Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing

Post subject: Shadow Boxing
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:25 pm 

The cloaked figure stepped from the carriage into the light of the street lanterns. The figure looked around and then made his way into the building. The building was a large structure that resembled a temple. The figure climbed the large set of jade steps to the large wooden doors over which great green columns loomed.

The figure walked up to the two great wooden doors and rapped on one of them with the great iron knocker that hung from it. The booming of the knock echoed through the building so loudly the cloaked figure could hear it even out here.

The door on the left creaked open enough for the cloaked figure to walk inside, and it closed shut with a thud behind him. A brass clockwork servant golem stood waiting for the cloaked figure, and once he was inside the grand reception hall the golem approached.

“Master Hellblazer, you have arrived. I will take your cloak.” said the golem.

“No thank you. I trust that he is waiting for me.” asked Fionnigan.

“That is correct. If you will follow me, Master Hellblazer.” responded the golem.

The brass golem walked to an oak door and opened it to a long hallway, and Fionnigan followed closely behind. The hallway had many doors on either side running along it's length, but the golem passed all of these until finally the two came to the last door at the end of the hall. The golem opened the door and stepped to the side.

“He is within waiting Master Hellblazer.” said the golem.

I do not suffer fools gladly, and fools with white belts never.

Mortem proditoribus.

Post subject: Re: Shadow Boxing
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:10 pm 

Fionnigan stepped through the doorway, and into a vomitorium. Beyond Fionnigan could make out a small theatre lecture hall at the front of the room was a large mahogany desk. The hall was dimly lit being only lit by one candelabra that stood to the right of the desk. Fionnigan made his way slowly toward the light.

Fionnigan walked to the chair in front of the large mahogany desk and stood next to it. One man sat behind the desk and stared holes through the wizard over steepled hands. Another man stood to that man's left leaned up against a bookcase and fiddling with an onyx lion figurine. He barely acknowledged Finn's existence unlike his associate.

“Please state your name and any titles.” Commanded the man with the steepled hands.

“I am Fionnigan Hellblazer man at arms to Tuk Uziel.” Fionnigan replied.

“You have no titles.” this was less a question than a statement.

“No sir.” replied Fionnigan.

“So you haven't kissed the right asses have you son?” asked the man with the onyx lion.

“I suppose not, sir.” said Fionnigan.

“Be seated.” said the man behind the desk. “Who brings this man before the Pride?”

“I do.” said Tuk as he stepped forward from the shadowy gallery.

“Squire Tuk as a proud member of this company do you vouch for this man?” asked the man behind the desk.

“That I do, Captain.” replied Tuk.

“You have been seen as being worthy to join Sable Pride the oldest and proudest company of this kingdom, lad. That is a big responsibility sorcerer.” said the Captain.

“I will you not let you down, sir.” replied Fionnigan.

“What do you know about the Pride boy?” asked the man with the onyx lion.

“I know you are the greatest company in the empire.” replied Fionnigan.

“Well as true as that may be, that doesn't begin to scratch the surface on what we do.” snorted the man with the onyx lion.

“This company is the vengeful darkness that protects this kingdom son. At a point in the early days of the kingdom when it was nothing but a few scattered outposts it was decided that the Emerald Hills should have one of it's companies dedicated to handling the seedier side of running a nation. We are that company. It's all just shadow boxing.” said the Captain.

“You mean we're the dark protectors of this realm? Those who deal in the madness to protect order and right?” inquired Fionnigan.

“Yes.”

Mortem proditoribus.

Post subject: Re: Shadow Boxing
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:31 pm 

"This will get you back to the company home office should anything happen to you." said Tuk as he sat a silver pendant on a silver chain on the table in front of Fionnigan.

Fionnigan picked it up and examined it. The pendant had an onyx stone embedded in it with a silver lion set in the onyx.

"Well don't just stand there and stare slack jawed at it. Put it on." laughed Tuk.

Fionnigan placed the pendant around his neck, and instantly felt the magic within. There was a powerful spell infused in the medallion.

"How do you trigger the teleportation spell?" asked Fionnigan.

"What teleportation spell?" Tuk said grinning.

"Don't give me that crap. You know damn well I can feel the magic coming off this thing. It's like wearing an invisible volcano right near my heart. So tell me what triggers the goram teleport!" Fionnigan said with a grimness in his voice.

"Alright Mr. serious, you broke my rhythm but you break the chain. There you happy now. Now you know how it works." huffed Tuk.

"Yes quite." Fionnigan shot back.

"And finally here's your tunic." Tuk said as he pulled a sturdy black cotton tunic from a shelf behind him, and sat it down on the table.

Fionnigan picked the tunic up and let it naturally unfold, the black lion head appearing from the black folds. Fionnigan took the tunic from his old friend, and stared at it with reverence for a brief moment before slipping it over his head.

Mortem proditoribus.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Role playing