Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Eagleshire

Post subject: Eagleshire's "Need" List
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:40 pm 

Here are some things the Park is in need of. If anyone wants to volunteer for something please let me know. Thanks!

Bottled water provider for the months of July and August
2 Groundskeepers for the months of July and August
Volunteers to pass out Amtgard flyers

Wish List (hey, sometimes "ask and ye shall receive" works)

** Printer with duplicator, capable of large jobs (if you have one laying around, we could really use it)

** Printer paper

** HP printer cartridges (#74)

** Large cooler for water/ice

** Cloth of various colors

** Garb you are no longer using so it can be loaned out

** Weapons you don't use so they can be loaned out

** First Aid Supplies (bandaids, disinfectant)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:14 am 

Atlas wants to start bringing iced water (like Rath has done for years). Rath gave us a couple of the containers he used to use to provide water to the masses so the tradition will carry on.

I made five MONSTER Tunics yesterday (nothing fancy) that Atlas wants to use in a battlegame during NOT CLAN. Hope those will help out.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:18 pm 

AWESOME! Thank you! And Tuk says yes, he can use the Monster garb at Not Clan.

I'd still like a couple of people to volunteer to be Eagleshire Groundkeeppers for the summer. These people will be responsible for walking the entire corner that we use, not just picking up around the picnic tables and the ditch field, and making the park look nice. Even if it's not our trash laying around.

I'm having problems getting the City Parks department to take us seriously, so I figure we'll just do what we can and "adopt" the park anyway. Then a few months down the road I can go to them with the list of what we're doing at the park.

As I've said before, I did get the permission (in writing) from the previous Parks Department manager telling us to go forward with our plans to paint the pavillion. Just need supplies to get this started, and Eagleshire has about $25 in our budget. (hence the call for dues to be paid) We need to start scraping off the rust that's on the pavillion now, so we need supplies to do that. Then we need to get some paint (I was thinking paiting the poles green and the top silver.) If anyone has access to these kinds of things and can help us out, that would be great!

Speaking of the pavillion... when it rains the pavillion gets flooded for several days. Unfortunately there's nothing that we can do about this because of the way the land sits. (The pavillion is at the bottom of a very long hill.) But on Sundays when there has been a recent rain, someone could bring out a snow shovel of some kind and start scooping out the mud. Anyone want to volunteer for that? (**thank you Tuk for volunteering to do this!**)

If anyone has any grass seeds they'd like to donate, that would be great too! We have taken a lot out on that field in the 15 or so years we've been plaing at McKenna Park. Maybe if the City can see how seriously we take our Amtgard park, they'll start taking us more seriously as an organization.

Which also brings up Forest's recommendation of adopting a chartiy organization. Again, I think this is a fantastic idea. I'd like to hear more from you guys if there's anything else you'd like to see done at the park or as an organization.

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Eagleshire