Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:26 am 

I have read a lot of discussion regarding retention and new growth for our kingdom. As someone who has left the game I'd like to ask a question of our incoming Regent. There have been several reigns of Regents who haven't focused at all about growing new or retaining our artisans. Their focus has been on various other agendas, however not the core of what their position is and that is about the arts.

So I ask you Orchid, what are your plans? What are you going to do in the next six months to get me, and other artisans back into the game? Or will I sit out another reign because the games apathy continues to grow? [smilie=icon_frown.gif]

Baroness Trianna Allensworth

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:01 pm 

Give me time, like a day or so, to get warmed up, unpacked, bathed, critters taken care of, some real sleep, and all that good stuff after event.

________________Harbinger________________
_Spoiled Princess-Bitch o'crat-Campchair dictator_
________Mistress of House Battlecraze__________
_____Woman at Arms to Duke Dark Tigger______
✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥

I refuse the refuse

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:47 am 

Sure, I'll wait a day or two...[smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:16 pm 

Thank you for the patience Trianna, it's appreciated.

Alright, I'm taking a break from Dragonmaster planning, so I'm still a bit in brainstorming mode, and that can be dangerous for bystanders. lol

Grab a snack and a drink and get comfortable.

As I am sure you've seen, I'm starting by trying to get the Colleges of the Arts and Sciences up and running again. This gives us a group for helping those seeking knowledge from someone with experience. I will be working with the C.A.S. GM's to have classes, demos, and workshops sprinkled throughout the calender and Kingdom. Alot of new people need them, and some of the more established people, I think, would actually enjoy giving them.

There was a tournament, back in 2005, that I want to bring back. It was on May 15 & 16, 2005, it was a company vs company culturals tournament, this sounds like a blast, and currently the weekend of May 14 & 15 appears to be open.

Next. Being entered into Crown Quals does not DQ something from being entered into Dragonmaster, and the reverse is also true. This has been checked and verified by multiple people in appropriate positions within the Kingdom to make the call. You can't expect to get to two Kingdom level ladder awards for the same item, but you can enter that item in both.

I am also calling on the Artists and Artisans of the Kingdom to show that we can raise funds, too. Fighters have dollar tournaments.... I would like to have an auction of donated items at Midreign and Coronation with the funds going to the Kingdom.

Another thing I will be doing is giving plenty of notice on planned dates for events, happenings, and tournaments. Many of us need all that time to work to our satisfaction. (like the auctions, like the company vs company, etc...)

Our Northern parks are full of enthusiasm that makes mine look like a raging case of ennui, and this includes the culturals crowd, they are taking a hold of their part of the dream and not letting go.

I wasn't Regent of King's Point when I ran the tournament last month, and I hadn't been a Regent, I just wanted a culturals tourney, so I made one happen. We don't have to wear a certain hat to take our own initiative, we're creative people, we can make things happen if we want them to.

The culturals are just as much a part of Amtgard as the warskills, we, the artists and artisans, need to reclaim our part of the dream and stop waiting for it to be handed back to us and bring the balance closer to center again.

Wear that garb, make that court garb and wear it, make props, make monster garb, newbie garb, and NPC garb (how the heck do we have non-player characters in a live action game? lol) and give it to park if you are one that can afford to. Bring instruments and projects out to park and play/work on them, and be ready to answer questions, we all started by asking many of those same questions.

The Emerald Hills has an incredible amount of talent that has put it's self in a closet to wait for a "better time" to come back out. Let's not wait for that time, let's make that time be now.

Not everything, but I figure more than enough for now?

________________Harbinger________________
_Spoiled Princess-Bitch o'crat-Campchair dictator_
________Mistress of House Battlecraze__________
_____Woman at Arms to Duke Dark Tigger______
✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥✥

I refuse the refuse

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 pm 

Orchid_Noir wrote:
The Emerald Hills has an incredible amount of talent that has put it's self in a closet to wait for a "better time" to come back out. Let's not wait for that time, let's make that time be now.?

Quoted for truth. If you want something to be better, make it better.

Puppet Master of the EH

"Of course you are Forest. You're like the Mr. Burns of EH." - Finn

(insert titles and awards here)

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:51 pm 

Well said, Orchid. Those of us who love the arts and sciences need to grab that dream, shake it a bit and see what we can make fall out.

Lettusio-Rex, Dreadmoor Fey Jackalope
Member of the House of H.O.P.S.

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences