Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Red Storm

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:16 pm 

Read here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3434

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:32 am 

Read it and it is not 'major' ...please read it again

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:47 pm 

I suppose not everyone would consider it major to abolish the RGK, redefine the Circle of Knights, and change the requirements for group promotions and demotions to be major changes.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:20 am 

Most of the revisions are things we already do in EH. The RGK has not done anything major for about 2 yrs ..other than be a list of ppl ( sans 3 Jugs who lives on the land) that if you check are not actually doing work there. Asmodius could almost be RGK by himself! and he's not even a member of it. Most of the folks are now chosing to do work weekends to get things done at TWF anyways.

The CoK has their own by-laws and the only thing that I can see that is different is the ablility to remove a Knighthood. Something we didn't have and I somehow don't think that is going to be an easy process. Some ppl suggested that the populace get a vote on that ..and it was shot down. I have to agree that it should NOT include the populace vote at all.

Group promotions still require (let's say for a Shire) 20 ppl to sign in for 6 months to get to Barony. The number of sign ins hasn't changed. When a park is deserving of stepping to the next lvl it is still the EHPM that checks the numbers and then goes to the Monarch for approval. Demoting a park is usually done via that park's request, or the park notifies the Kingdom that they are shutting down ...

I find this new revision to be clear and concise. IF difficulties arise and we find that things need to be changed then we have the process of Althing to do it. A corpora should be a 'living document' that can change as the Kingdom does. All the last 'revision' did in Nov 2009 was reorganize the pages so it flowed better , and ppl fought against that too. All I feel is that we give it a chance before we start flipping out over it.
Heck it is far simpler that what the new version of the ROP is looking like;) That is cause for real concern.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:31 am 

I'm not happy that the proposed revisions do not state the CoK is composed of the knights. The CoK deserves it's self-steerage, but its membership should never be independent of the Monarch and, by extension, the democratic process. For a long time, the CoK has suffered from becoming too insular; to me encoding this independence seems like an attempt to further distance the knights from the populace whom they serve, honor, and represent. Ultimately, what the Althing giveth, Althing taketh away. ... Secondarily, Forest has said the revisions say something about attendance which I do not believe it says. That bothers me. The purpose of a revision should be to improve our governance, not complicate it by creating conflicting lines of authority.

The Corpora is long overdue for a revision, but this is too much, too fast. That's my opinion. I think the populace should consider whether we need all of these changes, right now, or most of the changes, in a couple of months.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:59 am 

DarkAngel ...I can not even conceive of anyone not thinking that the CoK is not just composed of Knights. The last page clearly lays it all out to me and I'm just going off being a regular Amtgardian member. The Knights have their own by-laws, their own circle at TWF and I respect that highly. Maybe one day I will earn a belt, however until that day, I have no business in CoK matters. I feel that you will find that anyone that is not a Knight feels that way.
Personally I respect your views on the revision and how you feel about this. I will vote on this as I feel too. Also, and I think like you as well, I will be watching how things 'go' should the corpora revision pass.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:22 pm 

TigerHawke wrote:
DarkAngel ...I can not even conceive of anyone not thinking that the CoK is not just composed of Knights.

But which knights? All the knights in the Kingdom? Only people knighted in the Kingdom? Can the CoK eject a knight from the Circle? If this proposal passes, the CoK will have free hand to define their membership in anyway that please.

Quote:
The last page clearly lays it all out to me and I'm just going off being a regular Amtgardian member. The Knights have their own by-laws, their own circle at TWF and I respect that highly. Maybe one day I will earn a belt, however until that day, I have no business in CoK matters. I feel that you will find that anyone that is not a Knight feels that way.

Speaking as a knight, it is essential to the health of the Circle to receive a regular infusion of new blood. If a group of knights (it would not take many, probably three people with our current numbers) decided to dictate who could receive, that situation would persist until Monarchs knighted an additional three or four people without the Circle's approval. Under the current proposal, even that might not help, if the Circle decided to disenfranchise knights who did not meet their approval. The result would be a Circle that did not represent the Knights at all.

At that point, the Corpora would probably just be revised, assuming the populace sided with a majority of the knights. But why let the situation even come to that? If we're revising the Corpora, why not do it right in the first place?

Consider another extreme. Suppose the CoK decides to become an old fogies club. They eliminate any required attendances at all. Is that who you want acting as gatekeepers?

Knighthood is not something beyond anyone's attainment. I think it is so important that the system be fair, because that is the way we convey to the world what kind of organization we are.

Quote:
Personally I respect your views on the revision and how you feel about this. I will vote on this as I feel too. Also, and I think like you as well, I will be watching how things 'go' should the corpora revision pass.

I assure you the respect is mutual. I am concerned about these changes, but I do not think badly of anyone for trying to improve the game in what ways they can.

The phrase "tilting at windmills" probably applies to me to some extent, but I am not embarrassed by that. Every one of us has a special purpose in accordance with our nature. From the time I served as Kayrana's squire, I have dedicated my Amtgard career to promoting a culture of justice and fairness. Please forgive me if, in my zeal, I have intruded more than is justified into this conversation.

Board index » Emerald Hills Parks » Park Forums » Red Storm