Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Red Storm

Post subject: Park Qual Results
 Post Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:47 pm 

Poor turnout for our park quals but here are the results.

Tigerhawke:

Basic Tabbard With Fringed Sash: 3.45

Javelin: 3.33

Strawberry Vertically Challenged Cake: 4.11

no one else entered

Post subject: Re: Park Qual Results
 Post Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:50 am 

congrats tigerhawk!

its a start. for park quals in december kings point only had the three officers enter anything, so dont feel too special.

Post Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:14 am 

I'm running uncontested. Our park is young and the vast majority of our populace has only been a part of our wonderful park since February. They are keen to learn all we have to teach but do not as yet feel that they can hold an officer position. Come later in this year and I am hoping that many will. Don't feel too special? lol I'm just as 'special' as anyone else in any Amtgard park anywhere. It's the service to Red Storm and The Kingdom that I care deeply about. Qualing well is important and it teaches new members what that aspect is all about, from the entries entered, to how to judge and that TigerHawke makes really good strawberry shortcake.;)

Post Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:55 pm 

next time you enter food let me know so i can judge.

set a good example for the new players and get them involved in the leadership so it becomes more of a formality when they qual and take over instead of "oh sh... what did i get myself into". good luck on your kingdom position and let me know if theres anything yall need up there, or what i can do if/when i become regent

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:27 pm 

Just hopefully none of them rearrange their Priorities to make Amtgard first. Especially since the most of us are in College. If we put Amtgard in front of everything we might as well withdraw from college. I've seen a family get ripped apart because somebody reorganized his priorities. Still don't think that person has their Priorities straight.

(Don't ask about it cause I'm not gonna give a name or a sex.)

Kyto Nichiro "Cheeto" is the name.
Enjoy fighting all day a living the ache the next day.
He who talks to a ring.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:56 pm 

School, be it high school or a higher education comes before most things, especially since in college/university you are paying for it. Amtard is something we do for fun and recreation. Red Storm is an outlet for a lot of things, put on for the benefit of many, just like all our EH parks.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:55 pm 

wow where did this topic change come from?

Cheeto... some advice if I may...

A lot of us have been in this game for years and years, and unfortunately some have made Amtgard their first priority. For some people, it really is all they've got, for others it's just a place to release some frustration. The people who run for and hold offices on the park or kingdom level have to rearrange their lives to make Amtgard a priority. Not the first priority by any means, but it is a priority. You may feel that when you're getting told what to do all the time by older members of this game, or when the rules are enforced so strictly at some parks, that people are just going overboard and trying to get in your way and be "amtgard crazy fools". Some people do take it very seriously.

If you start to feel you are being pushed to make Amtgard your first priority then my advice to you is to take a step out of it. Don't step up and offer to run for an office position if you know you will be unable to commit to it. Just come out and fight. But take the time to read and understand the rules of the game and the club of our Kingdom before you do. Following the rules is NOT putting Amtgard as first priority, it's having a love for the game.

"If we put Amtgard in front of everything we might as well withdraw from college"... that's not a good attitude to have if you're going to continue to play this game, it's going to make you a miserable mess. Just go out to a park and play--but play nicely and within the boundaries of what we have in place in The Emerald Hills. If you start getting into the politics of the game, you're going to eventually have to rearrange a priority or two for Amtgard. That's just the way it is.

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Red Storm