Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post subject: Hafla
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:38 am 

I just wanted to put it out there that my company The Rebels of Blackwood are going to try and have a Hafla at End-Reign. And bellydancers that would like to participate are more than welcome. We would like to see as good of a turn out as possible. To learn more about the Hafla or to sign up to perform prior to the event get into contact with either. tinkswink@yahoo.com or trappedspirit17@yahoo.com.

There heading up the Hafla for the company and are two of our wonderful belly dancers that will perform.

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post subject: Re: Hafla
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:30 am 

On the topic of Haflas, I recommend that any dancers or appreciative audience check out http://www.kismetdance.org/ - they have monthly haflas alternating between Carrollton and Fort Worth.

Right now HippieShake is gearing up to dance at All-Con, but we'll probably be bringing the show to Kismet later.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:25 pm 

Cool, I'll tell the girls in my company. I think that Fidget has danced at Kismet before. But I'll have to tell her about this special thing.

Fenris

"One People, One Planet"
haven-int.org
spirit-chronicles.org

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:42 pm 

topics like this make me wish i lived a little closer.. I've looked and looked for bellydance classes up here.. they don't exist.. i found one over an hour away late on monday nights.. so yeah.. anyone recommend any decent DVD's??

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:02 am 

There are a lot of excellent BellyDancing DVD's I will ask my friend, who dances competitively with Isis and the Star Dancers for specifics. One thing that Isis told me (years ago) was to take at least some lessons from a qualified teacher before learning from DVD's. Doing this helps prevent injury and from learning things incorrectly. So, if at all possible to take lessons from a real live person first, it is recommended that you do so.

Again, I will get back to you after I ask my friend for recommendations on learning videos. One site that you may like, in the meantime, is http://www.orientaldance.tv/ It lets you view a partial lesson on each Instructional DVD before purchasing AND has performance DVDs that you can view (partially) and purchase. Hope this help for the time being.

In service,
Stormdancer, Btss.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:48 pm 

Lol well i've been to a belly dance workshop at an Amtgard event and for now I think that is about all i'll be abel to get, until they have some classes a little closer to home or on not a work night.. Thank you for the link and for the advice.. you and yours have been more than helpful many times over.. thank you

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences