Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: Tea for Two
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:39 am 

Sutra leaned back into the freshly built chair. It was nothing impressive. A simple wooden frame with not padding. His experiences with soft cushy chairs and long winded daydreams were all too familiar.

Shifting in his chair, he rested his eyes for a moment. Wringing his exhausted hands, he placed the quill down. The past few days were spent writing more missives and instructions that in the past year. It was reasonable he could presume, that his new ordinance demanded his full attention.

With aching neck and closed eyes that sorely stung, he heavily inhaled and noticed a new scent in the sun illuminated room. Odd, the guards would have made some sort of clatter. The herald should have announced a guest.

Slowly pulling his head back into comfortable position, he curiously cracked his lids open ever so slightly.

A rabbit.

'A march hare to be exact...' it calmly rattled. It's large fuzzy head shifted to the left waiting for the monarch's reply.

Sutra closed his eyes and chuckled. Too many letters, not enough sleep.

Nervously, he peeled his left eye open to confirm the progression of madness. He had seen a large rabbit like being sitting across from him a few ticks ago with both eyes. He began to reason, 'If I only open one eye, and he's not there...then that would safely lead me to believe that I am only half a cretin.'

No, the rabbit dressed in only a bright red military coat with shinny lapel buttons and medals sat comfortably, seeming becoming irate at the hosts inconsiderate charades.

'Well, then that makes you a certified loon, not that you're only willing to half heartedly believe there is a March Hare seeking an audience with you, but that you haven't offered your guest a cupa."

"A cupa?"

"A cup of tea."

"Oh, well...you must understand, that I am not accustomed to meeting with many peopl...err sorry...with many..." Sutra struggled for the word..."with many subjects of the kingdom of late..."

The march hare raised an unamused brow and tried politely to stifle a yawn.

"I do beg your pardon, it's only that since taking the wreath...the festivities in the lands have all but stalled much of the mechanizations typical of an active kingdom. But I am glad that many have taken leave to spend time with their friends and families. It's important for the livelihood of the people."

"Two sugars please."
"Two sugars?"
"And a pinch of cream thank you very much."
"What?"
"Well I can't very well take my tea plain now can I your majesty?"
"Oh! Right! Very good!"

As Sutra leaned over to prepare the specified tea, the March Hare eagerly opened.

"Now, with things here in your lands a little quieter than late, we will have much time to talk and go over the petition."

The plop of the second cube of sugar in the steaming cup of tea interrupted the hare's momentum.

"Petition?"
"Yes, the Rasaphrax Memorandum"
"The Rasaphast Memoriawhat?"
"The petition to shut down the unauthorized structures in our lands."
"Come again?"
"Come now your highness, don't be coy with me. You would have had to give the approval for these those eyesores!"

The march hare leaned forward and produced a long scroll from his small coat. Sutra mildly marveled at the nifty magic trick.

Unraveling the corn husk tie, the scroll was rolled out to it's full splendor. Gold ink. Impressive. The designs looked vaguely familiar.

"There are four of these throughout the lands. To be honest, I don't fancy them one bit. They corrupt the natural. Not good for business as you would understand."

Sutra leaned in and squinted at the detailed illustrations of the 4 shapes. His mind reeled and jaw dropped.

"I thought they were destroyed..."
"Well then your information is lacking, not to mention anything else that you considered to have control over..."

He recognized the shapes. The four altars that were proudly rumored to have been eradicated under the guidance of the last monarch.

"That's not all..." The march hare pushed the scroll back and revealed a second parchment underneath. A wanted posted.

"I haven't exactly seen her, but what I do know is that she brings with her discord. She is above all else deceitful. Who would have thought, such a seemingly sweet girl could harbor so much anger."

Sutra traced the words and pondered a moment.

"...Alice..."

"We have much to discuss my new friend, indeed we do."

S
[con't]

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post subject: Re: Tea for Two
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:41 pm 

The shadows moved of their own volition around the new King's quarters it seemed. Anyone who saw the crowning would have realized that darkness wasn't all that resided in the shadows around here. Septumus peered down a hallway with poor lighting causing a sanguine hue to cover the area. It was already strange enough to be here without the intention of walking away with a paycheck ... but something else? Talking coming from the end of the hallway, from the King's quarters. There were no visitors announced nor expected.

Not good.

Septumus bolted down the hallway forsaking stealth for urgency. The voices were faint through the thick door making it hard to make anything out. He reached down and slowly tried to open the door, it was locked. He certainly couldn't break the door down and picking it open would take longer than he felt he had. Line of sight..... Looking throught he keyhole revealed nothing informitive except for an open span of floor, but that was what he wanted.

Arriving on the other side of the door had Septumus on the defensive immediately, weapons drawn and looking around for any amount of threat. All he saw was the King sitting in the back with a bit of a bewildered look on his face. It must have been from his randomly entering the room with weapons drawn.

"Pardon my intrusion" was all Septumus could manage to say to the King as he turned to leave. The half empty cup of tea sitting well out of reach of the King was paid no heed as he left.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing