Register    Login    Forum    Search    Chat [0]    FAQ

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:31 pm 

hey all, im working on a few projects and i was wondering if anyone else was too, i'll go ahead and describe what im planning on making but keep in mind not all of it is done or even started lol.

first of all im taking a ceramics and sculpting class this semester at college so im going to get to make plenty of cool stuff.

right this moment im working on a dragon mask/spaulder. I say mask/spaulder because i dont know which i want to make it right now lol, probably spaulder though.
anyway im using the 'lost wax' method (you can youtube that, hard to explain) and im not sure if i'm going to cast it out of aluminum or bronze, probably bronze. I'll be back in class on tuesday, but i may slip in on monday to work on it more and take pictures. it's about 80% finished (wax) i just have to add horns and work on fine details. it's horns are based on d&d black dragon horns.

I just finished a see-through eyepatch/bandage and i have a youtube link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLhjqsLmzAA

I have also created a larp safe 'power claw', of course i wont bring it to any larps without approval by the larp owners but even still its just a pretty cool little piece i've made, here are some pictures - Image
i can explain how i did that if you want to know more but keep in mind it didn't come out exactly how i wanted.

here is a banner im currently working on, just pvc and material, not done or even close

here is a leather bracer guantlet thing i made out of scap leather and painted

satyr mask (i need to fix the horns to look more goat-like) - Image

Book/journal. this was a generic solid black journal with a metal magnet attatching thing. i just cut that off, cut out the magnet and filled the hole with a small leather strap attached to a single chainmail ring and ran some leather string i made through it. used a dremmel and sandpaper to do most of the damage. - Image

LARP cannon (basically a lightweight potato cannon, uses a bicycle pump and can only shoot about a yard lol) very very unfinished and possibly not usable in most larps... - Image

leather gorget (the boxy infinity symbol matches a tattoo on my forearm, kinda a heraldry thing in-game) - Image

golden wreath. it's meant to be worn under the hair but i didnt feel like messing with it so i just stuck it on top of my hat. bought at halloween, removed the elastic band, cut in the middle and made the wreath go 2 directions, not just one, and used some sort of golden wire to attach with hot-glue. -

a heraldry armor shield I plan on guilding in metal hopefully...if not ill jsut buy a sheet of metal and make this - Image

also, lastly, here is a huge pvc flute i just made..it is basically in alpha stage though, so dont expect anything fancy lol.

and tons of other projects but none have to do with larping lol.

"As our bodies are armoured with Adamantium, our souls are protected with our loyalty. As our bolters are charged with death for the Emperor's enemies, our thoughts are charged with his wisdom. As our ranks advance, so does our devotion, for are we not Marines? Are we not the chosen of the Emperor, his loyal servants unto death?"
- Brother-Chaplain Fergas Nils' address to the defenders of Portrein

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:26 pm 

Holy shamoly sir, now that's creativity! Welcome aboard sir! Can't wait to see your projects in person!

S

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign, is the jewel of his kingdom. -Sun Wu

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:24 pm 

which...er...land? do you attend? ill be at midnight sun tomorrow and sunday ill be at artus pass. ill throw some of that stuff in my car even if i dont use it lol

"As our bodies are armoured with Adamantium, our souls are protected with our loyalty. As our bolters are charged with death for the Emperor's enemies, our thoughts are charged with his wisdom. As our ranks advance, so does our devotion, for are we not Marines? Are we not the chosen of the Emperor, his loyal servants unto death?"

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:44 pm 

Sutra is the current sheriff of AP

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:46 pm 

ah, then i hope he'll be there lol.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:37 am 

i might have to try and make it down there to check this stuff out...

I may fall but I will arise again and again, eyes blue alight to fight for the cause that is embedded in my stilled, frozen heart.

~Dreadlord Stripe Frostsorrow~
~Dreadlord Stripe Frostsorrow~

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:50 am 

i've gotten into the habbit of restoring old basses.

this is a 1982 Aria Pro 2 CSB-450 (japanese made by matsumoku company)

before.

and currently (need to route for the new pickup and paint it.)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:35 am 

I tried redoing my old guitar once...didn't turn out well, I dont understand the insides of guitars or anything lol, i think i broke something electrical last time lol. i did put stickers in between the strings once lmao. this just gave me an idea though...have you ever made a bass steampunk? that would be an awesome idea, sir!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:05 pm 

dude Nice projects. I hope to see more of your Projects out and about when you travel...that is if you do travel. I'm in Tulsa, ok so I won't see you till you travel.

Kyto Nichiro "Cheeto" is the name.
Enjoy fighting all day a living the ache the next day.
He who talks to a ring.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:30 pm 

Matthias Longshore wrote:
I tried redoing my old guitar once...didn't turn out well, I dont understand the insides of guitars or anything lol, i think i broke something electrical last time lol. i did put stickers in between the strings once lmao. this just gave me an idea though...have you ever made a bass steampunk? that would be an awesome idea, sir!

i have yet to do a steampunk bass... hell, give me a shoddy squire or something like that and i'll steampunk it

Board index » Emerald Hills General Forums » Arts & Sciences