Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives

Post subject: November Park Battles
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:26 pm 

NPB ...Boggy Depot site is confirmed our reservation as of today. Pavilion cost is down to $50.00 ..from $75.00 this year. Do we have a current (updated) flier that I can get, so that I can mail it to the park?
They will get our Amtgard info advertized ...and on the radio for FREE!!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:18 am 

Planning to be there!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:07 pm 

Can the autocrats start posting up details for the event please? Planned games? A&S? Feast? Etc. I want to start generating interest, but have very little in the way pf details to give out.

Thanks!

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:51 pm 

working on it

Squire to Sir Logan T. Black
Clan Chieftain of the Turtle Clan
Ship's Surgeon, HMS "Turtle's Revenge"
Gaslight Sky Pirate

"Dwarves and mountains have one thing in common: It takes an almighty hammer and a tremendous amount of persistence to overcome them."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:35 am 

NPB A&S workshop...

Due to the request of the A&S participants, we are going to hold an A&S workshop at NPB to "playtest" open panel judging.

A panel of 5 judges will be assembled for you to present your A&S items to. You will be expected to present your items in a way that will showcase your work, your time, your experience, and your abilities. You can expect the judges to ask questions pertaining to these areas. You can expect feedback from our judges at the time of presentation in a tactful and respectful manner.

This is being presented to our Artisians as a workshop, not a competation so as not to affect EH quals or Olympiad.

Please enter 1 item per Artisian.

Electronic entries will require the appropriate means to play them on site.

All entrants with food will be responsible for the temp control of their food items.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:46 pm 

Dailyn wrote:
Please enter 1 item per Artisian.

Can we open it up to more entries per person. I think you will find that the judging will not tyake too much time even with multiple entries.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:15 pm 

ok this is what I have so far :

2 -3 Battlegames (could be more)
one of these should be the park vs park ..yet I have had no feed back from anyone actually coming up with this (could be mistaken here though;) lol

V-8 game run by Alby (others?) will confirm this
Panel judging
How To Judge workshop
Bardic/story telling
Decorate your park's feast table. Hang those banners up ..show your park pride!
Don't have anything? Drag out the Halloween decorations ;)

Course there will be ditching/games to fill the in between time;) ...would like this to be out of the main camping area ..so can we find a good nearby spot for it? Would anyone like to run a fighting how to?

Gate is 10.00. Feast will be pot luck ..please bring a dish. IF you don't want to do that, a donation of cups, bowls, plates and eating utensils would be most welcome!

Anyone with more ideas ...is more than welcome to do/run something. Would rather have too much on the go than not enough.

Promo package going out to the State Park this week. Malran made us up some great color fliers for the local area, since the park requested them. Remember this event is going to be advertized...yay! Please let's garb up as much as we all can to impress the guests we draw in.

On that note, there will be lots of waivers should anyone wish to swing some foam. We need some PR volunteers to show/explain what Amtgard is. I'll work taking waivers and assisting here.

I could use 4 signs that just say Amtgard with an arrow for off highway 69/75 onto the park road ...and one for that turn further up the same road closer to the park. One or 2 for the back way into the park. Volunteers for that? Cardboard or white foam board would work. We had more than a few lost travelers last time ;)

I'm fairly sure that King Docsi will be giving out the ribbons for the banners from his reign theme competition at NPB. Will confirm this.

With WBW over ...this event should come together quicker since it can now be focused on more.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:40 am 

Tigerhawke, I can do more than 1 item per entrant for the panel judging.

Maybe no more than 3 items? Is that better Forest?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:43 am 

I'm just 1 man giving an opinion. I don't think an entry limit is really needed. But if there is a fear that there will be too many entries to get through, put in a 3 item limit, but add that if time allows, people can enter additional items to be reviewed.

Part of my reasoning is that I want people to bring lots of A&S entries and not feel constrained. The other reason, is that if we shift to this type of format, we have to know how it will work on a large scale, and NPB will be the first step towards that.

Lastly, what about written entries? Are they going to be submitted in advance so peopel have time to read them prior to the event? It kinda sucks to be stuck spending Friday night / Sat morning reading entries at the event instead of getting to enjoy the event. It is one of the only types of entries where the judge must dedicate large amounts of time outside of the actual time set aside for the competition.

Puppet Master of the EH

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:59 pm 

Absolutely there can be more A&S entries! I agree that it should be the more the merrier. A lot of folks are working on quals items up here for Dreadmoor. Our Quals takes place the weekend before NPB..so there is no reason why they can't enter some of them again at NPB ...OR better yet ...we could have ppl choose one or 2 items to take before the Panel judge demo (?)

That way they can experience two types of judging styles. How you wish to run the panel judging is totally up to you. I am just the unofficial put-er together-er since earlier the main focus was on WBW ...and NPB is so close afterwards.

The more we have on the go at NPB ..the better since it really looks like we have a fantasic opportunity to show case Amtgard this year. I'm leaving this event wide open to people's ideas ..and areas of interest/expertise to run something they are interested in.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:27 pm 

Materials for the signs have been donated by Deydron and Lynn of Pirate's Landing! Thanks so much!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:03 pm 

im taking a small crew up for this. I havent heard of many that are going but I hope it turns out well. 2.5 hr drive to a northern event beats the 14 hr drive to rising winds.

If at first you dont succeed, Dick Stab the guy that does,,,,

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:19 pm 

Who would I talk to about bringing food?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:12 pm 

If it's for feast it is pot luck ....let me know if you mean something else;)

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:35 pm 

Hey, I think I left my shield at the event. Did you guys find one when you were cleaning up by any chance?

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Announcements » Archives