Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: The lost battle
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:14 pm 

She waited to hear the sounds of an advancing army. Chaos had been clear in his instructions, protect Squire Lady Doladar, gain him more gold, and above all lore them back to Finders Keep. So those few who had been allowed to come and fight for the barons cause stood proud for the honer of there baron. Mysteri wanted to laugh at that Chaos was loosing his mind, but she would continue to fight with her Squire as long as Doladar stood with Chaos so to would Mysteri.
The assassins also stood with members of Finders Keep, but it was clear to Mysteri that they had there own desires from this battle. As quiet as death a shadow walked past Mysteri to deliver his message to Sir Delphos. Within a heartbeat not one assassin could be seen. The meager band from Finders Keep looked about before snapping into formation. The sins disappearance could only mean one thing....
The Royal guard rounded the bend in the road, looking well pleased with themselves about something. They started to form up, but before they had completed, a barrage of arrows and throwing daggers materialized from all side of the path. No effect could be seen, somehow they had know that the sins would be here.
Could it have been Sutra who had been seen fighting for the Queen in the place where the eagles fly.
There was no time to wonder Mysteri stepped forward and was trowing spells at any who came within range but again no use. In that moment she saw how this would end. Grabbing Squire Lady Doladars hand she pulled her away into the wood where perhaps they would be safe. Mysteri had never been in these woods before and quickly became lost almost stumbling into the last column of the royal army. Doladar tried to signal to those who fought with them but the battle was to great. Mysteri Had to hold her Squire down to keep her from being slaughtered with there companions. They watched as the body's were scavenged and vowed that they would bring there companions back. At that moment a Knight stumbled upon there hiding place. Squire lady Doladar was being hunted the army had discovered that Chaos had not been with them.
"Doladar Run" Mysteri shouted hoping to buy her Squire time to escape back to the keep. It was not to be a sword soon found its mark deep in Mysteris chest and upon falling to the ground her last vision was of Doladar fighting for her life.

**********************************************************************************************
The sun had fallen and not a sound was heard but Mysteri kept silent fearing to even move as her enemy's might be near but she had to find her Squire perhaps there was still time. Mysteri found the body and held the stone to Squire Lady Doladars heart hoping, soon her eyes opened she was also prepared to fight if as enemy still lingered.
"What of the others, Mysteri"
"I have seen no one only body's"
"will the stone aid them"
"I believe so"
"Than please do all that you can"
"Of course Squire Lady Doladar" Mysteri held her head low ashamed of her in ability to keep her beloved Squire alive.
The beaten group joined together afraid of the anger that was sure to befall them when they arrived home. All knew a great price would have to be paid for there failure this day.

Post subject: Home
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:35 am 

Many in Finders Keep awaited the arrival of those who had fought at Midnight Sun. They awaited the news of the battle, for word had already spread of the defeat. A bell rang to announce the arrival of the beaten band.
"Regent Doladar" Chaos's word were louder than the bells "I want to hear what happened you will come tell me of your failure"
"Mysteri tell of the battle to the people let them know what happened out there"
Doladar gazed to the path they had taken to get home. They had all chosen to remain silent after the battle, none wanted to tell Chaos of there failure, but Mysteri wished to go with Doladar it was unfair that he had separated her from those she had commanded.
"As you wish Squire Lady" Mysteri still stung from her own failure of protecting the Squire
"Very well, All gather and I will tell you of the battle" Mysteri announced in her loudest voice. She wished she could join her companions all heading to there homes to reflect and to ponder...
When all in the keep had come to hear her tale, for she wished to tell it only once, Mysteri began.
" Members of Finders Keep hear the tale of the death of your brothers" All in the crowd looked shocked by her words. " We few went forth and met with the assassins and those of Sable Pride at the appointed place, a small area well hidden. It was the perfect place for an ambush, trees everywhere and many places to hide in wait. Each of us had our orders, but we watched in awe at the master-hood of those who would fight with us again, those who had fought with us at the place where eagles fly. They seemed to move as one with each motion, many where honing there skills even here they were continuing there training. They did not need to speak as a simple gesture from one showed the all the others what was needed. They had received years of training to fight as they would this day." Mysteri looked at the intrigued faces of those around her the ones still eager to fight and wished she could show them what she had seen that day. "When the time came to fight the assassins knew what to do, they moved to the shadows so as not to be seen. They would deliver a fierce death. Several took time to add poison to there weapons, waiting till the last moments before battle so the poison would be most fatal. There movements told us that the battle was close at hand, the army of the kingdom was upon us Squire Lady Doladar soon started pulling us out of our observations, giving the order to form up. Within moments the army was upon us, the assassins started there attack but the Royal guard has expected them and has spells that protected them from the attack, this pulled our friends from there shadows and into close combat. Many fell trying to protect Chaos's pressies treasure." Mysteri pauses seeing in her own mind how one after another fell trying to keep them alive, trying to aid them. It was all to painful she could feel a tear trying to escape her but she pulled herself together, these people needed to know.she wanted them to see what she had seen, the greed that plagued the barbarian. The absolute blood-thirst that made him not like himself. Something had changed in him since the Queens coronation but what, Mysteri could not know.
" All of us regrouped and with the help of the assassins formed a new plan. The assassins would attack and hide our purpose to get Lady Doladar and myself into the woods to form a group on the other side of the Royal Guard. Doladar and I were able to get behind them. We attempted to let those who fought with us know we had made it safely, but as we looked back we only saw more of our friends falling. The Royal guard soon discovered that Chaos was not among those who fought, but they had seen Doladar and soon began the hunt for her in his place. Soon to soon they had found us, I tried to tell Lady Doladar to run but a sword quickly took my life and as I lay dieing I watched as another took Squire Lady Doladrs as well." Again Mysteri had to stop fearing if she continued her emotions would get the better of her
"When the stone awoke me I had to find lady Doladar and the others who had travailed with us. We searched to find the assassins but could not find one. Someone had moved them we could only hope it was an allies that had done so.
The assassins fell aiding us and we could not find one so as to thank them to help them in any way. We sat and thought of them for a moment and each of us left something behind to show our appreciation for there help and our sadness at the loss we felt."
It was very quiet as Mysteri watched all of her words flow over the people of Finders Keep. Soon she got up not wanting any questions not wanting to remember all of the faces again but seeing them all the same. Mysteri went into the woods and allowed herself to give in for only a moment to grieve for those that could not be found, and to plea with the gods to show her a sign as to what to do. Tomorrow she would know Choas's will but for tonight she would remember.
**********************************************************************************************
Mysteri woke to the sun and the warm stone she had fallen asleep on and to the voice screaming in anger. " How did you lose the coins I gave to you."
Mysteri thought about staying hidden no one was looking for her, but she needed to see the rage that was in Chaos she needed to see what had such a hold on him. " Doladar where are your fighters let me see them let all of Finders Keep see them." Doladar didn't have to say a word everyone formed up around her proud to stand with her. "You did not think I would let this failure go unpunished. Members of Finders Keep here is your task kill those who have failed your Barron" Mysteri was hardly surprised the barbarians eyes almost glowed red at the thought of the blood that was to be shed this day. " Chaos let Doladar remain with you she did her part they killed her because they could not find you. Otherwise it would have been you there that day, you who would have..." Mysteri waited for just a moment to allow the right amount of venom in her next word. "Failed." She wanted to smile at the shock on the faces of those close to her but instead she allowed her words to hit there mark. " Doladar has always stood by me this day will be no different." Chaos pulled Doladar from the group who would now be hunted by there own. "You have a few seconds to go hide yourself, to try and escape," Turning to the rest of the people of Finders Keep " when you have take one of there lives bring me something back and receive an award. Mysteri was shocked by the cheering that came at Chaos's words. They ran to the cave hoping to hide themselves in the darkness. It was not long before they were found and again more death.

Post subject: Re: The lost battle
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:03 pm 

The Midreign celebration loomed on the horizon and forest had been too busy planning it. Too busy overseeing the details to have been doing what needed to be done. Pulling together a fractured Kingdom. Each night he drempt of the faces of the dead. The young, the old, some who had once been friends, all screaming as they were cut down by his own vengence. This was not what he wanted.

Forest needed to start the healing process. But how? Delphos was gone. To whom could he send word to try and resolve issues with the assassins' guild? And Chaos was still power mad and driving the forces of Finder's Keep with an iron fist. But he had to try to see kallies in the darkness.

He grabbed his quill and began to write letters. letters to be sent to those who may still be willing to heal the Kingdom.

"Greetings,

As Prince regent, I look to offer you full pardon if you will renounce your war with the Kingdom..."

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:08 pm 

* a wax sealed scroll wrapped around an arrow *

Greetings Prince Regent,

Although your offer is possibly tempting to others, I am afraid I must decline. Pardon is a form of forgiveness and I never asked for it. When one does what he feels is just and honorable, there is no need to be forgiven. I stand for those that are tired of being stepped on by a tyrannical kingdom. We are the heart of this realm, for it is but a dream and we are the dreamers. We live for honor and chivalry. We live for the old code, and I would die for it. So instead I make you an offer.

I offer YOU full pardon if you will renounce you kingdom.

Sincerely,
Squire Rage Bloodstorm
Defender of The Keep

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:18 am 

Forest crumpled up the note and shook his head. What twisted lies could they have ingrained in the member's of the Guild that they would believe attempting to kidnap the Queen and declaring war on a new Monarchy was just.

Hopefully other would receive his message in a better way than the young one of the Guild.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:09 pm 

Typhus laughs heartily knowing that his plans are coming to full bore. The chaos in the Kingdom is feeding his altars and the gods that brought them to this plane. Though issues outside of his control would keep him away from the MidReign celebration he knows his presence will be felt. The visions grow stronger everyday, the unwillingness of the rebels to compromise with the kingdom, the kingdoms massacre of the rebels, and the assassins guild's attack on the kingdom as well as it's internal strife; all these things feed the Dark Gods of Chaos allowing them more power in the realm. Typhus is pleased though none of the chaos is by his making it suits his purposes fine. His new temple is near completion and safely hidden well in the lands of Finders Keep. Here he will raise four new altars for he knows the originals were pure manifestations of the will of his gods. If the current state of chaos ends or slows they will loose much of there power.

Kracker Baron

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing