Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: The Attack of the Drow
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:04 pm 

Fionnigan Hellblazer walked through the small courtyard of the villa, and came to the front door of his charge. He brought his staff up and knocked the head on the door. TuK! Uziel opened the door, and smiled.

“How are you old friend?” asked TuK!.

“I am okay other than the fact that the ethereal world has been cut off to me, I think there is an attack amassing in the forest, and it seems no one in this kingdom is very concerned about the threat a powerful rogue mage could be to our people.” replied Fionnigan.

“Well, come on in and we’ll sort it out.” said TuK! as he opened the door further.

Fionnigan walked into the small atrium of the villa. TuK! followed not far behind him.

“So what’s this you’re barking about?” asked TuK!.

“Well first off my ability with foresight is in flux right now. I’ve no problems performing basic magical rites, but my natural foresight is gone.” replied Fionnigan.

“Well more to the point what is this attack you spoke of?” inquired TuK!.

“Oh that, well I’m sure you’re aware of the attacks on a number of imperial cities by vampires recently. Well Eagleshire has not been attacked, and I had begun to grow very uneasy about that fact.” said Fionnigan.

“You always have been one prone to worry.” interjected TuK!

“I prefer to think of it as proper planning, but one man’s trash, and all that. At any rate, I looked into the wizard’s glass and saw an army of drow amassing in the part of Tanglewood directly to the south of Eagleshire.” said Fionnigan.

“You mean the Ironcloud Royal Hunting Preserve?” asked Tuk!.

“Yes. I saw a legion of drow fighters camped in the preserve. They looked to be travelling. Than the glass showed me what looked to be a necromancer performing profane rights in what looked like a cave. I have a feeling this may be the individual behind these recent attacks on the southern half of the kingdom.” stated Fionnigan.

TuK! pulled out his pipe, packed it and lit the bowl of pipeweed. He puffed out a few hefty clouds of smoke, and looked Fionnigan in the eye. He only ever produced this look when he was to challenge someone, whether in a fight or an argument. That being the case, Fionnigan prepared to prove his theories to his charge.

I do not suffer fools gladly, and fools with white belts never.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:40 am 

“So what makes you think this, man at arms?” Tuk demanded.

“Well, there has been no discernable reason found for these attacks so far, and it would seem logical to think that if there is a necromancer somewhere in the kingdom than he is possibly behind these attacks, and is amassing an army made up of drow to attack Eagleshire, given the close proximity of the legion to the Barony.”

“And what about the northern holdings? Are they also part of this necromancer’s plans?” asked Tuk.

“I hadn’t considered that.” said Fionnigan.

“Well than you may need to rethink your assumptions. Also how do the shards fit into all of this?” asked Tuk.

“How did you know about the shards?” Fionnigan reacted.

“Just because I’ve been away from the keep and the running of Eagleshire for a while doesn’t mean that I don’t have ways of finding things out. So how again do they fit into your suspicions?” asked Tuk.

“I am not sure how they fit into all of this, and that’s another thing that bothers me. I suspect they may be parts of a crystal that was destroyed long ago when the kingdom was young and placed within the kingdom’s collection of relics. It was imbued with soul stealing power by a necromancer, and destroyed in the subsequent battle to stop the necromancer. If you know about them than you already know they gave our side the edge needed for victory.” said Fionnigan

“Yes I do, and if you know that than why are you digging through ancient history? I mean I know you’ve always been one to look to the past for your answers, but some times you just need to look at what’s going on around you.” said Tuk.

“Well I do find it suspicious that they were found around the same time that we needed them. And I don’t quite understand exactly how they helped us to gain the advantage in the attacks.” said Fionnigan.

“Well than maybe that’s where you need to start. You need to find out how these shards helped the crown gain the victory. Once that is known, than you can focus on these drow.” stated Tuk.

“You’re right. I will do more research into the shards, and establish exactly what their properties are. Perhaps once I have accomplished this task, the mystical winds will blow back my direction.” said Fionnigan.

“Now that’s more like it man at arms.” said Tuk.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 am 

Fionnigan walked into the circular room and stood before the elegantly dressed woman seated in the large blood red ruby throne at the center of the room. The woman looked like a beautiful fifty year old human female, but there was something slightly different about her. Her facial features were more angular than normal. Her body was more lithe and taller than a normal human female of her weight and age. She looked like a slightly alien human with features that seemed made of stone.

“It is good to see you son. I have missed you.” said the woman.

“I missed you as well mother. I have been visiting you on the astral plane for years now, and I have always wondered why we must go through these Melnibonean trappings in order to meet?” asked Fionnigan.

“I am a more powerful seer than you, son. My mind controls the environment in which our minds meet.” replied the Melnibonean woman.

“Than why not father’s blacksmith shop, why wouldn’t you make our environment that? I mean wouldn’t that also serve to set me more at ease?” retorted Fionnigan.

“I suppose it would, but son moments like this are the only times, since my death, that I am able to be in a semi-corporal form. I miss the land of my birth, and as much as I love your father, I choose this room because it was where I learned the mystic arts. I feel at ease here son, and as such it easier for me to maintain my astral form longer. Now if we are done with the inquisition of your mother than tell me how have you been my boy?” asked Fionnigan’s mother.

“I have been tormented of late, to be honest with you mother. I had some visions a few weeks back, and I haven’t had another since. Nor have I either proven or disproven the existence of what I saw in my visions. My homeland has become overrun with attacks by evil of all kind. Political unrest is also taking place beyond the battlefield. I fear for my home, and the people in it.” replied Fionnigan.

“You are more human sometimes than I realize son. You feel so deeply for those you care about.” said Fionnigan’s mother.

“Yes I do mother. They are my friends and family. Didn’t you care for us; me, dad and Banqou?” asked Fionnigan.

“Yes I did son. You were the only humans I did care for.” replied Fionnigan’s mother.

“So what do I do mother? How do I stop these attacks on my homeland, and help to solve these political problems?” asked Fionnigan.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:31 pm 

“What are these shards that I can read on your mind right now?” Fionnigan’s mother asked.

“They are mystical items that were instrumental in winning some battles my kingdom fought recently. I am still unsure though of why or how exactly they fit into all of this.” said Fionnigan.

“Son, these shards that you are wondering about are the only way that your kingdom can win against these attacks. You must bring all of these shards together. There is a portal that has been opened between your world and the void. These shards must be brought together in order to close the portal. This portal has been the source of the vampires that attacked your kingdom, and the drow that, even now, are planning their attack on your home; Eagleshire. I am unclear in my visions as to the source of this gem, how this portal opened, or the connection between the two. However, with what is about to happen, it is not necessary for me to know all of this. You must find all of these shards, and bring them together in order to close this portal, and stop these attacks.” stated Fionnigan’s mother.

“Can you tell me where they are, mother?” asked Fionnigan.

“No. I do not know where they are. What I have already told you is all I know about these shards, and I only know that because of your, scant as it may be, connection to them.” replied Fionnigan’s mother.

“Now what do I do about these political problems that are festering behind the scenes?” Fionnigan went on to ask.

“I cannot help you with that, my son. You must do what you feel is right. It being given that I am no longer connected to the realm of Amtgardia but through you, it should be obvious that I no longer hold any connection to any of the material trappings of the world. As such I have no way of giving any advice that would be applicable to any situation you may be involved in. That being said, I would advise taking political control over your state by means of force, therefore ensuring that your will is done. You would than be able to handle any major political problems with ease.” said Fionnigan’s mother.

“You speak as a true Melnibonean, if what you have told me of your people is true, mother.” Fionnigan quipped.

“Of course I told you the truth. What reason would I have to lie to my own son?” asked Fionnigan’s mother.

“None, mother. I was simply making an observation about the heritage that you and I share. At any rate, that is not an option, since I have no army with which to take anything by force. My former company was scattered to the wind ages ago, and the remnants that I have managed to string together are not enough by far to make any maneuvers for power. I am alone in this kingdom, and with but a handful of allies.” Replied Fionnigan.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:15 am 

Journal of Fionnigan Hellblazer

There was an attack on the Shire today, Frost giants of all things. Obviously what my mother told me about an open portal is at least plausible. Where exactly this portal is opened to, who the hell knows. I mean we’ve had attacks by vampires and frost giants ever since the barbarian king took the throne. Creatures of various types attacking us in a coordinated effort makes absolutely no sense, and is offensive to any sane person’s sense of reality. That being the case, these things must surely be coming from somewhere else, and if that’s the case the portal theory seems to be the only plausible one I’ve heard yet.

Sir Forest approached me about the drow. He told me that imperial scouts had seen camps of them moving at night through Tanglewood. I informed him of the visions I had, and he asked me to let him know if I had anymore. I informed him I would.

This is all so strange. The last few years have been relatively quiet as far as any beasts or monsters. Now in less than three months we have had attacks by vampires, giants, and it would seem that the drow have come out of hiding. I realize that some of these attacks are the result of an open portal to some other realm, but it all seems too coincidental. I have this very dark feeling, and I can’t shake it. I’ve had it for the last few months. It feels like something bigger is coming, like a stampede heading for you headlong. I have this feeling that these recent attacks are just the beginning of the evil that is descending on our land.

I should do some research, and see if there is any historical president for any of this. Maybe I can find something to make sense of this horrible feeling in my gut.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:42 am 

The sun’s light showed through the stained glass windows of the high tower and shown on the bodies strewn around the lobby on the ground floor. The sounds of screams from above, though muffled, could be heard even this far down. Suddenly and with a quick creak and loud boom the large double doors leading into the lobby of the high tower were swung wide open. A cloaked figure entered through the open doorway and stood with head bowed in the large circular room.

Fionnigan Hellblazer looked around the room at the many bodies. He saw many young magi that he knew personally and had trained; Marvin Broadcloak, Cynisca, and many others. A small half groan half growl escaped Fionnigan’s lips as he surveyed the carnage on display before him.

“I see you are admiring my work. Won’t you please join me.” A voice said in Fionnigan’s head.

With that Fionnigan found himself standing in the middle of the central war room at the very top of the high tower feeling the turning of the stomach that accompanied third party teleportation. As he gained his composure Fionnigan noticed a cloaked figure seated across the room at the head of the round conference table. The figure was wearing a cloak that seemed strangely familiar to Fionnigan. It was black, yes, but not just black it was possibly the darkest cloak that Fionnigan had ever seen. Along the edges of the mantle of the cloak and the sleaves was a border that seemed silver to Fionnigan’s eyes.

“Who are you?” Fionnigan asked the cloaked figure.

“I am the eater of children and worlds. I am the nightmare that wakes you up at night. I am everything that is wrong or corrupted. I am Char destroyer of worlds.” replied the cloaked figure.

“No you’re not. We banished you. You were in the body of my former master, but we defeated you.” said Fionnigan.

“Yes I remember that Hellblazer. Yes, sacrificed your own wife to defeat me too, didn’t you?” retorted Char.

“You bastard. How dare you. I have banished you before, and I will again.” stated Fionnigan coldly.

“You didn’t banish me wizard, the one who lost her life did. Besides, how are you going to banish me when I am in you?” asked Char as he pushed the mantle of the cloak back from his head revealing his face. Fionnigan stared straight into his own face. The version of himself he was looking at was almost a mirror image, but for the completely black eyes. The thing in front of him wearing his face was grinning monstrously.

Fionnigan sat right up in bed, and screamed. Vasalisa awoke immediately and took Fionnigan into her arms rocking back and forth and singing softly to him as he shook in her arms.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:48 pm 

Journal of Fionnigan Hellblazer

I went to the library at the high tower today, and researched some more about this Char that has been haunting my dreams. I checked Tobin’s Spirit Codex, and it had very little to say about the demon. It said the demon was a dark deity of magic and death. There was nothing at all about any cults or worshipers of the demon, but the book also said this could be due to the extreme secrecy of most Char worshipers. It actually stated that most, if not all, knowledge concerning the demon was due to the work of one man, a scribe said to have lived thousands of years in the past. The majority of the scribe’s work was lost to time, but enough to fill a large tome was left. The name of this book was the Revelations of Vannay.

I searched the entire length and breadth of the library, and finally found a few copied scrolls of pages from the tome, and lady luck was with me. The pages that had been copied included some of the information about Char. It said that the demon was worshiped by mages mostly, and had come to Amtgardia many times millions of years before any man walked the earth. Its true form was said to be indescribable but that it would often appear as a fool wearing brightly colored rags. It also said that the demon had a counterpart a cosmic entity named Gan, the avatar of which was said to be a colossal cosmic turtle. The pages said the demon’s appearances in the world had been cyclical and were usually around times of great strife and death.

There was still very little contained in the pages I did find, but perhaps I can find some more information if I scour the libraries of the empire. I must find out more about this demon. There must be some reason for these horrible dreams I have had recently, and whatever it is I need to find out quick. I have this horrible feeling of dread, and I suspect something dreadful is on the wind.

Mortem proditoribus.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing