Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:01 pm 

People there: McFadden, Three Jugs, Skullban (sp?) and myself.

Activities: McFadden fixed all 3 chainsaws, cleared out green cart for wood transport, cut down dead trees, killed poison ivy, had an improptu RGK meeting after lunch and cut down/cut up more trees. Hauling all in all about a cord of wood back to the front for firewood.

That's all folks.

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:58 am 

You probably would have had more people if the future of the RGK (and the use of Tanglewood Forest?) wasn't up in the air.

Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:30 pm 

Ivan";p="7388 wrote:
You probably would have had more people if the future of the RGK (and the use of Tanglewood Forest?) wasn't up in the air.

I don't think it is the current debate that kept people away. I think it is the lack of functionality that sparked the debate.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:45 pm 

OK, let me re-phrase. You WOULD have had more people (our company at least) if the future of the site was not in doubt.

On the other hand, holding on Mother's Day weekend couldn't have helped either.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:20 am 

There are just so many weekend in the year and things still have to get done. And things got done with or without a crowd there and that's all that matters. There will be plenty more Work Weekends in the future. I think I'm heading out on the weekend of crown quals if Sutra doesn't run for King, that first weekend of June.

And as for the future of the RGK in the air... I don't see it that way, sorry. Any Logical person who takes the time to actually ask the proper people about what is, or is not getting done on the land. What is true in public debate and what is not. And ask about serious solutions to public opinion's problems would get the answers they needed to see that, the RGK is not 'up in the air'.

In fact, I personally would like to thank the people that started the whole issue and All Thing debate because if nothing else, I think it struck at the core of some of the problems people have been having over the years and brought it to the fore front of thought. And the Landowner through this little tug on the rug under his feet, I believe has come to realize that things need to change. Because of this debate people are actually asking questions about the RGK and it's future, and that's a damn good thing.

I remember just months ago, when I to was asking about the future of the RGK and specifically why no land improvements had been done. And got great public out cry for even daring to say such things. And now I look on the forum and see Forest saying that exact same thing and having a band of people all behind him. It's strange how things change over time, and how one person can say something and get blasted, and the other cheerful support. Interesting. And this Kingdom All Thing can let people voice there true opinions and be heard. Without a computer screen between them.

And I think that if people come out to the All Thing and talk to the members of the RGK and the Land owner about some of there problems with what has been going on. And allow us to tell you some of our solutions and plans for the future, you will see that with this public out cry, the RGK is turning over a new leaf. Pardon the pun. :-)

I'll be glad to see both you guys this weekend and anyone else that wants to either support the RGK or ask questions about it's future and how it will still benefit the Kingdom in the long run.

Fenris

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives