Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: Hidden in the dark woods
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:12 pm 

A tree in the dark woods emanated a muffled voice to the wind, as if someone was speaking from inside it. "Everything is going to plan. The gaurds drawn off chasing the assassins holding the fake Queen, while my men have the real Queen. The caravan draws near and soon it will be mine as well, I will be holding all of the cards." Soft laughter fills the grove.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:57 pm 

*whispers lace the woods. some think these places are friendly to all. nay, these woods have seen and heard of plots and ploys made by men and orc alike. it know's never to have trusted in the traitorous winged shadows*

*how some would be so obvious to let lose their thin veils of 'secrecy' is beyond comprehension.*

*soon the farce would be unmasked, only to reveal 'la doble cara del pollo negro'*

*the truth ebbed back to a friend with haste*

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:07 pm 

The Queen had been sitting in the corner of the small cramped room for what seemed like weeks. Over time the voices had disappeared and now daylight was slowly creeping into her room.

As the Queen thought about the beautiful hills that were outside her castle window at home the locked door flew open and a very tall and broad-shouldered man peered in. “The Master says to gather your belongings, it’s time to go”. He seemed like a very gentle fellow for she had been imagining horrid things from the voices she had heard. He turns and mumbles as he walks out the door “for some reason your worth more alive then dead.”

The Queen gathered what few belongings she had. She double laced her boots just in-case an opportune moment to escape presented itself. Being mindful she walked into the den outside the room she had been locked away in. If the walls could talk, then these walls could speak volumes. The filth and dampness covered the walls while blood was everywhere. Sweat and rum filled the air. As the men passed by the Queen to ready the caravan she could sense their anger, disparage, and readiness. These men were not gentle, nor did they care about who they had, they were obviously working for someone more powerful.

“Prepare to make haste for Midnight Sun. The Master will be waiting for her.” The Queen could sense the powerful magic that protected these men. Hopefully Price Regent Forest and Champion Everlast were onto this trick.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:07 pm 

A hooded figure strode quickly through the dark woods to secret grove. He wasted no time to be recognized and whispered to the trees:

"There is a large force converging on the treasury caravan, bearing the symbol of the Kingdom. They will intercept it before it enters the woods, before it reaches our ambush. And I am afraid it may discover the party conveying the Queen as well."

The Grove whispers back:
"This is surprising. They moved much faster than I anticipated. However, this is not my final defeat merely a setback, and I am very patient.

Tell our men hiding in ambush to withdraw, and tell our men gaurding the queen to leave her to the mercenaries. That's the thing about mercenaries, if they die I don't have to pay them.

We may still be able to salvage some usefulness out of this day. If the kingdom has sent out a call for all its loyal citizens to muster, then by all means let us put in an appearance.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing