Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post subject: Clan
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:33 pm 

Who is planning on going to clan this year, and if so, will there be a caravan like last year?

Post subject: Re: Clan
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:38 pm 

A group of us are leaving Wed. night of that week from denton if you want to caravan.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:48 pm 

I have reports that everyone was safely evacuated from the CLAN site and that Sir Ivar will have pictures of the "biblical" flood damage available for viewing in the near future.

His majesty, the majority of our entourage and most of general the attendees who weren't local left site before the great downpour and have no first hand knowledge of the evacuation efforts in the wee hours of this morning. Many tents, complete with gear, and at least one car were lost/abandoned in the raging waters. If I understood correctly (poor connection and third hand report) the bridge washed out just behind the last of the Amtgarders to escape the valley.

The unusually lingering and at times heavy rains throughout Saturday and into Sunday morning were due to the remnants of Hurricane Dolly...

http://www.newsweek.com/id/149172

Home safely,
Faunna

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:00 pm 

I was one of the last ones off site Sunday morning (early), Sirs Shef and Clu were already in town in a hotel room.

I was ordered to evacuate early in the morning (I'd guess between 4 and 5 am) and we got off site without any issues.

However, a LOT of gear was left behind by us (and my belted family, whom I was camping with, mostly GP'ers) .. and a few of them are returning on Wednesday to try and recover as much as they can from the devastation.

I am thinking of heading up to GP either this or next weekend to try and collect any items that have been recovered (from our camp), and need to know if there are any other EH'ers that left gear behind that they would like us to attempt to reclaim. If so, please let me know and I'll pass on the list to those that will be on site, and then bring it back down with me to the area after I head up there for my visit.

Offhand, I know that Brennon was there until the last, but I don't know who else from Kingdom was there through Saturday night, and might have lost anything.

I'll be posting this to the list as well when I get home from work.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:58 pm 

I just got off the phone with the flood hotline. Bonito Lake (and the CLAN site beyond) is NOT accessable. The bridges are WASHED OUT.

Do not, repeat DO NOT attempt to return to the CLAN site at this time or any time in the near future as it is not safe and rescue efforts are still under way.

I have heard that the local park rangers will try to collect our things when they can and store it for us. I will confirm this and notify the populace with expectations as information becomes available.

http://www.koat.com/video/17019865/index.html

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:15 pm 

Some people are keeping in contact with the people on-site, and won't return unless the "all clear" has been issued. I am merely trying to help anyone else reclaim anything that has left behind, no one will be attempting anything unsafe, rest assured.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:19 pm 

After talking to the Bonito Lake manager here is the procedure for claiming any salvageable items from the "Apple Orchard".

Email lakebonito@zianet.com and include:
Your legal name
Where you were camped
What you left behind
When you expect to be able to collect your things

If you are making arrangements for someone other than yourself to pick-up your things include that in your message along with their legal name and your permission to release the items.

FYI: The Rangers are in the process of mapping and photographing each tent before anyone is allowed on site and for accountability purposes persons will be expected to provide their full name and address when they sign out the things they are taking.

Right now it is in the works to put in a temporary bridge at the turn-off to the site; however, the road near the juice stand is severely eroded, including exposed pipelines, and may take longer to repair. Anyone needing to keep tabs on the progress can hear a recorded message, updated nightly at about 7pm, at 575.336.4157.

Everyone, please keep in mind the area is a legal disaster. I have established myself as the point of contact for the kingdom with local officials and I only work two days a week so it is easy for me to stay on top of this. Anyone who was evacuated please register yourself with me (faunna.eh@gmail.com) so I can keep you in the loop as things develop.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives