Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post subject: Re: Completly Confused
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:56 pm 

Oops sorry Aria! When I said I was gonna help him I meant help him get an idea of what holding the office entails. He's an amazing artist and has all his stuff ready for qualls so he doesn't need my help there at all lol! I'm so glad that you can help us in so much! I can't wait to tell him of all of this! He's going to be so excited! He's already looking forward to possibly being regent and so far he's uncontested.

PAG, qualls doesn't mean that as soon as the person does them that they get that office. While it may be true that the requirement to qualls is somewhat of a test in itself, the members ultimatly decide by voting. When a person qualls they have to enter in the required number of A&S entries and fighting tournies according to the park size. For the A&S entries they MUST recieve a specific score or higher on them. The tournies don't have to be won, just participated in. After that the dues paid members get to vote on a later date. Qualls just shows the rest of the park (or kingdom) that the people running for an office are truely dedicated. Of course I realize you would know NONE of this because you are not apart of Emerald Hills and all this is clearly stated in the Emerald Hills Copora. Please read up on things before making casual remarks on such an important subject. These offices are extremly important to Amtgard. They control how the park or kingdom is run and how smoothly things will be done. I started this tread to get advice for the one office that seems to be seriously lacking in our park and would prefer not to have to skip over entire paragraphs just to get to the important advice so please take your comments and remarks to a new tread... I'd suggest "PAG's Personal Thoughts on A&S" as a title.

Post subject: Re: Completly Confused
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:48 pm 

Cava wrote:
Oops sorry Aria! When I said I was gonna help him I meant help him get an idea of what holding the office entails. He's an amazing artist and has all his stuff ready for qualls so he doesn't need my help there at all lol! I'm so glad that you can help us in so much! I can't wait to tell him of all of this! He's going to be so excited! He's already looking forward to possibly being regent and so far he's uncontested.

PAG, qualls doesn't mean that as soon as the person does them that they get that office. While it may be true that the requirement to qualls is somewhat of a test in itself, the members ultimatly decide by voting. When a person qualls they have to enter in the required number of A&S entries and fighting tournies according to the park size. For the A&S entries they MUST recieve a specific score or higher on them. The tournies don't have to be won, just participated in. After that the dues paid members get to vote on a later date. Qualls just shows the rest of the park (or kingdom) that the people running for an office are truely dedicated. Of course I realize you would know NONE of this because you are not apart of Emerald Hills and all this is clearly stated in the Emerald Hills Copora. Please read up on things before making casual remarks on such an important subject. These offices are extremly important to Amtgard. They control how the park or kingdom is run and how smoothly things will be done. I started this tread to get advice for the one office that seems to be seriously lacking in our park and would prefer not to have to skip over entire paragraphs just to get to the important advice so please take your comments and remarks to a new tread... I'd suggest "PAG's Personal Thoughts on A&S" as a title.

No worries Cava. Its good info in any case in case you or any others that have read the post might not have known lol. I can agree with your statement as "qualls is somewhat of a test in itself". While the Arts side of Amtgard can be the biggest pain in the neck it can also be the most rewarding as to receive a good score on something you made with your bare hands can be quit exciting.

I am glad he is ready for Quals that is always the hardest part of running for office finding the time to get entries done. As for what the office entails the corpora is a good place to start as it tells what the kingdom level Regents job is. While of course not all of it will apply some of it can get give you a general idea.

The biggest part of a Regent is to promote the A&S side of Amtgard. A good way to do this could be holding demos as this is usually the less time consuming and is educational to the others another way could be to hold a park level Qual practice type contest where people can put some of your demos to test and give them an opportunity to see where their strengths and interests lie. The person with the highest score could receive a prize even if its something as simple as a park level award similar to Dragon Master (just don’t use Dragon Master in the award lol). The contest in turn can give people an idea on areas of a project that should be worked on so the next time they can enter an even better project and it will help by introducing the way a Qual or DM works and be more comfortable in the process if they ever decide to enter one at the kingdom or even the park level.

The first idea that comes to mind of a possible demo that of course does not fall under weapons making would be a chainmaille demo. European 4-1 weave would be a good start as it is a basic and simple weave that can be used in the Arts such as jewelry or on the science side for armor and you can build on the demo through series showing different weaves with each. I am not saying to do a demo on how to build a certain project using the weave (though you can but would be very time consuming). I mainly mean to show them how the weave is started and how to build on it by doing a few more rows. Here is a link to an excellent site to give you ideas on weaves and ideas on possible projects http://www.mailleartisans.org/. You could also do a garb demo if you have away to get everyone gather in a spot where a sewing machine can be used.

These are just some general ideas that may or may not work for your park. The best place to start would be to ask your park members of things they would be interested in learning and go from there. Once you have this info it will be easier to figure out where to go from there. If you come across a request that you are not familiar with feel free to ask me (feel free to ask me if you have any questions) and if I don’t know (which I will be the first to admit I am not an expert in everything) I am sure I can help you find the info you are looking for

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences