Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:25 pm 

OK, we just got back from the land. The Tavern is confirmed for friday night feast. We are going to be serving in an "in and out" style, starting around 7pm and running till we are out of food. First come, first served. That way, we and the Satyrs ball can run together. Drink, sing, dance and stop in for a bite.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:29 am 

No worries! Unfortunately I won't have the personal funding I thought I would to be able to pull of a mail workshop unless I can find rings and pliers elsewhere, but we can definitely do a firedancing one. Since we'd only be practicing movements nothing would be lit and we could do it even with the ban. I'll talk to Magnus about the spellcasting one.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:14 am 

I talked to Magnus. He and I would be happy to do the M&M School of Magic.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:38 am 

you could always use glowsticks in place of flames.....screw/glue a stick to the end of baton and bingo back in business.

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:47 pm 

maialee,
if youll run the workshop, ill see what i can pull together... i know ive got a few extra pliers out there and have a small stock of jewelry rings and beads. i can try to spin/ get spun some bigger rings out of aluminum or galvanized steel. (or you could ask people to bring their own if they have some)
how many do you think youd need and what size?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:28 pm 

If I can get the supplies I would be happy to run the workshop. I'd prefer bigger rings if I can get them, since they're easier for new people to work with. How many people normally show up for workshops? I could always do them in short bursts with a limit of 10-15 (or as supplies allow) for like half hour increments. I'm open to suggestions here.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:00 pm 

sutrasx wrote:
Maialee, Yeargh - my sincerest apologies! Yes! I would love to have Argent Moon step up and offer a workshop or two!

A chaining workshop would rock. I would have loved something with firedancing. Booo fire bans! Maybe Magnus would be interested in putting on a Spellcaster workshop?

Let me know!
S

Zelodie, Friday night feast would actually be an excellent staging point for the satyr ball to start from me thinks! Folks would have overflowing cups, are well feed and in merry disposition ready to take a devious stroll through the tangle!

Woohoo!
S

Thank you sooo much for setting that up!!! I cannot wait to put it in action! Devious satyr I am and overflowing cups is my specaciality!!! :) Can't wait to see everyone there!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:13 pm 

LOL, if all else fails, and we're in desperate need of classes, I could hold a slap-stick class for something to the affect of "How to be a proper Satyr!" And, make it 1/2 comical, 1/2 technical (spells, monster write up, and such)! If I joke around enough, it could prob fit a 30 minute window, max. Anything beyond that would just be too much. LOL

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:06 pm 

Zelodie, go ahead and offer up the How to be a Proper Satyr class. I'll want demos to be run at the bardic stage. I'll want to put up shade as well so ya'r not roasting in the sun!

Demo attendance really does vary. I know Delphos did a leather demo at an event once (can't remember which one), I'll ask him how many folks showed up to his.

Let me know what day/time!
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:17 pm 

Awaiting details:
Zelodie's 'How to be a Proper Satyr' Workshop!

Adding to schedule:
Friday:
11am: Magnus' Spellcasters Workshop
7pm Satyr's Ball will kick off at feast area and will drop by to help kick off the Lobo Feast at the TiT!

Saturday:
Bardic to start after Court at the Feast area

Confirmed Merchants:
Sutra's 'The Prestige'
Seal
Rogue's Hulahoop's
Mertag's Talren-Tech Swords

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:07 am 

Maialee wrote:
If I can get the supplies I would be happy to run the workshop. I'd prefer bigger rings if I can get them, since they're easier for new people to work with. How many people normally show up for workshops? I could always do them in short bursts with a limit of 10-15 (or as supplies allow) for like half hour increments. I'm open to suggestions here.

I have a large amount of steel 3/8in rings from an old household project that was never finished, and my one set of two pliers. There are even bags of different stages of construction to illustrate the process. If you are interested I can get them to you sometime in the next week.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:01 pm 

Elder, you are amazing!! That would be a huge help. If anyone else has plier sets they would be willing to loan for the workshop it would be very much appreciated.

Sutra, put me down for the chain mail workshop Friday at 4 and Dominick for a fire twirling workshop at 6.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:39 am 

Woohoo!

Way to pull together folks! Maialee, I'm updating the schedule right now!

Woot all!
S

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:47 am 

Last minute updates:

DUCHESS REINE’S VIGIL
Don’t miss out on celebrating Reine’s big day! Her knighting vigil starts at 7pm Friday evening till 10pm. Come by the lit ditch field/Sutra’s shop and show some love folks! It’s been a long time coming! ProTip: Reine is sporting a luxuriously beautiful baby hump so plan accordingly.
!!Huzzah Reine and congrats!!

RAIN AND BURN BAN STATUS
Rainy Days Leading up to the event. Bring water slicker type gear just in case. Ya never know. I'll keep ya'll up dated with the burn ban situation. Not sure what it's gonna do.

TRASH RUN
Remember folks, you’ll be given supplemental trash bags so you can keep your site presentable and help us keep our sanity. We’ll be doing trash runs every day so if you’re able to, place your bag at your camp entrance or better yet, place it in the trash bin near gate. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:12 pm 

Maialee

I have the Chain mail supplies from Elder I will have them at the land on Thursday. Just hit me up when you get in. I will be back and forth to gate most of the event. If I am not there just ask one of our great volunteers to radio me.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives