Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:06 am 

Life As A Cat Among Wolves
-Reign XLVIII-

Since being invited to be member's of Luna Lobos, Tierney and I have learned much. So much that in fear of forgetting anything* I have decided to keep this record or journal if you will.

There is a rich history to be told about my wolf family, each member has their own story of how they found a home in Luna Lobos; there are other tales that should be visited also. As I spin these tales for you please bear in mind they are from my point of view.

The stories hereafter will be told in no particular order, for as I learn of them or as events take place I shall document them here.

I do not claim to know or understand all about my new family, for example, I still do not understand their compulsion of howling at the moon. Though I guess a cat wouldn’t.**

However, as I consider it, I am sure they do not understand my love of all things shiny. Well the gypsy women might, there was that one.....No, no, that is a story for another time, for now I shall go and collect my thoughts and stories.

Farewell

*This cat does not have the greatest of memories, you see.
**between you and me it is quite fun

Last edited by Catarina on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:27 pm 

Midsummer Meeting
-Reign XLVIII-

Shortly after midsummer we, Tierney and I, will celebrate our first year since becoming members of Luna Lobos.

It seems fitting now that it took place in the water and under an almost full moon. You may be wondering why I say this seems fitting. The moon part is easy, but the water part confuses people. Well it’s because Mama Zin is a water spirit. From what she says, she needs two things to survive, water and sunlight.*

Zin has no memory from her time in the water. Asmo once said that she had to give up those memories to walk on land. Here is one of the stories I have heard.

She rose from sea foam, long dark hair dripping. She wore a simple long blue dress, that simmered and shifted like water as she moved. Those first few steps were shaky as she had never truly used her legs for walking. A man stood before her, it was he who had called to her, he who had called her to walk on land. He had been lost and though she had heard no words and he had spoke on they both understood he was why she was there.

Of course that man was Asmodius, this is why her memories start with meeting him.

Anyway, I will tell more that story later.

I believe I was telling you about the night we were accepted. The elders had called a meeting.....

Catarina and Tierney joined the others, as members of Luna Lobos chatted and collected their food. Soon everyone made their way to the water. It was at that moment that some of the members noticed the extras at the meeting that shouldn’t be there.

Asmo spoke then. “You may have noticed, some of our guest tonight are not members of Luna Lobos. However, that is why we are here, Enida, Lusynda, Exile, Catarina, Tierney and Aki, You do not have to answer now. However, we would like all of you to be members of Luna Lobos. I will need your answers by mid-reign.”

Cat didnt hear the others answer, she looked at Tierney and smiles, though she felt a little like crying.

This was such an honor. She held Tierneys gaze for a minute longer, then they both turned and said, “We don't need that long”

We both knew that being a part of Luna Lobos was what we wanted. Everyday I spend with our family is another day I know we made the right choice.

*If you know her, you know this to be truth!

Last edited by Catarina on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:07 pm 

Tale of the Yeti
-Reign XLVIII-

Talking with my sister Deino always brings a smile to my face, so does thinking about her and Yeti.

Yeti Frostgale is one of our more subdued member's, honestly he is the exact opposite of his brother Sieg*. Yeti and Sieg are Asmo and Zin’s sons.**

I have little to tell you of Yeti, not because I do not like him, he just prefers to keep to himself.*** While he is quiet, he is strong and wise. Do not mistake his silent nature for a lack of intelligance. He is not a master Druid for nothing. To meet him on the battle field as an enemy usual spells an end to your life.

The most notable tale I have for you is of his patience.

Yeti sat on the ground, close to a grove of trees. He held a fried potato in one and and waited. For close to half a candle mark, he sat still as stone. Suddenly a squirrel, who had been watching him for sometime ran up to him, took the potato and put a little distance between them before munching on his reward.

For sometime after meeting Yeti he spoke only a few words to me. I really did not mind this, for as a cat I understand what its like to keep your distance from people. I respected his want for privacy.

It wasn’t until he met and started courting my sweet little sister Deino that he opened up. That being said I still choose to respect and keep his secrets.

However I will tell you this...If you meet our dear Yeti, on the road or on the battle field, remember he is not a man you want to mess with.

With that in mind I shall leave you until next time.

*Sieg’s story is for another entry or or three at a later time.
**Asmo and Zin have a daughter and a half....yeah I will explain that one too you one day.
***I believe my sister, Deino, could tell you more, but that is for her to decide.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:11 pm 

The Wizard and the Cat

I guess I could tell you about how Tierney and I met.

Catarina pulled the cloak around her tight and kept her head down. People here were not used to cat-beings. Her white ears and tail had a way of making people uncomfortable. She made her way through town unseen as much as possible. It was just outside of town that her luck seem to change, for the worse.

The beasts were upon her before she had time to act. Ant’s the size of wagons came at her from every side. Knowing all but nothing about magic at the time and even less about weapons.
She did the only thing she could think to do, climb. She'd sat in a tree for close to half a day, when suddenly she heard a voice. She didn't think, “ Please, Sir, help me!” she cried, little did she know it was the bumbling wizard Tierney who had stumbled upon the scene. He was shocked to see her there, partly because she was in a tree but mostly because of her appearance. Her ears drooped, her tail was bushy and she clung to the tree for dear life. It seemed luck was on her side. Tierney, who had trouble from time to time with a simple light spell, kept his head and was able to drive off the ants.

Her cat nature warned her to be cautious around the strange man but her manners won out as she leapt from the tree and ran to thank her savior. She threw her arms around him, “thank you!” she cried in relief. He muttered a “you're welcome” as he stared at her.

That was the day the bumbling wizard saved the cat.

We have been stuck to one another since. Slowly I am learning magic. Though I prefer to stay back and let Tierney deal with most issues. He has improved and now that light spell isn’t so bad *wink*

Well until next time.......

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing