Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:35 am 

Get to know it:
http://www.amtgard-eh.com/library/EH_Ze ... 2.9.06.htm

Goes without saying folks.

You're paying good money to come out and have a good time.

I'd rather get sh!t for going overboard with cause/effect incidents than grieve not doing enough about it.

Capiche?
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:55 pm 

so since we're on the topic of BS:

what's this about event waivers? How many times do we have to fill them out?? (I know me and mine are at 4+). "No easy way to get to them at this time" (quote from announcemnets area), WAIT, WHAT?? we'rent these and other important documents all scanned and stored somewhere?

and from a PR standpoint, the message comes across as ugly....not a good stratagey when trying to get people to attend an event.

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:21 pm 

Sorry if you think my post came across ugly Kenta, but it needed to be made clear that we cant have underage player running around unwaivered due to possible liability to the kingdom and the land owners. The post is only in regard to folks under 18 who will be attending the event without their parent or guardian. Since you are usually attending events with your kids that post really doesn't apply to you.

As for the scanning project yes some of the waivers and such has been scanned on to flash drives/ hard drives but that does not mean they are easily accessible, especially when not all of them has been done.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:34 am 

Aria, me thinks Kenta is talking about this post. The waiver thing/attitude about having/getting a kagillion waivers signed for every Amt event is nothing new.

And I'm pretty sure Sir Kenta can run the gamut of possibilities as to how to fix the issue and how to break it. Once all the on file play/site waivers are digitized, the kingdom can maintain some space age spreadsheet cataloging who has what. It'll be an on-going project, but one worth pursuing. Not saying it'll be ready for WBW. But it would be neat.

Kinda like Amtgard passports or ID cards. But that's just me.

In regards to the topic at hand, it goes without saying but it has to be said regardless.

No real need to make this some kind of moral debate or rationalize it to death. It is what it is, will be, has been.

Thanks all.
S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:06 pm 

TBH Sutra, I realllllllllllly loveeeed the amtgard ID cards. Everything ran so smooth with them, I really hated to see the ball dropped on them. Hell even an amtgard season pass for tanglewood (for us go every event diehards to save a few bucks) would be kewl.

As for digitized waivers, once they are scanned put them somewhere like google doc. and with everyone and thier pet lizard having Iphone tech, they should be readily accessable.

"Passion overrules Reason" wizard's rule #3 of the Terry Goodkind series "Sword of truth"

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:53 pm 

With folks concerns of privacy, the thought is to only make the waiver available to PM's via some online batcave file vault and on a flash drive that is passed from kingdom PM to KPM.

Event season passes: now that is something neat to consider.

S

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives