Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:38 pm 

Does Banner Rule #14 supercede the Amtgard rule of magic #9? Since BW rules state that we can not move once dead, will we be able to cast summon dead on players that are carrying pro-magic (normal course of play, the player would move. Hence losing the pro-mag and allowing themselves to be ressed)?

If not, then teams that do not field knights (pali non-magical res) will be at a disadvantage. I do not believe that this was the intent of the BW team.

Please clarify.

Sir Sparhawk Kingfisher

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:04 pm 

Well 1st off Battlegame senerio's rules always supercede any base rules.
2nd This was not something I add'd. This was carried over from all the previous WBW so it shouldn't be any different to you than any other WBW that you have ever attended.
So I ask you, how was it handled before?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:13 pm 

Last year you simply weren't allowed to move from where you died. Also, if you took a death you were considered severed.

It just cleared up a lot of arguments and poor-sportsmanship opportunities.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:30 am 

Well 1st off Battlegame senerio's rules always supercede any base rules.
2nd This was not something I add'd. This was carried over from all the previous WBW so it shouldn't be any different to you than any other WBW that you have ever attended.
So I ask you, how was it handled before?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

While it may be excepted practice, that we make exceptions for playability. The rulebook does state that it takes precedence.

While I realize that this rule was put into place last year, I also realize that it was flagrantly ignored on the field. Due to last years tournament being the first to be fought with a new rules set and it not being as critical to the scenario, most of the veteran competitors chose overlook the breaches. This year, it will matter far more and should be addressed accordingly so as to limit on field arguments and discussions.

In addition, Moogie asked me inquire if you really want corpses staying on the bridges possibly impeding game play and with the potential to be a safety hazard. Perhaps making an on-shop nirvana would be a safer option.

Banner Wars is a living entity, as the scenarios change then the details involved with them must also be evolved. Not blanket except the work that others have done before you and assume them be adequate to your changes and vision.

In addition, as war/autocrats of the tournament, I would encourage you to start posting ruling on the grey and abuseable areas of the rules that you feel will impact this year’s event. Doing so can do nothing but decrease arguments and downtime, hence aiding in continuing the trend of BWs being one of our hobbies premier event.

Sir Sparhawk Kingfisher

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:02 am 

If it helps, we will be doing a segment on tonights DangerZone show (www.redhawkradio.net 7pm) on how to "Break Bannerwars" this year. Fill free to tune in if you want help on finding several of the loop holes that you may want to plug.

Spar

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:50 am 

Sparhawk";p="2773 wrote:
In addition, Moogie asked me inquire if you really want corpses staying on the bridges possibly impeding game play and with the potential to be a safety hazard. Perhaps making an on-shop nirvana would be a safer option.

BW rule #14 does say that you are allowed to move to "avoid mundane danger/impeding play." Moving in this way normally does not prevent Resurrection or cause lose of enchantment because it was not a voluntary move for personal gain. It was needed for safety.

If a person dies on the bridge, it would be reasonable for them to step off the bridge to one side and take knee there.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:00 am 

My assumptin also. Again I am trying to make sure that what we would accept as common since is going to be carried out in practice. As rare as forthought often is in our hobby, this would be a prime time to begin practicing it.

Sparhawk

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:36 pm 

How is the 2pt of armor as it relates to water passage messured? i.e. if I am wearing 4pts can I knock off two points (hence putting me at the 2pt safe limit) or does it only take into account what you suit was rated at upon starting the round? Is it anysection of armor higher than 2pts that sink you? Is it a total of armor worn that adds up to 2pts (1pt on teh left leg and 1 pt on the torso)?

Sparhawk

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:02 pm 

Sorry I haven't kept up,I have been working both day and night.

If any section of your armor is rated higher than 2 you will sink and die.
If you stay in the water longer than 10 sec with 2 pts or less you die.
If you die in the water you are severed.
Any deaths on the bridges can move back to their ship next to the bridge to take a knee. Without loss of ressurection or loss of enchantment.

I wish I could join you this evening on the show. Unfortunatly I am running a jackhammer and backhoe all night tonight and tomorrow.
But please inform me of the outcome and questions about any loopholes and I will respond as soon as possible.
Thx

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:30 pm 

falamar";p="2784 wrote:

Why are you severed if you die in the water? This just slows down play.

Last edited by Larin on Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:35 pm 

Larin";p="2801 wrote:
falamar";p="2784 wrote:

Why are you severed if you die in the water? This just slows down play and frankly makes it where we have no incentive to cross to the other boat.

I would add that this is highly abusable.

Spar

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:43 pm 

It makes the shove spell very uber.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:48 pm 

Forest Evergreen";p="2803 wrote:
It makes the shove spell very uber.

Or yield since you must now move in a straight line towards the caster or just knocking them off the damn bridge/boat.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:55 pm 

Why are we giving 1st level wizards death magic? They can't handle that kind of responsibilty. They have to be at least 2nd level for that kind of power...

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:12 pm 

Incentive to cross? LOL If you don't cross you can't plant your flag on the others ships aft castle and win the game.
This is a last life scenerio game why wouldn't drowning in the water shatter you? You cant even see the corpse anfter it has sunk to the bottom of the sea weighted down from armor? How can you summon a corpse you can't find?
I am willing to discuss this further

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives