Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post subject: Sketches/Drawings
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:35 pm 

So I do some sketches and drawing of faeries that I'm told are fairly good. I'm considering entering one I've done that is based off an old tale about a certain type of faerie named Corrigan, but I don't know if I'm allowed since someone else technically created the character. Its not copyright or anything, because it was a folk-tale type thing, but I don't know the exact rules it would fall under.

If I were allowed to enter it, could I submit a little short story/de.scription of my own that would follow the older tale, while still putting in my own creativity? Or should I be specific and stick solely to what was said then?

Much thanks!
Lynn of Riverstone

Post subject: Re: Sketches/Drawings
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:19 pm 

It's your view of what the character would look like. I'm sure if you're sketching the character, you have a deep enough involvement in the character to make a choice of what happens or what has happened to said character.

I would say enter the drawing, enter the story and do it with pride. No one should limit your creativity in Amtgard. My suggestion is to make a note or notice on your work that it is a deviation from an origin or give credit to the creator of the concept. It helps with the whole conscience thing.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences