Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:43 pm 

Michael wrote:
This executive summary is not meant to contain details of the 2012 CoM meeting. It just serves to let people know what happend this year. The complete minutes will be published here in the next few days.

V8 Update – update and questions. CoM suggested a more official V8 forum. V8 committee agreed to try it.

Northern Lights (WA) kingdom bid. The NL was voted in as the 15th kingdom of Amtgard.

Rules Clarifications – The Chair proposed tabling all rules clarifications this year and in 2013 to slow the rate of new rulebooks Amtgard is seeing. This passed and all rules clarifications were tabled. Parks should continue to play by the rules as clarified by their local and kingdom officers.

Dor Un Avathar Update – the new Dor was approved and Medryn was authorized to make a few corrections and finalize the layout before publishing.

ORK 3.0 – The presentation went well and the ORK 3.0 update should be available this year.

Web Upgrade – The proposal was accepted. A team lead by Rakhir and overseen by the CoM’s executive committee will be upgrading Amtgard’s overall web presence. Twelve of fifteen kingdoms will be paying a $37 share and the other two kingdoms may be. The CoM specifically requested an advertising plan including well directed pay per click advertising be presented at Clan 2013.

Kingdom Downgrade Proposal – The CoM chose to table this for an online vote in the next three months. They wanted more guide-lines as part of the proposal specifically as to how any suggestion to downgrade would be made and how a response from the kingdom being considered would be handled.

No more clarifications for v7.x, unless V8 fails.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:32 pm 

I was one of the two kings to decline committing to the web presence donation. Though I could make the donation out of my 10% monthly expense account, I felt that I should consult the members of my kingdom before doing so. CK and two other kingdoms both committed to donating well over the $37 mark and I feel we should do so as well, hence my refusal to commit until our populace has had a chance to think about this and approve/disapprove a donation. After seeing the presentation of the new ork and the presentation of the new web presence, I think both will be of great benefit to both our own kingdom and to the other kingdoms of the realm. I will be asking for a donation from the kingdom coffers in the amount of $200 towards this project that will be placed before the populace as an Althing item.

The V8 debate: In response to what the CoM decided I intend to form our own V8 "committee" of two impartial members to be responsible for polling the populace about how they feel about V8. These two members will report to our kingdom rules rep, who will then forward that information to the V8 committee. I am asking for a volunteer from Kingdom proper and one from Dreadmoor to step up and handle this delicate issue. Who ever volunteers for this job MUST be able to look at both sides of the issue and represent both fairly and must be willing to travel to the parks in their respective areas to gather this information. This will insure that our voices are heard to either change what is not liked or broken about V8 or come up with valid reasons for the CoM to vote it down in 2014. I would like to ask that all of us, at the very least, read the proposed rules set and submit to these volunteers their opinions and/or suggestions. I know this is a very important decision we all have to make and it is to our best interests to treat with it fairly. If you don't like V8, I understand. If you love V8, I understand that as well, but we must have valid reasons why we either like it or dislike it to present to our rules rep so they may represent us to the best of their ability. I would challenge everyone to pick V8 apart with a fine tooth comb. It is OUR game, our SOCIETY, our FAMILY, that will have to deal with this decision and if WE don't do our part to make this decision, someone else will make it for us.

Elder covered pretty much everything else as clearly as need be. If there are any questions about the CoM meeting I am happy to discuss them with you.

If you wish to volunteer for the EH V8 committee, please contact me. I would much rather have someone volunteer for this important job than to have to ask someone to do it.

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:07 am 

What exactly do they mean by kingdom downgrade?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:11 am 

Kevetor wrote:
What exactly do they mean by kingdom downgrade?

I would assume talking about kingdoms that are not even close to making their numbers downgrading them to principality or something similar. Much like a Duchy only making 10-15 people getting downgraded back to a shire... tho since I wasn't at clan and not at the meeting I can't say for sure, that's just the impression I got from the wording.

"Until we stop viewing making a knight into a non-knight a fate worse than death we'll never be able to clean up knighthood." - Glen

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:07 am 

It also stems from Kingdoms who do not send representation to the CoM for multiple years and refuse to participate in the governance of Amtgard. When that happens, some things can't be voted on because they require a unanimous vote.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:48 am 

what he said

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:46 am 

Michael wrote:
I wanted to take time to make a report to the monarchs of Amtgard after approximately half the time between our annual meetings at Gathering of the Clans. Several items from last year were left in the hands of the Executive Committee to handle and I really owed all of you updates on these items before this but life for me (like all of you) got busy. I apologize. The good news is that much of the important activity is still going on even though I didn’t keep you as updated as I should have.

The three items that got carried out of Clan for action were:
ORK 3.0
Amtgard Web Updgrade
Kingdom Downgrade proposal

The ORK three project was demonstrated and we predicted that it would be complete by the end of the year. We will miss this date. The ORK3.0 went into final testing in late November but the QA team has identified enough things that require fixing that Megiddo, the ORK3.0 PM, now tells me it will be in the first quarter of 2013. I know this is disappointing to many PMs who are excited about having some improvements in their tool but as usual it’s more important to have it right than just to have it quickly.

The web upgrade project is on track although much still remains to be done to achieve the goal of having it ready to go by Clan 2013. Rakhir and his team have already worked with Roger and his to move the Wiki hosting to the new web space. Also, thanks to Ivar, we now have the domains http://www.amtgard.com, http://www.amtgard.net and http://www.amtgard.inc pointing at the new web project. Of course, since its still not ready they are pointing at unavailable material just this second. I haven’t asked the kingdoms for the money that most of you offered to put up yet because there is a tax advantage to the people doing the work to take the payments in a single calendar year. I will be hitting up the kingdoms after the first of the year.

Finally the Kingdom Downgrade Proposal died on the vine. This is partially my fault. I definitely noted that at the CoM meeting the monarchs weren’t very excited about this proposal. The individual who proposed it didn’t want to put too much more definition into it. I probably should have stepped in and found someone else to flesh out the proposal as we agreed at the CoM meeting and then pushed this body to discuss and vote in this forum. I didn’t. For that I am sorry. If anyone one wants to flesh out this proposal, I will push to get this body to discuss and vote on it. If not, we can leave the possible demotion of kingdoms in the hands of the BoD of Amtgard Inc.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives