Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:14 pm 

The past couple of weeks had been quiet in the Emerald Hills. The children played, merchants sold their goods, and life was generally peaceful. Queen Reine knew she had some unfinished business in the Northern lands, but decided to wait until a time like now to approach Rage Bloodstorm. It's just a mess up there with Rage in control of the Keep and Chaos in the caves Queen Reine thought. We need something to unite the Kingdom. As she turned to her desk to begin her new plans voices filled her castle. Dark incoherent words and loose sentences warning her something was manifesting in the Emerald Hills.

The Queen summoned Regent Forest and Champion Everlast to discuss what she had heard and where the voices could be coming from and why. Queen Reine remembered there used to be some sacred alters that Typhus had put up around the Kingdom. She thought they were destroyed by Chaos, but something about it didn’t seem right. A messenger was sent to Finder’s Keep to see if they had encountered any of these voices or any new entities to the land. After all if the Keep was attacked then it wouldn’t be long before the Barony of Eagleshire would feel its wrath as well.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:43 pm 

Forest left the meeting with Queen Reine feeling uneasy. Up until now the threat had been visible, tangible, and in the open. Now, the possible threat was incoporeal. And that complicated things.

There was only one course of action that made sense, find the man who had the first visions. The one who had raised the Alters. the one who had summoned the Dark Gods.

Forest walked quickly to Everlasts chambers.

"Arrange a scouting party. I want Typhus brought in, unharmed."

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:15 pm 

Meanwhile, just outside Finder's Keep, the entities that occiupied the land were holding war games to hone their skills and strategies. A vicious and steady trade fo blows were dealt between Tobias and Mickel's teams repeatedly clashed. All was going well.....

....until they showed up....

Three men whom noone had ever seen; an archer, a barbarian and a wizard, came onto the field and began attacking indiscriminately whoever was near them. Their bodies had strange markings that glew with some sort of seemingly unholy magic.

The two teams after realizing that their wargames could not continue until these three were vanquished, sought an alliance and joined forces against the malevolent trio. They fought for what seemed to be hours and the strangers seemed to be holkding their own against the population.

"RROOOAAAARRRRRR!" Tobias screamed as he managed to flank and take two of them, leaving the last for the others to clean up.

Seeing that they three were making their retreat Tobias made his way towards the shade and cleaned the vile smelling blood from his halberd and wondered where these men came from and why they just decided to attack whilst outnumbered and obviously outskilled.

"War games are over for today." shouted Tobias, "We've fought long and hard and sent the intruders tuck-tailed. Go home, and may the great mother keep the wolves in the hills and women in our beds!"

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:01 pm 

Typhus sits alone in his temple looking through the minds eye at those that were sent forth. His vision blurs for a split second as the forces of the Keep show some unity. The three he has sent are not mere men but servants of the Dark Gods themselves. He laughs to himself as he watches the residents of the Keep cheer thinking they have sent these men running. They failed to listen to the cry of the leader "Blood for the Blood God!!!!!" He is pleased that the entities he sent forth have gathered much for the Blood God. He know that he cannot bide his time much longer. The Kingdom is reuniting and this is causing some disturbing fluxes in his power. His visions have grown more twisted in the past few months though less frequent. He knows that he can use the power of the Altars to empower men, but who and when.

He is interrupted in his thoughts as more visions enter his head and things become more clear to him. He know when but still not who.

An acolyte knocks softly on the dore knowing his master has grown impatient as of late. Though he does not specifically serve any of the Dark Gods. The fact that the Blood God is in power right now has affected him. Typhus yells "What is it fool can you not see I am busy!?"

"Yes master I can, but...."

"But what you insolent fool spit it out or pay with your blood."

"Scouts of the Kingdom have been seen in the Keep. There bear writs of passage signed by Prince Regent Forest and the Kingdom's Champion Everlast. They are looking for you, saying that Forest wishes to speak with you and no harm will come to you."

"Go forth and tell them I remain hidden in my temple if they wish to speak to me then have them travel to the Keep. I will gladly meet them there."

Typhus sits down to further ponder this situation. He knows that the Altars are not hidden and surely they have all been found. "I wonder if those fools tried to destroy them. My temple is still hidden that much I know for sure." These things must wait though he finds it hard he follows the teachings of The Lord of Change. Subtlety in all things this is how chaos is truly spread.

Kracker Baron

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing