Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: Back at Midnight Sun
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:16 pm 

Sutra slouched over the wooden tabletop. He focused intently. The little contraption was a new device by a local 'gineer. It was about four fingers tall and proved handy.

He tilted it towards his cupped right hand, balancing the metallic tip with his left index finger.

'Almost...got it...ha!'

The bemused figure carefully backed away from the gadget as it was seemingly balanced impossibly.

'So that's the new salt shaker one of them brains at the local academies make?'
'Yeah...came in this morning. So...'

The trampling footsteps rushing into the small uneventful keep knocked the balanced shaker, a grimace forming on Sutra's face.

'20 minutes! Gone!'

The young messenger stammered and bellowed out his message.

'The Royal Armies!!! They've been defeated! Finders Keep still stands!'

A crowd began to file into the cramped space. This was not his first stop.

Murmurs began to circulate among the concerned faces.

'They need healers, any one willing to go South.'
'They were waiting for the Royal Armies...and won?'
'The Crown Armies defeated? How?'

There were more questions than answers.

'Settle down, settle down.' A thunderous voice spoke out. Regent Thangorn stepped into the dingy bar. He had grown, again. Sutra leaned back in the wooden wall and watched as the crowd simmered down into a quite roar.

'I will speak with the Baroness and we will find out what we can about these supposed events. Pointing to the frantic messenger, the barkeep handed him a mug of courage before being led out to the Royal quarters for questioning.

The small crowd streamed out anxiously wondering if the Queen and Prince Regent had escaped unharmed.

Sutra was a bit intrigued wondering how the battle waged had unraveled.

S
[cont]

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post subject: Re: Back at Midnight Sun
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:50 pm 

A couple of days had come and gone. The messenger had been treated well while his questioning was quick and painless, he had gone

It seemed the rebels of the newly titled 'Shadow Keep', fought with a youthful fervor, many had not seen in a long time.

He chewed on the grassy stub before spiting it back out on the cooling earth.

A shady figure approached him and stood a few paces away, motionless.

'Well?'

The figure nodded and came into whispering distance.

'The forces of the northern freeholds have begun talks of an attempt on a royal coupe. Word has it they want to make a second push south. To Eagleshire....without the barbarian.'

Sutra's eyes snapped at the mention of a previous target.

'So, they march without their appointed leader? Tell me, who runs the keep now?'

'There is talk that it has become a sort of commune...among them are members of th...'

'SUTRA, Champion Sutra!?' The great voice bellowed, breaking the still air. Regent Thangorn called anxiosuly from the town centre, less than a hundred feet from the dark one's borrowed quarters.

'Sutra...don't you hear me? I have some interesting news I need you to confirm.'

The baronial champion stood alone as he peered back at the young regent.

'What...you comming or not?' The large young man shuffled back into the great hall, disappearing into the administrative building.

With a sigh, he would have to only guess at what the dark ones where up to in the north.

Within moments, the dark shade of a man entered the hall eager to leave the quite walls of Midnight Sun.

S
[cont]

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post subject: Re: Back at Midnight Sun
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:25 pm 

'Anything else?' asked the gruff voice.

'No, just get back with any information you can muster...' the young regent eyed the shadowy figure closely. 'Are you sure you're well enough to make this trip...you don't seem yourself latel...'

'Regent Thangorn, I don't remember you being a witchdocto to be handing out opinions on peoples humours.' Sutra's piercing gaze seemed to glow from underneath his drapped hair. 'I will return and you will know everything you need to know.

Swallowing hard, Thangorn gathered defiant strength and spoke to the familiar shadow. 'Very well then, I am leaving for personal business and will return shortly. Whatever you learn, do not hesistate to inform the crowns...'

Without an acknowledgement Sutra spun on his heel and instantly exited the quiet administrative building.

He made preparations to be gone for two weeks, tracking the northern forces. Again.

How it all seemed to be turning into a routine.

S

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing