Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 pm 

The 2nd Anual Beware the Ides of March is at Red Storm in Tulsa, OK at McClure Park. The date is Sunday March 14th.
Ghosttiger and I will be hammering out the final details for posting soon.

Now we know it is the same weekend as Dragonmaster, yet for all those that wish to come up early,(ie Saturday) our apt is already 'booked' ;) We will be getting prices from the 3 local motels (right next to the highway and our apt complex) as well as the nearby Econolodge. All will put you about a 10-15 min drive to the park. I'll get the prices for each posted as well as a phone number for each so you can make your own arrangements by the end of next week.
We'll run an open kitchen at our place for out of towners that come and stay over at a motel. One less thing for you to have to budget for.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:39 pm 

Motels and prices as promised.

All are on N Garnett Rd which is at the top of the N Garnett Rd exit off highway I-244. All are a hop, skip and a jump from our apt. All double rooms allow up to 4 ppl.

Best Western Airport
222 N. Garnett Rd
reservations: 1-888-438-9296
double room: $71.99 plus tax
www.bwtulsairport.com

Country Inn & Suites
1034 N Garnett Rd
reservations: 1-800-456-4000
double room: $69.00 plus tax
www.countryinns.com/tulsaok_ne

Ramada Tulsa Airport East
1010 N Garnett Rd
reservations: 918-437-7660 (sorry no 800 number on business card)
double room: $69.99 plus tax
www.ramadaairport.com

America's Best Value Inn
1016 N Garnett Rd
reservations: 1-888-315-2378
double room: $49.99 plus tax
* must have photo ID for all check ins
abvi.tulsaairport@yahoo.com
Saw basic double room and it is clean and nice

All offer complimentary breakfast
And no we do not live at the airport ...it's about a 12-15 min drive from us;)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:28 am 

I'll most likely be able to make this and bring a few friends. Looking forward to it! Thanks for the hotel info, very handy.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:46 am 

I Look forward to seeing you guys there! Last year this event was one of the better ones I attended up here.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:31 am 

Bump

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:01 pm 

Wish it wasn't on top of WM/DM. Then I might give it a go.

Best of luck and I hope it turns out well.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:13 pm 

actually the date was chosen before DM/WM's date was posted

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:32 pm 

Actually I like that it coincides with DM/WM. This gives the two regions the opportunity to gather in a group in two different locations during eletions. :)

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:41 am 

Wish you could attend Forest ...would be great to get to meet you. Maybe next year?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:05 am 

Beware the Ides of March II
Sunday March 14th, 2010
McClure Park
7th and Memorial Dr
Tulsa,Ok
contact phone #: 918-633-2597
(Enter at the 2nd park entry off 7th, just keep going right, to behind the pool area, park, and across the foot bridge)

Gate Fee: $2.00
Sign-In and Weapons Check: 12:30

Event starts at 1 pm...ok we'll try to start then

Food: It will be provided by Red Storm. We'll have water. Bring your own beverages if you want something different, please.

Red Storm will provide spell sheets for all magic users.
All credits for the event will be entered by PM Lord Ghosttiger

What we need from all attendees:

PASSPORTS: This is for Awards that will be given at mini-court at the close of the event. We don't have an electric chord that will run from our apt to the park ;) and it just makes it SO much easier to write up Awards for those who have earned them and do it correctly.

GARB and CLASS SASHES for the Class Battle:
Heck wrap yourself in a bed sheet, call it a toga and put your class sash on:) if not a 1-6 week newb and not garbed ...well Rome has an impressive slave market!

ALL CHILDREN UNDER 14 MUST BE WAIVERED AND WATCHED BY AN ADULT … sorry but we just care about safety too much.

Bring your own chair or blanket to sit on. There are no park benches where we set up for this event.

Red Storm will be holding an Order of the Warrior Peer Tourney for 1st -3rd lvl Warrior Orders.
Been battling for years and don't have an Order? Come try and earn it.

Beware the Ides of March II:

Mark aka “the Dagger” Anthony snuffed Caesar last year and the Gauls invaded Rome. After much back and forth fighting, the Gauls sacked it before moving on. A new Caesar was crowned.
This year after a stimulus package, the same old corruption and rebuilding, Rome is once more proclaiming it's glory and the power of their newest Caesar.

Yet unbeknown to Rome, a new threat is massing on the horizon and you thought the Gauls were bad?
This force has a serious ax to grind, the deaths of 30,000 soldiers' families to avenge and they aren't going home until this 'ax' is drenched in Roman blood.
Can Rome survive the Visigoths?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:37 pm 

Bump

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:25 pm 

Ides just happens to fall on the weekend of Daylight Savings Time. Please remember to set your clocks ahead by 2 am on Sunday ..or when you crawl into bed on Sat evening;) If not you'll arrive an hour late for Ides on Sunday ..or at your respective parks ...or DM/WM.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:17 am 

bump

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:13 pm 

Sutric Journal Entry #fjkvfenk2
Event Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/RedStormIdes31410

Ides of March II: Caeser's Fist of Fury

Wow. Just wow. The 4-5hr drive to Tulsa this past weekend was well worth the trip. Why? Here's why.

The Excelome:
-Getting to rejoin the Red Storm fold. The Tiger clan are Kingdom Committees packed into two corporal bodies. Holy shamoly.
-Having some of the most thought provoking discussion going out with the excursion full of AP/MS'ers!
-Being treated like family at the Tiger's home - talk about home cooked meal extraordinaire's!
-Quick and easy feast taken care of by the Little Caesars pizza palace. Yay for hot and ready!
-Seeing a 55+ person turnout for these show!
-Experiencing a pretty darn smoothly run event with two peeps at its helm.
-Meeting a slew of old faces and making new acquaintances.
-Getting to film mini-commercials for 5 parks. Can't wait to post em!
-Flint representing the JC's well with packing over 30+ pts of armor. Whatever it takes!
-Eniad and Lucinda representing AP by visiting Red Storm's Sat. park day.
-Shadowhawk opening up the battlegame with a crotch shot on random BarBar. Bad Shadow, bad.
-Torgas - Flurb: It's not a choice, it's a lifestyle.
-Julius receiving a 1st Order of the Warrior for facing and defeating 5-6 opponents in a row - in a ditch. Bwuahaha!
-Julius providing a war barge that managed to carry 5 AP souls and all their gear.

The Meh:
-It was overcast, with threats of downpours, but fortunately - no rain. Just chilly winds
-Being the one elected (suckered) responsible enough to drive to and fro the site with only 5hrs of sleep in 48hrs. Ya guys owe me big suckas!

The Grind:
-Loads of sloughing Visigoths
-Loads of Denim on the field. Boo Levis, boo!
-Having to stay behind and pick up after trash. Seriously kids?

More as I remember it...

But all in all, it was an A+, 5 star experience! The Tigers (Shadowhawke and Ghosttiger) put on a tremendous show with the help of some awesome Red Stormers and some other helpful visitors! 60 hand-sewn belt favors, incredible PR for the event and a slew of other luxuries they organized (port-a-john!) for. Like I said, I had a blast being treated like a member of the fam, from a hot breakfast waiting for our car load when we showed up to a special Chilli parting gift for the Sutra.

Getting to see Moose again and hearing of all the insane adventures she'd experienced in order to get the Razor Hills up and working. Well done m'lady!

Cheeto - You sir are a riot. We should loot and pillage more often. I'll bring the marshmallows, you bring the fire.

Getting told a couple times by X person(s) that they had waited years to meet the Sutra or overhearing others say, "Call so and so and tell em Sutra's here, now they'll def. come out". All I can say is - the ego has been feed and I have been humbled. Thank you.

Artus Pass is def. planning on coming out again and we'll keep our ear to the ground in regards to this Bungle in the Jungle event slated for May.

And the crown jewel of my experience you ask? The banner. The banner. The BANNER! Tigerhawke gifted me a banner with my King of Hearts (yes, it's an Eldar symbol) insignia. That alone was worth the trip. Thank you m'lady.

I def. plan on visiting Red Storm much more in the seasons to come and will def. come out to see how the other parks of this Dreadmoor Legacy do their thing. Surprise, surprise, surprise....

Thanks so much Red Storm. You shined this past weekend and I know you'll continue to make this kingdom proud. And I for one and proud to call you our sister park.

Huzzah!
Sutra the Humbled

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:21 pm 

Both Ghostiger, Red Storm and I just have to say WOW!! Our 2nd Annual Ides was tremendous. Many thanks to Eniad and Lucinda from AP who arrived at our place on Friday night and kept us sane in the remaining time pre Ides and apres Ides. We still hurt from laughing so much. To Sutra, Torgas, Caesar, Shadowhawk and Flint .... your arrival and help was so appreciated and that is an understatement. There are just not enough words to express our gratitude. You certainly made all our guests wonder just who you were. Once they knew, it was a Kodak moment for sure;)
Our very new Red Storm members were plain awesome with helping out and mixing with everyone. We're very proud of you all.

It was fantastic to have members of Artus Pass, Midnight Sun, Midnight Rain, Sequoyah Thunder, Five Banners, Riverstone and Razorhills attend. Kudoes to you all for making the trip and making our event successful. It certainly made the public using the park take notice.

Congrats to Shimo for becoming the new Caesar of Rome.
Being able to hand out Awards
Seeing some ppl garbed to the nines ....you looked awesome!!!
Lots of flat blades that were so creatively made and designed....WOWSERS
Flint, thanks for spending so much time talking to our son Jrake and teaching him some 'moves'
Fitting 30 hot and steaming pizzas into the cab of our truck with myself and Lucinda ...priceless!
NOT having to eat left over pizza sandwiches for lunch for a week afterwards ...it ALL went. YAY!
Having ppl wonder why they got a belt favor, so many ppl wearing them once they understood what they were for. It looked great.
Once again the attackers sacked Rome ....Visigoths you rocked!
Romans you certainly put up a valiant fight.
Sutra, you amaze me ...thanks SO much for the promote your park vids. What a grand idea.
Last but not least ...Fox for his 'instant re-play' death during mini-court LOL ...you are so much fun.

Things provided for:
legal end caps, pommels and tape
spell sheets
sign-in sheets for each individual park ( it worked!!)

Points for improvement:
no jeans
2.5 inch diameter weapons AND pommels.
No ripped up and torn weapon covers
People taking their hits
More Reeves on the field (Reeves tested would be even better)
not having to reject so many weapons ...and sincere thanks to every one that took the time to use what we provided to make your weapons safe for the field. You were very gracious.
picking up after yourselves
ppl honestly taking their hits ...remember it's a game ...you're not really dead for all time;)

So we survived another Ides, we certainly made many more friends, learned what worked and what we need to improve on, and we're definately going to work on making next Ides flow more smoothly and do it up even better next March. We hope to see you all there next March.
I prob missed some thank-yous and I apologize for that, just know that you have our gratitude.
Our deepest thanks to all. Our pics will be up soon ...once we get some sleep.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives