Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: To rid some apathy...
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:58 am 

"Mistress, someone has declared for the final Guild Master position", one of her "kingdom approved" servants said as he brought her an updated scroll. (Yeah, she scrapped the minions after the unfortunate mishap...)
Once again it was election session for the Kingdom of the Emerald Hills. And once again one of the most contested races was not for any High Office, but that of a Guild Master.
"And who stepped up to be the lucky place holder," she mumbled to herself as he handed her the scroll.
She stared at it in disbelief. She read again. Surely this was a misprint. "Um, is this a joke? You must have brought the wrong scroll."
"No, they double and triple checked before releasing it."
"But it says Sir Nevron Dreadstar is the one who declared for Guild Master of Paladins?"
"The Darklord Himself."
"Nevron, PALADINS?!?!?!?" She thought all the Darklords avoided that Guild like it was sunlight or something.
The servant shrugged. "Anything else Mistress?"
"Send Him in when He gets here."
"Yes, Mistress." As her servant left, she had a few moments to digest this shocking announcement. Of all the populace that belonged to that Guild, Sir Nevron was the one who was the first to declare to lead it. And from all appearances they were going to let him.

"What is this Kingdom coming to?" she wondered out loud.
"Something wrong my queen?" He said from the shadows of her opened door.
She spun around with her hand going for her hidden dagger. "One of these days, I'm going to order you to wear a suit of bells. Although, if you actually did, you'd probably still find a way to be quiet..."
"If you weren't in this room alone, without guards..." He chuckled.
"Guards. Why do I need guards? This Kingdom is too apathetic to rise against me. Most of those not so apathetic are too busy guarding Dark Tigger. And the rest," she flashed Him a smile, "I count one of their "leaders" as a friend and would hope they would know how little would go on in this Kingdom without me."
A grimace marred His face to match His dark thoughts.
"Have you seen the latest reports?" she asked.
A nod.
"And you're just going to let Sir Nevron carry on with this... plan of his?"
"What, you think I have the power to stop him? If you look in the Guild's history, you will find that he's done this before. If they are that apathetic to who leads them, let him."
To which she could only shake her head in resignation. Not her guild, not her problem.
"My queen, are you still running for Monarch next term?"
"It would be fun, but why have a contested monarchy when the Regent's spot is vacant?"
"About that. Having a "long-distant" court may prove difficult at best. I was wondering why you or someone else "local" hasn't declared to run against the Northern Barbarian. You may find yourself in a most "interesting" position if you are Regent to his King."
"There are days left yet to see how the cards are shuffled before the final reveal. Not alot, but there is still time."
Time, she hoped, for someone else to step forward and help the Kingdom in Her time of need. But in all reality, she knew Her populace. Sure, they all loved to play, but when it came to volunteering for some of the "not fun" positions that needed to be filled so the fun could continue, well...
She shrugged. If nothing else, she could do one thing for the Kingdom. The one thing that came quite naturally to her...

There was time yet before she needed to ruffle some fur again...

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:50 pm 

He awoke in a fit of laughter that sounded as much like a Corsair's giddy laugh as it did the sound made by a lone Hyena calling to its pack for support. But the sound was of no concern to the Dark Saint. It was the fragments of his dream that were slowly drifting into that recluse area of the mind, -never to be remembered unless brought back by the use of magic's or such other un-worldly procedures- that had him worried. Visions of the Dark Saint dressed in a much lighter attire, along with packs of happy shining people frolicking all about as some sort of royal procession passed by kept coming to mind as the Dark Saint tried to clear his head from the nights R&R. Years ago, during those many times of I&I, the mornings were just as hard to wake up to if not harder. But over the millennium that has passed since those younger, more decadent, and surely rowdier days of times long past, the Dark Saint had found himself less and less interested in the late night events that so encompassed the lives of the mere mortals of the Emerald Hills. Besides, the recovery times for such things had multiplied way past any time limit that the Dark Saint might have set in his youth.

All this and more was running thru his head as he tried in vain to recall the final scenes of the nights dream. One thing was for sure. He felt that he could be sure about the final part of the now, all but gone, dream. Yet while the final scene of him looking into a well polished dark mirror that showed him wearing a crown was vivid. It was the identification of the crown that was not so clear. Try as he might he just couldn't recall any details of the crown that was on his head during the dream. Seeing as how that in their mortal world, the humans and sub-human races had bestowed upon him all the pompous titles and privileges that came with the various positions he had held in the courts of the Hills. All of which came with some sort of crown to be worn during and after his terms in the mortal courts, this particular crown, in this particular dream was not one that he recognized.

But the scene of him staring into the mirror while laughing was one that he did know. One that he had lived before. And by all the mortal gods and immortal beings both here and there, he swore he would never wear that crown again.

Were the Fates playing with him. Or was something else afoot.

[smilie=icon_cool.gif]

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:51 pm 

Time was ticking for the populace. Ticking away.
And she was growing impatient.
But while there was still time, she would wait. It was their move...

"Mistress?", a servant knocked at her door. "He told me you would want to know as soon as something happened."
She gave him a puzzled look.
"Orchid Noir from King's Point declared for Regent."
"Oh, that. Yeah, I know."
"You know?"
"Yeah, He told me. She and I talked about it. It's cool."
"So another contested Regents race."
She laughed. "Oh no sweetie, not yet."
"But? You... Her..."
She laughed again.
"I'd pat your head, but you aren't my pet. Now, let me write out a message for you to take to the populace..."

There would be a contested race alright, just not the one they thought...
It might not be the plan she wanted, but it wasn't bad.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing