point. Falsely inflated numbers. No, it would be correctly recorded numbers. Someone expecting Barony numbers in a park: A simple caveot on our web page, a little "be aware" or even "our ditching day meeting is..." Is not only easy, doable, but even advantageous in terms of opportunity to draw in those for whom weekends, traditional distance are also a consideration. In a been part of the game long enough to understand that if we open to more opportunities to belong, and participate, then more will not just visit, but stay.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:55 pm 

I would just like to post an update. I am still reviewing other Kingdom's Corporas. I have about half of them reviewed. Hopefully, I will have a determination on this by the May Althing.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » General Amtgard