Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:08 pm 

I would like to be considered for Lead Gladiator.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:19 pm 

Culinary and Gladiators... If you would.

Spoiler! :
Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best, you observe the least.
Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithful are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be deceived.
Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:55 pm 

Alright, I've updated the original post with names that have volunteered and/or been suggested.... there's still a lot of empty space.

________________Harbinger________________
_Spoiled Princess-Bitch o'crat-Campchair dictator_
________Mistress of House Battlecraze__________
_____Woman at Arms to Duke Dark Tigger______
✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥

I refuse the refuse

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:27 pm 

there's nothing for instrumentalists. i cant sing for shit, but i can play a few different instruments

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:31 pm 

Could you possibly define the category of "Computer Imagery"? Are we talking about just graphics, animation, website, video, etc.?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:16 pm 

JayJay wrote:
Could you possibly define the category of "Computer Imagery"? Are we talking about just graphics, animation, website, video, etc.?

The application of that term within the community I know it from applies to pretty much any computer generated imagery, be it static or animated, 3D techniques or closer to traditional 2D techniques.

Digital photography, in and of it's own wouldn't fall into this, while digital photo manipulation could.
Recorded videos would not, digitally altered ones could.
Website design would fall under a more broad umbrella of computer arts, IMO.

IF no one is up to this task, then so be it, I totally understand, but if someone is, I wanted it offered, as it can be an avenue for everything from newsletter graphics to website graphics to Dragonmaster entries.

The reason I choose the word imagery instead of arts for that is that computer arts would be WAY to broad, at least from my perspective and experience.

Again, if there is some wisdom you feel you are able to impart that does not fall under one of those already listed... Speak up, I've already added a couple of things based on suggestions and requests.

I refuse the refuse

Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:36 pm 

Once upon a time, Lord Malran asked to be considered for the position of guildmaster of storytellers.

Lettusio-Rex, Dreadmoor Fey Jackalope
Member of the House of H.O.P.S.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:20 am 

Orchid_Noir wrote:
JayJay wrote:

IF no one is up to this task, then so be it, I totally understand, but if someone is, I wanted it offered, as it can be an avenue for everything from newsletter graphics to website graphics to Dragonmaster entries.

The reason I choose the word imagery instead of arts for that is that computer arts would be WAY to broad, at least from my perspective and experience.

Again, if there is some wisdom you feel you are able to impart that does not fall under one of those already listed... Speak up, I've already added a couple of things based on suggestions and requests.

Unfortunately I am relatively new to Amtgard and so I am not fully aware of this event. I myself am both a website designer and an amateur graphic designer. I am willing to be considered as a judge for the Computer Imagery category if no one else volunteers for the judge position, but I was hoping to submit a few designs if some one else could volunteer to be the judge.

I have ideas for remaking amtgard videos with music, effects, and titles as well as creating an offline website example that I could show on my laptop without having to require internet as well as different possibilities for amtgard posters.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:12 am 

JayJay wrote:
Unfortunately I am relatively new to Amtgard and so I am not fully aware of this event. I myself am both a website designer and an amateur graphic designer. I am willing to be considered as a judge for the Computer Imagery category if no one else volunteers for the judge position, but I was hoping to submit a few designs if some one else could volunteer to be the judge.

I have ideas for remaking amtgard videos with music, effects, and titles as well as creating an offline website example that I could show on my laptop without having to require internet as well as different possibilities for amtgard posters.

Being relatively new, you are a large part of why the Colleges of the Arts and Sciences is supposed to exist. :)

It is not an event, or a competition, it is a group of people that take on the mantles of GM for different parts of the arts and/or sciences within Amtgard.

Corpora of the Emerald Hills on the Colleges of the Arts and Sciences wrote:
Guildmasters are responsible for encouraging the interest, growth, and application of their particular discipline in the club. For instance, the Guildmaster of Heraldry collects and maintains the personal symbols and person histories of all club members. They are also required to inform the Monarch and/or Regent when individuals do work worthy of an award with their area of responsibility.

The GM's here are supposed to help with education and the encouraging of the field that they head. Be that through workshops, demos, how-to's, link lists, competitions, challenges, what have you. I would also like to see them volunteering as judges or, at least, being there for judges to ask questions of when judging an item or category they are not familiar enough with to feel comfortable critiquing.

As Regent I choose Amtgard-ians for the positions that I think can help in these ways.

I answered in length so that anyone wondering can know how I, the current Regent, view it, and how I view the responsibilities of those that volunteer to be a part of it. Sometimes I prefer to over answer a question, then more folks can take what they need/want out of it. ;)

I refuse the refuse

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:20 am 

Terrik, Sir Ice, Elder Vermillion...

You have all been suggested as potentials for GM of LeatherWorking. If you are interested, please contact me

Sutra, if you are interested in the GM of Scribes, please contact me.

I would like to know that the individuals considered are active enough on the forums to see questions their Guild can help with, and reply to questions via PM and email. If I have already tried to contact someone and they do not reply in a reasonable time I can't consider them for a position.

For those that are already confirmed, or are awaiting confirmation, please give me a method of contact that you don't mind being made available in the stickied post on the Colleges that will be coming very shortly.

I refuse the refuse

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences